PDA

View Full Version : DE 1000p 8 ED test army

bbg
29-05-2010, 10:55
hi

i want to test the new rules with some friends next week so i have been thinking of some new line ups for my small DE army

I thought about having a hard 4 ranks spear line supportet by BGs and C-Bows on the sides rolling over the enemy in while DRs trying to get WM and stuff:

Noble
helbard/sdc/HA/Shield
94p

24 Warirors
Shield

24 Warriors
Shield
168p

10 C-Bow
Shield
110p

10 C-Bow
Shield
110p

6 Dark Rider
Musician, C-Bows
139p

13 BG <---- Noble goes in here
Champ/ Ap Banner
208p

total: 997p

so i thought about having a hard 4 ranks spear line supportet by BGs and C-Bows on the sides rolling over the enemy in while DRs trying to get WM and stuff

i thougt about dropping BGs and taking shades against gun line armys

or i could drop DRs + some spears and take more C-Bows for a hard repetier line that should be quiet nice with the new rules

so what do u think is it gona work?

EDIT:
thx guys changed stuff

Falkman
29-05-2010, 11:11
Well for one you haven't got a general, so you need to fix that.
Other than that, I don't see what's so 8th edition about it, looks pretty much like any normal 7th ed army.

Oh, and your noble can't join executioners either, probably a good idea to read up on some of the rules before you start playing.

Kalandros
29-05-2010, 12:01
Noble BSB cannot be general and cannot join executioners (khainite rule)

And a test army wont do much without knowing all the rules - you cant do any magic because all the spells are changing~

tmarichards
29-05-2010, 13:26
You've also put the Armour-Piercing banner in twice.

Slashattack
29-05-2010, 18:45
Maybe sling in a the ring of hotek for a bit of magic defence on the black guard, or null talismans if your feeling friendly.

patchy
30-05-2010, 08:47
^^ Ring of hotek is a great idea if you don't want to put of for a sorceress.

Falkman
30-05-2010, 09:56
The problem with the Ring is we don't know exactly how miscasts are going to work in 8th ed (or if they're even going to be called that).

patchy
30-05-2010, 18:28
miscast aren't meant to be fewer but more devasting.
If can't work off that rumor can't really work of any other 8th ed rumors.

Falkman
30-05-2010, 19:18
The rumours say something bad happens when you roll Irresistible force, they don't mention actual miscasts.

tmarichards
31-05-2010, 14:37
The problem is that the Ring of Hotek specifically refers to a 'miscast'. If the new even when you roll a double six is called any other name, then the Ring of Hotek becomes obselete- if there are no longer miscasts, it can't force one. However, this is one of the things that could of course be errated.

killerbot
02-06-2010, 14:08
but however if it is still called a miscast when you roll say 3 double 1's or something, then the Ring becomes amazing, again you cant really speculate what the new miscasts are going to be.

nzdarkelf
02-06-2010, 14:31
Depending on what rumours you are gonna use, I would take Crossbowmen over Shades in your 1000pt game, (100 vs 160pt for 10 figs) unless you plan on using the Scouting ability. Crossbowmen are rumoured to be gaining the ability to fire in 2 ranks, so there is no need to have a skirmish formation to have all firing. Also one rumour I noticed suggests skirmishers will deploy ranked up and have to use normal line of sight instead of 360deg. If so they must (surely) gain something too off set this - maybe a bonus to hit. I don't know just speculating. Regardless the Crossbowmen will be able to fire as much as the Shades. You will be able to have more of them - which is important at that level of game, and more than makes up for the BS4 instead of the Shades BS5. They can also be boosted with shields and command to give them a combat role and make them multi purpose.