PDA

View Full Version : Master Rune of challenge gets huge buff?

Dilthar
31-05-2010, 05:23
So I was just working out my 8th edition dwarf list, and I was looking at the master rune of challenge, which states "the unit must be able to charge and reach the rune user or the unit he is with according to the normal rules". So with the new (assumed) rule of charging 2d6+M, it would be possible to cause a regular M4-5 unit to declare a charge as early as 16-17 inches away, since it is 'possible' that they COULD reach you.

Thus leaving them with the choice of fleeing or almost certainly getting a failed charge, leaving the unit out of position and open for a masterful dwarven counter-attack (maybe even a dwarf counter-charge!:eek:)

RanaldLoec
31-05-2010, 07:08
Yeah but rumours also state a failed charge is identical to current ed you just move your normal movement. So your opponent would need to be close for a dwarf counter charge. That last sentance breaks the laws of physics.

I do love the little the angry little gold lusting drinkers beard people that are the dwarf

Dorack
31-05-2010, 08:55
Perhaps the failed charge will place the objective unit far from the unit with MRo Challenge, but there could be other Dwarf units closer to benefit from that failed charge.

tmarichards
31-05-2010, 16:14
Using this with the Anvil of Doom would be especially nasty... 6" move then a potential 15" charge will be ace :D

Malorian
31-05-2010, 16:18
Keep in mind that all armies are suppose to be getting an errata just before 8th comes out, so these loopholes and issues we see now could be 'fixed' before 8th comes out.

Djekar
31-05-2010, 17:01
I hope that such is the case, because I foresee a lot of ridiculous things coming up if they just half-ass it.

That being said, I'm still not terribly sure that this would work outside of the Anvil, because I'm doubtful that you could maneuver any dwarves to be able to capitalize on such an occurrence, excepting of course the first time that a given opponent has seen this move.

Dilthar
31-05-2010, 17:08
good point about the errata thing, I wonder how they would fix it though. if they changed it to "within 8 inches" or something similar, then it would pretty much be nerfed into oblivion, due to the average net increase in charge distances.