PDA

View Full Version : 1500 LSG List(No magic/chariots/cavalry)

Red_Lep
28-05-2010, 02:58
I haven't looked to much at the 8th edition rumors because I don't know which ones would be reliable. Just thought I'd let you know incase I'm seriously messing up when it comes to 8th.

Characters- 347

Noble- 119
~Amulet of Fire
~Great Weapon
~Dragon Armor
**Goes in LSG without MR

Noble- 99
~Great Weapon
~Dragon Armor
**Goes in LSG with BoAP

BSB- 129
~Banner of the World Dragon
~Great Weapon
~Dragon Armor
**Goes in WLs

--By keeping them cheap, I can put a Noble in each unit. I am worried about their ability to stay alive however.
.................................................. ..................................
Core- 471

Lothern Sea Guard(14)- 248
~Standard
~Musician
~Shields
~Banner of Arcane Protection

Lothern Sea Guard(14)- 223
~Standard
~Musician
~Shields

--I figured to be a LSG list it should have atleast 2 blocks of LSG
.................................................. ..................................
Special- 355

White Lions(13)- 275
~Full Command
~Lion Standard
~Skeinsliver
**Will be modelled as veteran LSG

Shadow Warriors(5)- 80
Rare- 200

2x Repeater Bolt Thrower- 100
**I'm thinking about dropping one for another unit, opinions?
Total- 1373

Let me just say that I know some armies(thinking Vampires) could have a field day with me only having MR and 2 DD, but I don't want a Scroll Caddy. I also realise that they could store chariots/cavalry on the ships but I'm looking for more of a patrol feel, not an invading army.

What advice I'm looking for:
-What armor should I give and to which Noble
-Should I drop the second RBT for another unit(if so, what type?)

Thanks in advance!

patchy
28-05-2010, 04:28
for the theme and game wise i recommend keeping the bolt throwers. no bows on your nobles? . i personally prefer the old favorite swordmasters but lions can work just as well.

no need to worry about keeping them alive, only toughness 3 they aren't there for great survivability.
since you are that bit light just take regular archers. nothing wrong with them. or war eagles. the old lothern list used them and i can see how they fit into a theme

Red_Lep
29-05-2010, 05:06
for the theme and game wise i recommend keeping the bolt throwers. no bows on your nobles? . i personally prefer the old favorite swordmasters but lions can work just as well.

no need to worry about keeping them alive, only toughness 3 they aren't there for great survivability.
since you are that bit light just take regular archers. nothing wrong with them. or war eagles. the old lothern list used them and i can see how they fit into a theme

Thanks for the reply.

I blanked out and forgot to put longbows on the Nobles, thanks for pointing that out.

I'm also not sure about what to add since I'll only have 97 points left after adding the Longbows. I'd like to swap a Longbow for the Reaver Bow, but that leaves 57 points that I don't know what to do with.