PDA

View Full Version : simple yes or no question on challenges

theman151
28-05-2010, 01:31
Okay, so here is a really simple question regarding challenges that requires a simple yes or no answer, and just so nobody immediately refers to a page in the BRB, I only have the BFSP rulebook which is very ambiguous. Also, I understand the protection bubble and everything else. My question is, if a challenge is issued and accepted, do regular rank and file troops still fight after the challenge combat is worked out (as in neither character died- do you work out CR on just the challenge or everyone). We have been playing it that just those involved in the challenge fight.

Thanks everyone

Ultimate Life Form
28-05-2010, 01:36
Yes.

What would stop them from bashing heads?

They just may not interfere with the challenge, so big bad Lord on Dragon is safe from regular troopers in a challenge, which means they cannot fight.

theman151
28-05-2010, 02:06
Thanks ULF! Appreciate it

sorberec
28-05-2010, 10:30
Okay, so here is a really simple question regarding challenges that requires a simple yes or no answer, and just so nobody immediately refers to a page in the BRB, I only have the BFSP rulebook which is very ambiguous.

Unless you're refering to the intro leaflet in BfSP, the mini-rulebook and the hardcover rulebook are one and the same. The mini-rulebook just doesn't have all the fluff and modelling stuff that occupies the last 100 odd pages of the rulebook.

My question is, if a challenge is issued and accepted, do regular rank and file troops still fight after the challenge combat is worked out (as in neither character died- do you work out CR on just the challenge or everyone). We have been playing it that just those involved in the challenge fight.

If there are rank and file on both sides then yes they fight. If there are not then they're stood there doing nothing.

i.e. 1) Two units in combat with characters and champions on both sides. Resolve the challenge for that round with whichever characters or champs are involved then work out the remaining combat.

2) Lone character or mounted character charges/is charged by a unit and a challenge is issued and accepted. Character and his mount fight in the challenge with the character/champion from the unit. The rank and file plus any other characters or champtions from the unit are unable to fight that round.

rtunian
28-05-2010, 12:59
Unless you're refering to the intro leaflet in BfSP, the mini-rulebook and the hardcover rulebook are one and the same. The mini-rulebook just doesn't have all the fluff and modelling stuff that occupies the last 100 odd pages of the rulebook.

there is at least 1 page of rules which is missing from the mini rule book: page 269 of the brb: single models

sorberec
28-05-2010, 13:04
there is at least 1 page of rules which is missing from the mini rule book: page 269 of the brb: single models

yeah, keep forgetting about that but I don't think it actually covers anything major does it? Something about units of flyers deploying like skirmishers rather than ranked up I seem to recall but can't think of anything else OTTOMH

rtunian
28-05-2010, 13:28
no, it's about how single models of each type move. these are very important rules to have if you ever plan on having a cav mounted character move between units, because "single cavalry models move like monsters" isn't anywhere else in the book.