PDA

View Full Version : (another) 1st company ultramarine

spongebob103
22-02-2006, 02:45
Hi im just new to this forum and Im starting a project based around the 1st company of ultramarines. Im aware that they are all veterans so I am using the d.a veteran models witht he dark angel insignia filed of. Bear with me I am a very slow at getting things done as I am in yr10 and dont do warhammer during the week. I have made a standard for the command squad and a pic will be up soon. But for now here is a 400 point combat patrol list:

reclusiarch with terminator honours 100 points

5 marines with cc/w, 1 with melta gun and a vet sarg with power fist. Mounted in razorback with twin linked lasscannon and extra armour. 210 points

5 marines 1 with plasma gun 1 with heavy bolter 90 points

400 points

TACTICS: chappy and his tactical squads run up in their rhino and pop out near a juicy target and rapid fire the hell out of them. The dreadnought (Im think is legal) walks up with his assault cannon taking out any annoying vehicles ect.

Does anyone know where some 1st company fluff is??? Im aware that they got wiped up by the dirty beardy nids ect. Any links???

Thanks

spongebob103
22-02-2006, 04:44
Wow that is right Ive got 1 person assembeld and undecoated! He will serve as a veteran seargent with power fist until the larger games. Im going to use the ultramarine skull shoulder pads from the commander box for all vet seargents and command squads. All ready got 5 from e-bay!!! Also does anyone know where you can get special city bases ect. Im in aus, brisbane. Without further adue:
http://photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=IMG_0020.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=IMG_0024.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=IMG_0023.jpg

The blue looks dodgy and will have to fix it up...

Luke
22-02-2006, 12:14
welcome to the fold :D sounds a nice little project you got going there. it will be nice to see them finished. as for the blue, it looks fine but i discovered that if you use blue ink over ultramarine blue then highlight over that you get a nice rich blue colour

btw, check the sig for the Ultrawing yo! Hard as nails, first company represent!

Edit----------

my technique to painting ultramarine armour

1: prime
2: complete covering of ultramarine blue (the whole model!)
3: Blue ink wash ( i dont know if you can still get it)
4: highlight edges with 50/50 ultra blue and skull white

5: when the model is finished, give it a coat of matte spray varnish, this provides enough of a light sheen to enhance the colours.

Bardock
23-02-2006, 01:24
So many ultramarines on this forum my Tyranids are starting to feel a little out numberd :D your standard bearers looking good.

ham2525
23-02-2006, 02:10
Very nice model you got there i like the cloke (dam i cant spell)

Just curious but is that a Chaos fantasy banner?

Also is your army a combat patrol?

Ham2525

Scorpio
23-02-2006, 03:14
it looks good but you hvae MASSIVE pics my comp was sweating from loading them;) . looks good.
btw welcome to the froum(ham2525 you cursed me.)

-Scorpio

spongebob103
23-02-2006, 06:49
Thanks for that. I dont know about the blue ink (no offence) Ive just never been a big fan of inking... yes it is my combat patrol force how is it??? I picked up cassius and should have 4 veterans by sunday and maybe the standard done!!! Also it is the fantasy chaos standard, I just loved it the normal is just way to clean and crisp from ny liking... Also its cloak:p Love the ultrawing nice work!

spongebob103
25-02-2006, 01:25
Well I had a 750 points battle using my old marine army, uisng the list ill be running in 750... I won but he was running to baals, librarian, furiouso 2 large scout squads and a jump pack librarian... Some highlights were: A dread taking down a full squad of scouts 2 death company (1 with power fist) and a furiouso... And my 115 point chappy getting charged by a librarian (180 points or something) and killing it... YAY 1st WIN

Hideous Loon
25-02-2006, 09:01
You know Ultras, right? How they love their wargear, how they lick their armour clean at the end of every battle? How they tend to every damage done to their wargear? Then, if they are as caring for their belongings as that, how come that they have let their Company Banner, the thing that they put rather high in the "don't-let-it-get-hurt"-scale, become all ragged?

spongebob103
26-02-2006, 08:51
The fact that there fighting tyranids... Thats why I got cassisus. Hes going to be run as a noraal chappy though.

Anvils Hammer
26-02-2006, 10:49
I like it, its very dynamic, great use of the fantasy banner.

keep working.

spongebob103
01-03-2006, 05:49
Thanks Im trying a new scheme though under the advice of spiky james...

Luke
01-03-2006, 10:12
spongebob103, we need to see some more painting and minis! get some stuff posted or else this thread is going to fizzle into nothingness.

do it for the First!

spongebob103
02-03-2006, 06:03
Yes I know, I know Im going ot do lot and lots of work tommorow night I swear he should be about 80% complete, but I have to go shopping with my g.f so there might not be pics... I just really do not know. 1ST POWER