PDA

View Full Version : Champions and Magic Items

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-05-2010, 11:09
Hi Peoples,

I noticed that in the VC army book, the army list states that the Blood Knight Champion (Kastellan) "may be given a magic weapon worth up to...25pts".
Here it specifically says "magic weapon".

But earlier in the book, in the "Raising the Dead" section, it gives a sample army list. Here it has: "5 Blood Knights, Command, Kastellan with the Cursed Book, Flag of Blood Keep". So here it has the Kastellan with an Enchanted Item, which would denote that the Kastellan can if fact be given a "magic item", not just a "magic weapon".

This isn't the best proof though I know, as for one thing we are talking about GW, and the sample army list has another mistake in it with the Dire Wolves, though this is just a typo.

Also, in the WoC book it has the Chosen Champion being able to be given a "magic item", which is specific.

I didn't see this issue mentioned in the FAQ, so I was wondering if any of you know anything about this?

Cheers,

Nixon

tarrasque
26-05-2010, 11:38
i would go that the example list is a mistake

havoc626
26-05-2010, 12:31
i would go that the example list is a mistake

It is very often that the example lists aren't actually possible, whether unit equipment is impossible or the points are over what the list says it is.

Go by the army list entry by that he can only be equipped with a magic weapon, nothing else.

theunwantedbeing
26-05-2010, 12:50
It's just proof that the vampire book want actually proofread.

Ingore it as it's a mistake.
Infact, spent some time checking everything in that list, there are several more ambiguities for you to spot :P

Avian
26-05-2010, 13:53
You mean the way the Lord has 105 pts worth of powers? ;)

theunwantedbeing
26-05-2010, 14:04

Shhh you'll ruin the surprise for him. :D

rtunian
26-05-2010, 14:19
so that's what they mean by "overpowered" :p

ashc
26-05-2010, 15:09
Typical case of an army list being written before all the final changes have been made to a book I am afraid.

Kalandros
26-05-2010, 18:04
I hoped everyone would have noticed by now that Proofreading is something Games workshop does NOT do in ANY of their releases.

WotR rulebook has an entry in army selection "Up to tree companies" in plain sight. Its funny. And that's just one example of a typo - there are a ton of errors - not only typos.

ashc
26-05-2010, 18:29

WotR rulebook has an entry in army selection "Up to tree companies" in plain sight.

That's not a typo, its written in Irish.

tarrasque
27-05-2010, 09:56
nah they are just talking about ents on a plain

Milgram
27-05-2010, 16:03
ents on a plane! ents on a plane! :)

NixonAsADaemonPrince
28-05-2010, 22:34

Well, I figured them out ages ago and then forgot them, but inspired by the challenge here they all are:

The Vampire Lord does indeed have 105pts of powers.

The second Dire Wolves should have a Doom Wolf or be 40pts.

The Crypt Ghouls should be 88pts.

And the Blood Knight Kastellan shouldn't have the cursed book.

The Total should be different with those changes.

I must admit I can't see any others.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, I assumed it would be like this but nice for the confirmation.

Cheers,

Nixon

Ultimate Life Form
28-05-2010, 23:06
After reading this thread I checked my book out of interest and realized that in the German version the Kastellan has the Sword of Battle instead. Apparently they do proofreading, albeit only when translating. Once again the German version triumphs over the real deal, which is really scary if you think about it.

However our Vampire has 105 points in powers too... :p