PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Army list 2K

stuntyKing
27-05-2010, 11:33
Heroes
Thane(General)- Ro+1A, Ro +1S, Ro of stone 1+ AS 115 pts.
RuneSmith- Ro of Balance, Ro of stone 1+AS 120 pts.
Thane with BS- Ro Gromial , Ro of Resistance - 140
Core

24 Warriors w/ Shields w/ FC (BSB goes here) -250 pts.
19 Longbeards w/Shield w/ FC ( RS goes here)-253 pts.
10 Thunderers w/shields - 150 pts
10 Thunderers w/ shields - 150 pts

Special/Rare
19 Hammeres FC w/ Shields (thane goes here)-258 pts
8 miners w/ Steam Drill-138
Cannon w/ Ro of forging- 135
organ Gun- 120
Grudge thrower w/ ro of accuracy and ro of penatrating - 130
Total; 1970

Hello warseer, today i worked out my first list for 2K! I wanna broaden my horizons beyond the BFSP set. So my question is that, is this list legal? also is it fairly balanced? ( to gunlineish etc.) r will it be smashed in the face every time i play with it? Also i was trying to make my list so it would be good or at least playable against most armies, so i could play more games and have more fun:). so how does it look warseer?

danny-d-b
27-05-2010, 11:38
very good dwarf list, I'd possibly look at maybe swaping a set of thunders for quarrlers to get the extra set of shots in and possibly look at swaping the 2nd cannon for a pair of bolt thorwers with engenners and a mix of pentrating and burning, but other that that looks a good list

the 1 glaring mistake I've seen is the command on the shooters which is a big no no (your giving 100 point to your opponunt) so I'd drop them and give them shields as well and possibly looking at giving the long beards either courage or stocisam to stop them running in fear same with the hammers

other than that good list

Dorack
27-05-2010, 15:02
I would advise getting a Battle Standard. Dwarfs are one of the armies that benefit the most out of it.

If you decide to take a BSB Thane, make sure you make it as unkillable as posible (MR Gromril, R Resistance, etc).

Why Ro Penetrating on the Grudgethrower?

Also, danny-d-b is spot on about removing command group for thunderers and give them shields. If you feel like it, give them a Musician, just in case you need to rally and such.

lcfr
27-05-2010, 15:30
I have to say, first of all, that the list is not legal. You have 5 special choices, where you should only have 4. Some of your points are off as well - an organ gun does not cost 140pts. I don't have my book right beside me, but the cost of the steam drill and cannons may be slightly off as well. You should go back and double check all the entries.

As far as the list goes - mistakes aside - I would heartily second the recommendation for a BSB, it is a must for Dwarf lists 1500pts and higher. Also, dump the commands on your thunderers - they are the easiest units to beat in combat, and those banners are a free 100VPs to your enemy. Your hammerers and thunderers also should have shields - as a general rule, any unit in the Dwarf army that can have shields probably should be equipped with them - hammerers for sure, although I'm sure life will go on if you don't equip your thunderers with them.

stuntyKing
27-05-2010, 20:16
Yes many points were off, I was trying to mesmerize points for things because i don't own a book myself i borrow my buddies. Taking off FC for thunderers make sense, and so does giving them shields, same with Hammerers. Isn't a stone throwers strength only 5, or is it six before rune of penetrating?
List edited

Dorack
28-05-2010, 05:54
Thane(General)- Ro+1A, Ro +1S, Ro of stone 1+ AS 115 pts.
RuneSmith- Ro of Balance, Ro of stone 1+AS 130 pts.
Thane with BS- Ro Gromril , Ro of Resistance - 140
Core

24 Warriors w/ Shields w/ FC (BSB goes here) -250 pts.
19 Longbeards w/Shield w/ FC ( RS goes here)-253 pts.
10 Thunderers w/shields - 150 pts
10 Thunderers w/ shields - 150 pts

Special/Rare
19 Hammeres FC w/ Shields (thane goes here)-277 pts
8 miners w/ Steam Drill-123
Cannon w/ Ro of forging- 125
organ Gun- 120
Grudge thrower w/ ro of accuracy and ro of penatrating - 130
Total; 1963

Corrected some point costs. You still have some points to fiddle with. I would advise some Runic Banners for the Longbeards (Battle?) or the Hammerers (Determination?).

I would advice placing the BSB with the Longbeards for 2 main reasons: If they are the center of the line, your warriors and hammerers on each side both benefit from the BSB reroll and the Old Grumblers panic reroll. The Longbeards will also last more than warriors, and they pack a punch on their own. Remember, the enemy will come for your BSB with all they got. Keep it safe.

On the other hand, the Warriors need all the help they can get, and your General is a great addition for them. He will be doing a lot of killing our normal Warriors canīt do.

You might even want to place your Runesmith with the warriors too, since the Hammerers will be fine on their own... but this is more of a personal choice.