PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Night Goblins...First Attempt.

BigbyWolf
26-05-2010, 15:06
I've tried to come up with a nice balanced list and stay away from the typical Gobbo Gunline, so here goes:

Skarsnik- 205
Big Boss- BSB, Squig, Sneaky Skewerer, Tricksy Trinket, Enchanted Shield, Light Armour- 132
Shaman- Lev 2, Staff of Baduum, Mushroom- 135
Shaman- Lev 2, 2 Scrolls- 135
Total- 632

40 Night Goblins- H/W, Shield, FC, Nets, Fanatic- 200
40 Night Goblins- H/W, Shield, FC, Nets, Fanatic- 200

20 Night Goblins- Bow, Musician, Fanatic- 89

4x5 Spider Riders- Mus- 284
Total- 951

Giant- 205
3 Trolls- 120

2 Chariots- 120
2 Spear Chukkas- 70
10 Squig Hoppers- 150

Total- 665

Grand Total- 2248

I'm going to be having a few games with the list over the next couple of weeks so will see how it goes.

As hints on how to tweak the army would be much appriciated. I've got loads more Night Goblins, and am converting some trolls into Rock Lobbers, oh, and I've got more Giants too.

rtunian
26-05-2010, 15:26
i think you should trade 1 scroll for nibbla's ring, and 1 unit of spiders for 1 troll, bows on the 3 other units of spiders, 1 extra bowgob in each of the 3 units, and 1 extra crew for your 2 chariots. i also think you should play more defensively with your bsb. give him protectyness and if you still keep the trinket, a spear.

i agree that the skewerer is a great weapon. i disagree that your bsb should be combat oriented.

oh and you'll hear it sooner or later, but "it's not a night goblin list. it's a mostly night goblin list". take that with some salt and call me in the morning ;)

BigbyWolf
26-05-2010, 15:40
i think you should trade 1 scroll for nibbla's ring, and 1 unit of spiders for 1 troll, bows on the 3 other units of spiders, 1 extra bowgob in each of the 3 units, and 1 extra crew for your 2 chariots. i also think you should play more defensively with your bsb. give him protectyness and if you still keep the trinket, a spear.

Interesting suggestion, I take it you mean bulking the current unit of trolls up to 4?

i agree that the skewerer is a great weapon. i disagree that your bsb should be combat oriented.

If I'm honest I only threw the BSB on there to use up a few points, maybe add a bit of CR to my squigs. That's why he's a bit more aggressive.

oh and you'll hear it sooner or later, but "it's not a night goblin list. it's a mostly night goblin list". take that with some salt and call me in the morning ;)

Whoops...yes I meant to mention that part of it. I'm converting everything so it will be a NG list. The Spear Chukka and Chariot Crew are Night Goblins already, and when I get a few more Night Goblin archers I'm going to convert the spider riders as well...

rtunian
26-05-2010, 19:46
yes imo you get more utility from a 4th troll and extra kill of panic protection on 3 units than from a 4th fast cav. the two extra crew were just to even out the trade.

bsb might add a single combat res, but it might also give the enemy 100 extra victory points. a bsb is not somehting you should be careless with, imo. if you intend to use him aggresively, consider dropping the bsb upgrade and spending the 25 points on another fanatic or something.

patchy
27-05-2010, 02:11
Read a list just like this somewhere yesterday, quite strong. keep it that touch temeic and drop the giant for another unit of trolls. besides i feel giants drop way to easily

bsb's a great in low leadership armies.. if you fail break test by one they can save you a whole unit...

BigbyWolf
27-05-2010, 14:50
I've got my brand spanking new Squig Boss, so just have to use him! I'll drop the BSB from him and tweak the list with the advice on the Spiders etc to see what it looks like.

As for the giant, he's got two purposes- combat power, and missile magnet. They work well enough when I run 'em in other armies so I don't see him failing too badly in this one.

One thing that concerns me about the list is that I only have 2 big units of NGs...should I try and squeeze another similar sized one in there?

rtunian
27-05-2010, 17:33
i don't think you need a 3rd block of ng if you are taking a unit of 4 trolls. 2 big units of 5 wide ng's and your row of trolls, will come out to 360mm of frontage, just under 15", but with movement trays and a little space between units (perhaps to suggest or allow for chariots/squigs) you will spread to about 18-20".

thesheriff
27-05-2010, 20:28
Inwould drop the giant and the squig hoppers for anouther unit of trolls (the models are just sweet!) and giants die too easily.
I also would not put yoor bsb on squig. He'll just end up bouncing into enemy lines and dieing horribly, and conceding 232 vp's
I would try taking a gobbo big boss and giving him the brimstone bauble and a chariot aswell, insted of one of the shamans or a squig.
Finally, i would drop one of the chariots for some more spear chuckkas, they are good if they land and deal with big stuff. Alternate them on your backine, 1 spear thrower oneach flank, then bowmen, then spear chukka etc

have fun

thesheriff