PDA

View Full Version : 2250p Of beastmen, first go at new list

_Ashdil_
27-05-2010, 08:13
Hullo, Beastmen have been a fav army sence they got thier own book. So here comes my first go with the new rules.
I feel the army lacks a big punch, it's hard to combine big blocks with hard hitting flankers.
Also I dont like the new ambush rule, to get a decent numbr of units in ambush you have to forgo even more from the hard hitters... they should have kept the old rules!
But no more grumpyness, here is the list. Also the list is more in line with 8ed (fight in 2 ranks etc)

Beastlord, Steel claw, Ramhorn helm, Gnarled hide, heavy armour
216p

Wargor, heavy armour, everbleed
114p

Bray Shaman, lvl2, Hagtree Fetish
130p

Bray Shaman, skin of man, shadow hide, add HW
97p
----------------------

20 Gors, add HW, FC
185p

20 Gors, add HW, FC Ambush
185p

5 Ungor raiders
30p

5 Ungor raiders
30p

15 Ungors, halfhorn musician
75p

15 Ungors, halfhorn musician Ambush
75p

Tuskgor Chariot
80p

Tuskgor Chariot
80p
---------------------------------

20 Bestigors, FC, Manbane standrad
305p

3 Minotaurs, add hw
177p

3 Minotaurs, add hw
177p
------------------------------------

1 Jabberslyth or Ghorgon (depending of opponnent)
275p

Total: 2249p

I will start with one of the rare's but as I intend to convert both I will hope for the 6th spell in the beastmen lore so that I can bring the second one into play aswell. I might forgo the banner on the Bestigors for lvl 2 on the second bray Shaman to increase the chance of getting that spell. The army does not depend on it, but I mean a 275p free monster... who does not want that! :p

Malorian
27-05-2010, 21:33
One thing I've learned is that those minotaur characters are amazingly good.

A doombull in one gor unit and a gorbull bsb in the other (points gotten from dropping other characters) and I think you would find that punch you were looking for.

Also those regular minotaurs should have great weapons if you have the models.

patchy
28-05-2010, 01:26
yeap^^ atleast one of them mino units should have great weapons. gives you that pucnch you were looking for.

Sarael
28-05-2010, 01:37
I third GWs on Minotaurs

papabearshane
28-05-2010, 03:10
GWs on minos hit like a ton of bricks..........Love that DEATH!!!

_Ashdil_
28-05-2010, 16:37
Thanks for the tips!

I am thinking of taking away the raiders, as they seem to do nothing with only 10 shots, and the new 8ed skirmish rules does nothing to improve them either. So with that off I can upgrade one or both mino units with GW.
I have been thinking of adding a mino hero aswell, but they do cost alot so I dont know what else to take away, except for the wargor that would be replaced in that case. I might be in need to take away one chariot. That might be a good idea as Gorebull would do what the chariot intends to do anyway (support the gors)

hmm...

I I ditch both chariots, replace the wargor with gorebull. (GW and heavy armour on the gorebull aswell. Then take away skin of man. A wizard with scout and TlioS... no thanks! I could then add two pumbagors, they look funny (in the right way IMHO) and they pack a punch aswell. Then take away one Bestigor for GW on a mino unit... Could do well.

patchy
28-05-2010, 17:10
you confused me haha, write the list with your changes i can;t work out what you said in my head haha

_Ashdil_
28-05-2010, 17:17
I got too worked up I guess :p New list:

Beastlord, Steel claw, Ramhorn helm, Gnarled hide, heavy armour
216p

Gorebull, Heavy armour, GW
178p

Bray Shaman, lvl2, Hagtree Fetish, Add HW
132p

Bray Shaman, , shadow hide, add HW
82p
----------------------

20 Gors, add HW, FC
185p

20 Gors, add HW, FC Ambush
185p

10 Ungors, Halfhorn, musician
59p

15 Ungors, halfhorn musician
75p

15 Ungors, halfhorn musician Ambush
75p

---------------------------------

19 Bestigors, FC, Manbane standrad
293p

3 Minotaurs, GW
189p

3 Minotaurs, add hw
177p

2 Pumbagors
110p
------------------------------------

1 Jabberslyth or Ghorgon (depending of opponnent)
275p

Total: 2250p

EbonhartLegions
04-06-2010, 12:32
unless the bestigors are improving in 8th, i'ld say drop them, add more piggies or another rare.