PDA

View Full Version : Now the football season is over, what are we to do?

Brandir
25-05-2005, 22:22
The football season is over. How will I fill that void?

I suppose it will mean I have two months of no excuses why I haven't finished my Daemonhunter army.

I could spend some quality time with my family.

I could try watching other sports (we have the Ashes and Wimbledon over the summer).

Or I could try and waste my summer on the net.

DaViEsW
25-05-2005, 22:47
I can work overtime all summer and earn enough for an Arsenal season ticket! :P

:0)
25-05-2005, 23:21
I could spend some quality time with my family.

You mean you don't?

redemptionist15
25-05-2005, 23:23
Ermmm, sit in a desolate sportless state, watch Henman fail in Wimbledon, watch England fail in the Olympics, await august.

Brother Munro
26-05-2005, 00:29
Rejoice! I will have undisputed control of the telly! Toonami 24/7! Wohoo! :D

Wiseman
26-05-2005, 07:56
wait for the season to start again:D(which happens to be the same time as the opening of the A League YAY):D

Hercco
26-05-2005, 08:04
portent.net/forums

Cypher
26-05-2005, 09:12
Endless speculation surrounding the transfer market.

Usually for Arsenal fans it involves groaning at the weekly announcement from Real Madrid that they've signed Patrick Vieira.

Wiseman
26-05-2005, 09:20
yeh well Veira will either take the money and run, or take the money and stay, he has no loyatly anymore does he. Anyway at least your not a spurs fan dealing with so many nearly signings you dont know whose really playing for you halfway into the season (or your manager for that matter either)

boogle
26-05-2005, 09:34
well we can look at whose going where from the teams, and who wants to be linked with Liverpool now they are Kings of Europe

Brandir
26-05-2005, 10:19
well we can look at whose going where from the teams, and who wants to be linked with Liverpool now they are Kings of Europe

Not many considering, at this moment in time, Liverpool won't be able to defend their cup.

boogle
26-05-2005, 10:49
from a prestige point of view though, people will want to be associated with the CL winners

Odin
26-05-2005, 12:44
Er, you could watch the Lions tour of New Zealand, see how proper sportsmen behave. ;)

Cypher
26-05-2005, 14:26
from a prestige point of view though, people will want to be associated with the CL winners
Didnt really happen for either Valencia or Monaco, so Id say Liverpool are only slightly more appealing.

Fearfully, Chealski might actually have some appeal to the really top players since they actually achieved something. Im quite fearful what could happen if they actually can purchase anyone they want: it'd be Real with an unlimited budget. :eek:

Brandir
26-05-2005, 16:38
Yes, what is happening at Chelsea is rather worrying.

And many non-British players may prefer to live in London rather than Liverpool.

boogle
26-05-2005, 17:02
yeah well Valencia and Monaco didn't win it did they?

RE the Lions, yeah, like Gouging and stamping on each other and trying to get away with it

Brandir
26-05-2005, 20:31
Apology:

I stated in my post to start the thread that the football season was over. In England, yes it is. But I have since been informed that some countries (such as Italy) still have league games to play; other countries still have cup matches to play (such as Scotland); some leagues have play-off finals (such as England).

Therefore I would like to apologise to those members in countries where the football season is not over for making assumptions that all football ended when the English premiership was over. Clearly it does not. Sorry!

On a positive note there will be English footie to watch over the weekend (play-off finals!!!).

The boyz
27-05-2005, 15:48
Probably start silaging, And spend even more time and money down the pub. Waiting for the season to start again.

Wiseman
27-05-2005, 23:29
i doubt anyone will be able to catch chelsea next season now that they have won something

Lord Setra
27-05-2005, 23:42
I will be enjoying a holiday in the yorkshire dales, reading some of black librarys finest books. I will then melt my mind by sitting in front of my laptop for endless hours waiting for the rest of the wood elf rumours to appear.

Baggers
27-05-2005, 23:52
I was going to suggest big brother but that looks rather poor from what I saw of the new contestants. May I suggest getting a good book or how about a good dvd or ten other than that watch England out the Bangladesh for a while before the Aussies come over.

Lord Setra
27-05-2005, 23:59
How can you say that. They have a witch. A WITCH!!

Sorry about that just had to get it in.

Oh I will also be working my socks off to afford the new wood elfs as well.

Baggers
28-05-2005, 12:15
How can you say that. They have a witch. A WITCH!!

I think that is one reason why I wont be turning back on, oh and that idiotic girl Macousi who says she a christian I dont know any christian girl who would wear a dress like. A christian I think not.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 11:32
Liverpool will get in the CL, even if it means booting our poor ass neighbours into the uefa cup.

On topic, you could always watch the baseball!! :D