PDA

View Full Version : Gor Rok and the Shield of Aeons

DarkstarSabre
30-05-2010, 15:01
Alrighty. This is more of a general query and clarification as to the joy of Gor Rok.

The Shield of Aeons means that he always counts as defending an obstacle and that any wishing to attack him lose any and all benefits for charging (as is standard with defended obstacles).

But, I need to clarify how this affects chariots as chariots that come into contact with difficult terrain or obstacles take D6 S6 hits.

Gor Rok is in a unit. The chariot charges the unit and comes into contact with Gor Rok. Now the question that comes in....does the chariot take the D6 S6 hits for coming into contact with an 'obstacle' (Gor Rok and his whopping great shield) and essentially lose its impact hits?

Some clarification would be great, preferably before Tuesday.

Griefbringer
30-05-2010, 16:06
What is the exact wording of the Shield of Aeons? I do not have access to the book in question.

However, based on the description given, I would suggest the interpretation that the chariots do not take damage, since they do not actually come into contact with an obstacle.

DarkstarSabre
30-05-2010, 16:30
Exact wording is 'always counts as defending an obstacle meaning that any chargers that wish to attack him will lose any and all benefits from charging.'

Which is pretty much a summary of the description of defended obstacles as described in the rulebook itself - chargers lose any and all benefits from charging, including abilities etc. that are dependant on charging (including impact hits).

Of course the trick is counting as defending an obstacle means, in theory a chariot charging him...is technically charging a defended obstacle...which they take hits from.

Such a pity the fluff descriptions of items matter for nothing really as the shield is essentially a massive slab of rock which he carries.

stripsteak
30-05-2010, 16:32
he counts as defending an obstacle, but he does not count as an obstacle himself. So you get the effects of a model defending an article. but opponents don't suffer effects cause by hitting an obstacle.

BramGaunt
30-05-2010, 19:37
I can only tell you that starting 8th Gor'rok will count as dangerous terrain for chariots and cavallery =)

Kalandros
30-05-2010, 21:17
Counts as defending an obstacle does not make him an obstacle - so no BramGaunt.

Falkman
30-05-2010, 21:23
Seeing as Bram is a good rumour guy he might be privy to information we don't have.
It might well be that Gor'rok counts as dangerous for chariots and cavalry in 8th.

Godgolden
30-05-2010, 23:32
your kidding right?

counting as defending an obstacle, he gets the benefits but theres actually no obstacle to cause hits.

riotknight
31-05-2010, 03:24
Ever run into a slab of rock at 100km/h? I'd say thats a pretty vicious impact.

theunwantedbeing
31-05-2010, 10:36
He always counts as defending an obstacle, despite there being no obstacle for him to defend.

As a result Chariots will not suffer damage as there is no obstacle to cross/run into.

Although they wont deal impact hits if they declare any attacks on him.

Griefbringer
31-05-2010, 11:30
Ever run into a slab of rock at 100km/h? I'd say thats a pretty vicious impact.

That would need to be one very swift chariot, to run around at 100 kph.

riotknight
01-06-2010, 00:36
That would need to be one very swift chariot, to run around at 100 kph.

I am assuming the undead or chaos variety. Something mystical, y'know? lol

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2010, 00:50
I am assuming the undead or chaos variety. Something mystical, y'know? lol

Chaos works, specifcally in an area of the wastes where time passes much more slowly. As a result travelling at 100km/h would be the equivalent of more like 30-40km/h in real world terms which is more easily reachable by a chariot.

Hailariously, a black coach with the flying ability completely ignores gor-rok's sheild as fliers are unaffected by models defending obstacles :D