PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Tourney WoC - Sigvlad (7ed)

GWItheUltimate
31-05-2010, 21:14
Hi !

I will play in a 2 days tourny next week-end and since the number of games played is quite high, I wish to make a fun all-around list that can compete with the majority.

I really want to use Sigvlad as I just bought the model and I really love his stats/abilities. 10 LD stubborn Slanesh Chaos Warrios = You have to kill them all one-by-one until the end because they won't run away !!

I first wrote a list that has a fairly high character value (I know but... ) and a "bigger" army. I wish you to tell me which list you prefer and what could I modify to increase the effectiveness of both !

Thanks in advance,

List 1

Sigvlad 425

Exalted 191
BSB / MoS
Great Weapon
Armor of Damnation

Festus 185

Chaos Sorcerer 190
Level 2 / MoT
Book of Secrets
Dispel Scroll

18 x Chaos Warriors 386 <--- Sigvlad goes here
Halbeards+Shields
MoS / Full Command
Blasted Standard

17 x Chaos Warriors 332 <--- Festus goes here (Regen + Poison !!)
Halbeards+Shields BSB too... (Raptuous + BSB = Stubborn)
MoS / Full Command
Raptuous Standard

29 x Chaos Marauders 204
LA + Shields
MoS / Full Command

6 x Chaos Knights 305
MoS / Banner + Musician
War Banner

6 x Chaos Knights 280
MoS / Banner + Musician

My comments: You have two really really stong infantry regiments (both Chaos Warriors) that would almost never flee... Also, one of them has 5+Ward Save vs Shoot while the other has Regen (5+) and Poison from Festus. Plus Raptuous Standard + BSB gives you min 70% chance to stay whatever the combat res is. The main objectif is to jam the middle while waiting for knight to run and charge from behind.

So what's in there is really strong, but there isn't much stuff... like only 5 regiments or so...

List 2:

The other list is more "troops oriented" and there is no magic. The main change is the addition of two chariots.

Sigvlad 425

Exalted 196
BSB / MoS
Great Weapon
Crown of Everlasting Conquest

Chaos Sorcerer 140
MoS
2xDispel Scroll

11 x Chaos Warriors 252
MoS / Halbeards + Shields
Full Command / War Banner

11 x Chaos Warriors 247
MoS / Halbeards + Shields
Full Command / Raptuous Standard

23 x Chaos Marauders 178
MoS / LA + Shields
Full Command

5 x Marauder Horsemen 91
MoS / Flails
Musician

5 x Marauder Horsemen 91
MoS / Flails
Musician

6 x Chaos Knights 280
MoS / Banner + Musician

6 x Chaos Knights 280
MoS / Banner + Musician

5 x Warhounds 30
5 x Warhounds 30

My Comments: Well there is stuff to sacrifice, fast cavalry to help flanking and two chariots in the middle to pierce some enemy infantry. On the other hand, No magic, no shoot and 11 strong Chaos Warriors regiments isn't much... Enemy could grape fire them and bye bye stubburness !

So overall, you prefer Strong Regiments with Magic actions or Troops oriented army with two more chariots but with nothing to shoot ?!?

Thanks alot,

GWI

immortal git
05-06-2010, 17:28
both lists seem good, but with the Ld10 stubborn dont be surprised when it runs, it will happen, the amount of 11s i roll for leadership is silly, yeah the first one seems better because units of 11 warriors arnt great, you roll a couple of bad saves and soon enough youve got no ranks and your outnumbered, but two units of knights and a strong lord choice should be good stuff, doesnt look to bad to play against more than once either which is nice to see

Eta
05-06-2010, 17:50
The name of the Prince of Slaanesh is Sigvald, there is no Vlad involved anywhere.

On the lists: Try to squeeze in two units of warhounds into the first list. You will need them.

Greetings
Eta

mo-man
05-06-2010, 23:32
I wouldn't bother giving your bsb a great weapon for 2 reasons firstly if you use a great weapon you waste his mighty I6 secondly if you use a great weapon you don't get the benefits of his bsb which means your unit MIGHT run away. I personally don't like bsb's in a WoC army the fact that you have to issue and you have to accept challanges just sucks for them.

thesheriff
05-06-2010, 23:57
I prefer the 1st list. Less unit count for big blocks is always better. What I would do is drop festus for wulfrik. 30 outflanking marauders us nothing to be sniffed at. I would also (because I love them) drop the unit of 17 warriors and make them 23 chosen. And I would also drop the bsb (for the chosen, and because you don't need him with sigvalds general leadership). This gives you 90 odd points. Use it to include a unit of horsmen with throwing axes for the extra core and supporting charges.

Hope that helps :0

thesheriff

Eta
07-06-2010, 15:03
I wouldn't bother giving your bsb a great weapon for 2 reasons firstly if you use a great weapon you waste his mighty I6 secondly if you use a great weapon you don't get the benefits of his bsb which means your unit MIGHT run away.

The first part of your sentence is true, the second part not. The BSB does not lose its effect when using a great weapon.

Greetings
Eta

mo-man
07-06-2010, 16:20
you do as the bsb does not count towards the main weapon that's being used for example a model equiped with a halbard and a hand weapon shield if the model chooses to attack with the hand weapon shield does it still get the benefit of the halbard answer is no.

Rogzor87
07-06-2010, 16:37
a BSB isn't a weapon though. Its just a standard. You still get to make attacks with whatever weapon equiped you use and the standard stays in affect. You just can't give him Magical equipment if you give him a magical standard. for my WoC I give my BSB Helm of many eyes and a GW he gets to strike first with a GW while still giving the Bonus of +1CR for being the BSB

mo-man
07-06-2010, 17:50
i still dont like a bsb in a warriors of chaos army mainly due to the always challanging

Eta
07-06-2010, 18:48
i still dont like a bsb in a warriors of chaos army mainly due to the always challanging

Send in your champions then, that is what they are good for ;)

Greetings
Eta

Brady
07-06-2010, 19:17
I prefer the first list - It just seems to be able to work better. Also I would not refrain on a GW on your BSB just becuase you will waste I6; the majority of the time you will charge or be charged so effectively the I is already decided.

thesheriff
07-06-2010, 19:24
Or, give your bsb a chaos runeshield for when he is called up for a challenge from an immense charecter

mo-man
07-06-2010, 23:29
If the rumours are to be true then combat will only be on I basis so if you want a great weapon on the bsb u need the helm of many eyes but then again those are just rumours