PDA

View Full Version : 2500 High Elfs

RobPro
31-05-2010, 07:56
I started a high elf army a while ago, and now I'm starting to have enough free time to actually learn how to play it well. This list is my first attempt at that. I really liked the idea of running dragons, so I'm open to changing most things in the list besides the dragon.

Characters

Prince w/ Star Dragon, Armor of Caledor, Vambraces of Defense, Talisman of Loec, Lance, and Longbow. (General)

Mage w/ Silver Wand, 2x Dispel Scroll, level 2

Noble w/ Great Weapon, longbow, BSB, Dragon Armor, and Guardian Phoenix

Core

10x Archers

10x Archers

23x Lothlern Sea Guard w/ full command, shields, and War Banner

Special

18x White Lions w/ full command and Standard of Balance

5x Dragon Princes of Caledor w/ full command, Amulet of Light, and Banner of Sorcery

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Comes to 2494 points.

A Shadow
31-05-2010, 23:44
Firstly, giving the Prince a Longbow when he is a combat monster. Could also drop one of Bolt throwers and take a few more troops.

bluemage
01-06-2010, 01:18
I would drop the banner of sorcery, silver wand, and make the mage a lvl 1. You don't have enough magic to really accomplish anything. To just take a scroll caddy or replace the bsb with another mage. Magic really is a go big or go home. Anyways I would use those extra points to pick up some more dragon prices and some extra white lions/sea guard.

Also since the archers aren't all that great you might want to replace one unit of them with some fast cav or some shadow warriors. They'll make it easier to march block/ bait and flee/ and go war machine hunting. Or drop the Sea guard for archers/shadow warriors and some swordmasters or min size unit of dragon princes.

RobPro
01-06-2010, 04:39
The Prince has a bow because I had extra points, and he may as well be able to shoot turn 1 if I can't get him into the perfect charge. I don't really think I can drop any of the bolt throwers, where I play I really need the extra shots to shut things down before they hit me.

I'll probably take your advice about the wizard, he only really needs to be level 1 to cast Drain Magic and attempt to dispel stuff. The archers have actually worked out pretty well. Forcing the enemy to make extra saves at 30 inch range will sometimes kill enough guys to force a morale test or knock one guy out to take away that rank bonus.

Instead of Sea Guard, I could put the points into another unit of White Lions or a unit of Phoenix Guard. I have something like 20-25 PG, but a friend and I were splitting the army and all the PG are still unbuilt and in boxes that only he knows the location of. I'm not really a fan of how the Dragon Princes do, so I could swap them out for something else too. They just don't hit hard enough on the charge or have enough staying power for the things they usually end up having to fight.