PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt 8th edition base Ogre list

Time of Madness
25-05-2010, 16:08
Attempt to make a solid list based on many of the now confirmed rumours. See below for playability comments.

CHARACTERS

Tyrant
- Tenderiser
- Wyrdstone Necklace
- Gut Maw
- Heavy Armour/luck gnoblar
= 311pts

Butcher
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 180pts

Butcher
- Bangsticks
- Dispel Scroll
= 180pts

CORE

5 Ogre Bulls
***Tyrant Here***
- Standard/Crusher/look out gnoblar
- Extra Hand Weapons
= 240pts

5 Ogre Bulls
***Butcher Here***
- Extra Hand Weapons
= 240pts

5 Ogre Bulls
***Butcher Here***
- Extra Hand Weapons
= 240pts

20 Gnoblars
= 40pts

20 Gnoblars
= 40pts

8 Trappers
= 48pts

SPEICAL

Scraplauncher
= 165pts

Scraplauncher
= 165pts

RARE

Gorger
= 75pts

Gorger
= 75pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999pts

Lord - 311pts - 15.5%
Heros - 360pts -18%
Core - 848pts - 42.4%
Special - 330pts - 16.5%
Rare - 150pts - 7.5%

Well there you have it. This is a solid list using the mostly confirmed rumours.

I'll start with the rares and move my way up.

Gorgers - Essential to the success of ogre armies in 7th edition. These guys are now almost mandatory under the new rules for war machines. Ogre lists really need these guys to show up behind enemy lines and hit war machines.

Scraplaunchers - Without having to guess for firing the stone thrower these things become instantly better. With 2 of them on the board I am hoping to get a direct hit maybe once a turn. On top of being deadly in the shooting phase they still act as a 5 wound, toughness 5 beast capable of hurting some units.

Gnoblars - not expecting too much from these guys. They will essential do what they did in the 7th edition. It will be interesting to see if large units of 50 etc are a better way to field these guys.

Bulls with extra hand weapons - These guys become a pretty amazing unit in the 8th edition. Capable of throwing out tons of S4 attacks. Armour saves have taken a hit in 8th edition making basic S4 attacks much better. Ironguts almost become redundant as you won't need S6 as much anymore. The bulls are a much better buy point wise for what you get. The bulls with the addition of the characters will form the core of my army supported by the gnoblars/gorgers.

Just a quick note on characters. I haven't decided yet if magic is going to be worthwhile. I've been tempted to take out the butchers in favour of some hard hitting bruisers which would really make my bull units pop. If I keep the butchers I'm going to have to re-evaluate the dispel scrolls as I'm not sure they will be worth it anymore.

Opinions? Based on the rumours I think I am headed in the right direction.
Time of Madness

patchy
25-05-2010, 16:12
if you are going based on 8th you have too many points in characters. can only 500...

Time of Madness
25-05-2010, 16:23
You are allowed 25% in lords and 25% in heros. So max of 1000pts in Characters is allowed.
Time of Madness