PDA

View Full Version : Empire Army of Talabheim.

Templar47
26-05-2010, 04:02
In the year 2500, 2 years before Karl Franz was crowned Emperor, Martin von Wolf was born, the son of Gunther and Natalia. Born in the city-State of Talabhiem, his mother named him Martin in honor of the legendary Elector who defeated the Vampire Manfred, and from a young age learnt the skills of rulership and warcraft from his farther, while his mother granted him her wisdom and knowledge in the field of politics. His parents, loyal followers of Sigmar, also gave him there knowledge of there religious beliefs, but to there dismay, Martin chose to become a follower of Ulric, believing that Sigmar was a great man who founded the Empire, but nothing more then that.

As he continued to grow, Martin was soon placed in charge of a regiment of Halberds at the age of 16 in his farthers army, and soon proved to be a leader of men as well as a exemplary soldier, who always lead from the front and never asked more from his men then he was unwillingly to do himself. After fighting with his regiment for year, he was appointed to Captain, and soon proved himself to be and excellent tactician, leading his army to other area's around Talabhiem to protect other towns whose nobles ignored and left to die. At the age of 19, he defeated the Orc Warlord Grimgar's host at the Battle of Hendorf, when his force was outnumbered 10 to1, personally slaying the Orc Warlord in close combat and completely routing the orc army. In gratitude,the local Temple of Ulric then presented Martin with The Blade of Winter, a relic from the first war against Chaos, and then gifted him with a bodyguard of Teutogen Guard for his faith and loyalty to Ulric.

However, his faith in Ulric soon lead to strife in backstabbing in the Court of Stirland, when many of the other nobles, all reverent followers of Sigmar and jealous of Martins actions, tried to brand him as a traitor and a heretic and accused him of crimes of trespassing on there domains. Soon after of being accused, Martin calmly stated that he was doing his service to the Emperor and Talabhiem, and he committed these "crimes" due to the fact the nobles where cowardly dogs and abandoned there villages when they needed aid the most. Enraged, many of the nobles challenged him to a duel, which Martin accepted, and after 5 nobles brutally fell to his blade, the remaining nobles decided it was best agree that he was just doing his duty for his province and left of that, giving Martin of a reputation as a man that shouldn't be crossed and a devil with a blade.

When Storm of Chaos began, the armies of Talabhiem mustered there armies and prepared for war. With his farther in command of there small force, they marched out to the City of Middenhiem, and there alongside the Emperor, they meet Archaons Hordes. It was during the fighting that Martins farther fell to the blade of a Chaos Champion of Khorne, and in rage Martin attacked and after a titanic battle, beheaded the Champion, but was grievously wounded in the process. Soon after, Archaon and his army were defeated and driven back, and soon after Martin returned home, where he was promoted to General and was given command of his late father's army. He didn't stay there for long, and as soon as he was strong enough, he left his home and marched out with his army, determined to whatever he could to protect the citizens of the Empire and Talabheim.

*General Martin von Wolf:
-w/The Blade of Winter (S.O.P.), Pistol, Shield, Full Plate Armor, Holy Relic

*Captain Marcus von Kendolf:
-w/BSB, HW, Full Plate Armor, Griffon Standard, Barded Warhorse

*Warrior Priest Gunthar:
-w/GW, Armor of Meteoric Iron, Ring of Volans

*Battle Wizard Albretch:
-w/lvl. 2, Rod of Power

*(25x) Spearmen: (w/Battle Wizard)
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 9x Swordsmen
-Detachment of 5x Handgunners

*(25x) Spearmen: (w/Warrior Priest)
-w/Full Command, Shields

*(25x) Halberds: (w/bsb)
-w/Full Command, Shields

*(12x) Handgunners:
-w/Marksmen w/Long Rifle

*(19x) Teutogen Guard (aka GS): (w/General)
-w/Full Command, Banner of Duty

*(6x) Pistoliers:
-w/musician. Outrider w/Repeater Pistol

*Great Cannon:

*Great Cannon:

*Hellstorm Rocket Battery:

Total: 2,246 points

A Shadow
26-05-2010, 07:14
Lots of big infantry units! Always good to see. Bit concerned over your lack of magic and protection from magic though.

Templar47
26-05-2010, 17:20
Thast what the rod of power is for. Depending on the Army, I can just automatically use all of my wizards power dice and make them dispel, giving me a grand total of 7 dispel dice. And I've also been thinking about switching out the Halberds for a unit of Knights of the Blazing Sun (not IC Knights). Would this be a good idea?

A Shadow
26-05-2010, 23:12
You could indeed do that, would give you a hard hitting mobile force.

patchy
27-05-2010, 02:13
if you do, i would drop a detachment from each unit. knights need to be a hammer for a infantry anvil. with 2 detachment your enemy mostly like wont have a flank.

papabearshane
27-05-2010, 02:50
Ive never been a big fan of 5 handgunners as a detachment. Unless your playing low leadership lightly armed opponents its almost to few shots unless you are using 2 detachments. Just my opinion, I run 5 Free Company as a mobile screen/Fanatic bait/bait and flee so i can see where the unit of 5 comes just not the points sink for only 5 move or shoot shots. just my $0.02 Other then that I like your list, add the Knights they are a good support option.

papabearshane
27-05-2010, 02:53
OOPS!!!!!! Forgot to say Love the Fluff........Keep it comming and some battle reps when you get there.

Templar47
27-05-2010, 03:16
KK, well after going over my list I made some changes. But I like my detachments of just 5x handgunners so I 'm going to keep them, but I have been thinking about switching my Pistoliers with Outriders. Would this be a good idea and here's my 2nd attempt.

*General Martin von Wolf:
-w/The Blade of Winter (S.O.P.), Pistol, Shield, Full Plate Armor, Holy Relic

*Captain Marcus von Kendolf:
-w/BSB, HW, Full Plate Armor, Griffon Standard

*Warrior Priest Gunthar:
-w/GW, Hvy. Armor, Doomfire Ring, Barded Warhorse

*Battle Wizard Albretch:
-w/lvl. 2, Rod of Power

*(25x) Spearmen: (w/Battle Wizard)
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 6x Handgunners

*(25x) Spearmen: (w/bsb)
-w/Full Command, Shields

*(9x) Knights of the Blazing Sun: (w/Warrior Priest)
-w/Full Command, Shields, Steel Standard

*(12x) Handgunners:
-w/Marksmen w/Long Rifle

*(19x) Teutogen Guard (aka GS): (w/General)
-w/Full Command, Banner of Duty

*(6x) Pistoliers:
-w/musician. Outrider w/Repeater Pistol

*Great Cannon:

*Great Cannon:

*Hellstorm Rocket Battery:

Total: 2,248 points

The Unknown
27-05-2010, 10:54
i really really like your 2e list
makes me happy to see this kind of army list
and reading your story make me whant to take my empire army back on the beatlefield
i whoud go for the pistoliers i think you can use a fast mouving unit and support your knights a litle

Templar47
27-05-2010, 20:35
Yeah that makes since. I just like the idea of outriders becuase they can dish out a ton of punishment given the chance.