PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Bretonnians

Sho'Nuff
01-06-2010, 04:36
Hello,

I am interested in starting a new army and I am thinking Brets might be a good choice for me. I have put together a list I think would be fun and also have the ability to give my opponent a tough game. Please let me know if this list looks good and what modifications you think would make it stronger. Thanks.

2250 Bretonnians List
Characters

Bret Lord
Questing Vow
Royal Pegasus
Virtue of Audacity
Sword of Heroes
Gromril Helm
Shield

Paladin
Warhorse
Virtue of duty
BSB
War Banner

Paladin
Royal Pegasus
Lance
Virtue of heroism
Enchanted Shield

Damsel
Warhorse
Dispel Scroll
Chalice of Malfleur

Core: 982

8 Knights of the Realm
Gallant
Musician
Standard Bearer

6 Knights Errant
Cavalier
Musician
Standard Bearer
Errantry Banner

8 Knights of the Realm
Gallant
Musician
Standard Bearer

20 Men at Arms
Full Command

20 Men at Arms
Full Command

10 Peasant Bowmen

10 Peasant Bowmen
Skirmishers
Braziers

Special: 230

4 Pegasus Knights
Gallant
Musician

Rare: 348

6 Grail Knights
Musician
Standard Bearer

Trebuchet

Damsel and Paladin BSB each go into one of the 8 man KOTR units. My plan is to have the lord and the paladin on pegasus go monster hunting. The lord will have 4 str 5 attacks re-rolling hits and wounds and doing D3 wounds against targets with STR 5+. The Paladin will try to killing blow a big nasty himself while trying to avoid bolts, cannon balls and rocks thrown by the angry children of his enemies, as he is pretty fragile. I think that I can use my multiple fliers to keep my opponent on his toes while I put the lances and peasants to good use. Anyway, let me know what you think.

-Sho'Nuff

A Shadow
01-06-2010, 09:44
Not often one sees a Brettonian army with four Peasant units. I just wonder if it would not be best to give the lord a more dangerous mount (Brettonians Lords can take Gryphon and the like can't they?) and put the Paladins in the Knight units. That way the Lord does more damage, the Knights do more damage and you cover the fragility.

Zazzer
01-06-2010, 19:48
You are going to need a miracle if you plan to kill a monster with that paladin. I like to have my Lord be the monster killer. Riding on a Peg/Hippo, with the hit on a 2+ for one turn item, grail shield and virtue of Heroism. I took that to a big tourney and you would believe the carnage.

I wouldn't bring the Chalice in comparison to another scroll if you are only bringing one damsel. 4 dice versus 3 is not going to make much of a difference. Plus if you fail with the item you give the opponent free VP's.

20 man groups of M@A are pointless either buff them up to at least 25 for combat res or put them down for 10 for bait/redirecting.

Get more bowmen if you can or at least buff up the 10 man skirmishing group.

Bam,
Zazzer

Malorian
01-06-2010, 20:00
Drop the lord, non BSB paladin, the men at arms, and the non-skirmishing archers.

Then add more knights :D

Sho'Nuff
02-06-2010, 02:05
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Looking at the chances that my Pegasus Paladin would actually kill a monster has got me reconsidering his place in the army. I might get lucky, but I am more than likely to not kill the monster, be outnumbered by a terror causer and then hit the skies with my horses tail between his legs. I also have been thinking that my lord on Pegasus would be walking across the battlefield fairly early in the game if I faced an army that mastered any form of ranged combat. I believe that I would be best served by dropping the Pegasus Paladin, the questing virtue from my lord and also one Pegasus knight. With the points saved I could put the lord on a Hippogryph, increase the men at arms to 25 each, add 3 archers and a musician to the skirmishers and also give my damsel a second dispel scroll in place of the chalice of malfleur. The revised army list is below.

2250 Bretonnians List

Characters

Bret Lord
Hippogryph
Virtue of Audacity
Sword of Heroes
Gromril Helm
Shield

Paladin
Warhorse
Virtue of duty
BSB
War Banner

Damsel
Warhorse
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Core

8 Knights of the Realm
Gallant
Musician
Standard Bearer

6 Knights Errant
Cavalier
Musician
Standard Bearer
Errantry Banner

8 Knights of the Realm
Gallant
Musician
Standard Bearer

25 Men at Arms
Full Command

25 Men at Arms
Full Command

10 Peasant Bowmen

13 Peasant Bowmen
Skirmishers
Musician
Braziers

Special

3 Pegasus Knights
Gallant
Musician

Rare

6 Grail Knights
Musician
Standard Bearer

Trebuchet

Total Points: 2248

Do let me know if you think these are improvements.

-Sho'Nuff

A Shadow
02-06-2010, 03:04
Looks much better.