PDA

View Full Version : Best Mark for My Chaos Knights!?

Krom The Eternal
28-05-2010, 00:30
As the Title Says What is the Best Mark for them? Im possibly Entering in a 3500pt tourney soon and Need Advice asap I have 10 Knights for a block of pure death what do you guys think? I was thinking Khorne But im not sure i its the best mark for them

FailSafe07
28-05-2010, 01:00
I for one have learned to hate Nurgle Knights. They still hit hard enough are borderline impossible to kill.

I've found that at least in 7th ed. Khornate Nights are pretty easy to redirect and bait to death. In a couple games I have literally been able to keep them from killing anything by baiting with my pistoleers. I haven't seen Slanneshi Knights or Tzeentch knights but I think that the ITP from slannesh isn't really much of an advantage seeing as they cause fear already and the 6+ ward from Tzeentch isn't that useful IMO.

But thats just me...

Paraelix
28-05-2010, 01:11
the 6+ ward from Tzeentch isn't that useful IMO.

But thats just me...

A second save is a second save... And they'll be far harder to kill from range with MoT and the blasted standard than with just MoN.

GodlessM
28-05-2010, 03:31
Khorne!!!!

Rochr
28-05-2010, 03:51
I put my vote down for Nurgle. But it depends on what kind of armies you are facing. If you face alot of WS3/WS6 units and/or alot of shooting the Mark of Nurgle will help you alot. If you face other elite CC armies I would say Khorne. Screen units with Warhounds/Marauders to avoid them getting baited.

Dvnjhn
28-05-2010, 08:55
Mark of Nurgle with the banner of rage works quite well. 3 attacks each for the knights and two attacks from the horses, with your opponent at -1 to hit and at shooting make them pretty tough.

danny-d-b
28-05-2010, 09:10
I'd go with either mark of nurgle with banner of rage or mark of tzentch with 5+ ward vs shooting banner then I'd go with a unit of dragon ogers over a 3rd unit (COS 3 KNIGHTS IS BOARING!!!!)

o and I'd never go bigger than 5, cos your paying 120 points for +1 CR, which sucks you can get 20 marruders with +3 CR for that

Alltaken
28-05-2010, 14:29
Nurgle or Khorne, new edition coming along you're supposed to take LD check not to frenzy charge. Personally I'd go for nurgle though, make more reliable

selone
28-05-2010, 15:08
5 knights, MoK, musician 240 points job done.

Take MoT if you're going to give them ward save banner and MoN with banner of rage works.

MoS is a poor choice sadly :(

Peregijn
28-05-2010, 17:34
I'd go with either mark of nurgle with banner of rage or mark of tzentch with 5+ ward vs shooting banner then I'd go with a unit of dragon ogers over a 3rd unit (COS 3 KNIGHTS IS BOARING!!!!)

o and I'd never go bigger than 5, cos your paying 120 points for +1 CR, which sucks you can get 20 marruders with +3 CR for that

sorry Danny but isn't it 200 points for +1 cr? hence you need 5 more knights for a rank bonus.

you alway's hear people say that mark of nurgle and the banner of rage make's your knights A: very hard hitting and B a little more resistant against bs shooting and maby a little harder to hit in cc. its a good combination although you need to screen them well or they will walk after some bunny with a target painted on his behind.

if you have more than one unit of knights (which i recommend if you have 10 knights ready for action) make the other unit with the mark of khorne and give them the banner of ward saves vs shooting (forgot the name). this gives them that little extra protection against shooting that they need if you are facing a line of canons or something like that. also they have frenzy so shield them well.

Jericho
28-05-2010, 18:43
Units of 6 are where it's at, if you ask me! :)

Agreed MOS is less useful since they cause fear. Nurgle/Tzeentch w/ Blasted Standard are both good. Khorne or Banner of Rage isn't bad, and rumors to restrain frenzy make it way more tempting.

snottlebocket
28-05-2010, 19:02
I like Nurgle for knights myself. -1 to hit at ranged means most missile units are wasting their efforts. -1 ws in combat means a lot of rank and file is hitting on 5's. And you can still make them frenzied with the banner of rage.

danny-d-b
28-05-2010, 19:14
sorry Danny but isn't it 200 points for +1 cr? hence you need 5 more knights for a rank bonus.

you alway's hear people say that mark of nurgle and the banner of rage make's your knights A: very hard hitting and B a little more resistant against bs shooting and maby a little harder to hit in cc. its a good combination although you need to screen them well or they will walk after some bunny with a target painted on his behind.

if you have more than one unit of knights (which i recommend if you have 10 knights ready for action) make the other unit with the mark of khorne and give them the banner of ward saves vs shooting (forgot the name). this gives them that little extra protection against shooting that they need if you are facing a line of canons or something like that. also they have frenzy so shield them well.

woops - for some reason I thought it was 120 not 200 *face palm* so yes that more reason to get a unit of marrauder over a 2nd rank of knights

GWItheUltimate
28-05-2010, 21:46
I run my Chaos Knights 6 strongs with Musician and Banner (no champ).

For Marks, I go with the rest of my army because, most of the time, I'm playing mono gods.

But for having testing them, MoK Knights are BRUTALS, even if only two of them make it to close combat !!!

I hate MoN, it just sucks.

Agnar the Howler
28-05-2010, 22:14
MoN/MoT + Blasted Standard are your best choices. MoN will lower the BS of enemy shooters whilst Blasted Standard will give them a 5+ against shooting, which coupled with the MoT gives them a 4+ against shooting and 6+ generally. MoS is good, but the MoN/MoT+BS will actively reudce the amount of casualties you take, which can stop panic tests being taken completely, whereas MoS just makes you immune to panic, but you still lose your knights.

I hate MoN, it just sucks.

You seem solidly against the MoN being on any unit in every WoC thread you post in, and i'm wondering whether there's a tactical aspect to your decision or if it's just personal feelings about it. I'm not trying to be rude but please could you provide reasons why it 'just sucks' on knights?

Remember that Knights shouldn't really be tackling foes they can't take down on the first round of combat or that they can't rear/flank charge, so unlike with Warriors, the lack of close combat benefits aren't really a large disadvantage, what you really need to protect against is shooting, which BS-1 does perfectly well.

selone
28-05-2010, 23:38
I think frenzy gets even better in 8th if you believe the test to restrain and reform after destroying a unit in combat, as it is frenzy is good now.

I am fairly blase towards Mark of Nurgle and I can see both sides of the arguments. I think against Mark of Nurgle its quite expensive (as much as MoK) and you don't get much benefit from it. Shooting wise most things that have an armour save modifier enough to stop you saving on a 2+ don't require a roll to hit and in hand to hand how many things do you face with WS6 and how many opponents at WS 3 do you fear?

On the positive if you mark your whole force mark of nurgle you have quite the dificult force to shoot at, yous top sword masters and err chosen hitting you on a 3 and you make errants, (whats grave/tomb guards Ws?) amongst others hit you on a 5.

Mark of nurgle works on knights with a magic banner as they become more attractive targets and you don't suffer from the well I'll just shoot something else syndrome.

I'm still more of a fan of MoK knights and MoN/MoT if you have da cunning plan though :)