PDA

View Full Version : Cold Ones vs Imp Knights

bbg
01-06-2010, 08:20
hi there

im looking for some good equip for my Cold One Knights to cut through my friends Imp Knights as fast as possible

i thought about :

Master
+ - Lance
- HA
- Shield
+ - Cold One
+ - 6 str. 2h
- Cloak of Hag Graef
- - - > 160 P

5 Cold One Knights
- SB
- Champ
+ - AP Sword
+ - ASF Standart
- - - > 207 P

how can i improve that, i realy need to kill him fast this could be a crucial moment in the game

thx

Edit: it will be a 1000p game so i can only spent 50 p on the master

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2010, 08:33
Here's a better unit for the same cost as yours.

6 Cold One Knights, Standard Bearer, Banner of Murder.
207pts

Slashattack
01-06-2010, 10:46
Hey bbg.

For the master consider giving him the blade of ruin as it allows the empire knights no armour save, plus your still wounding him on 3+. Drop the Cloak of Hag Graef as it's not much use as your master is within side a unit. Full Mundane armour should be enough, unless your completely paranoid about him dying, then stick the old pendant of khaleth on him. However that would be considered very cheesy and your opponent would complain probably.

Slash

ROCKY
01-06-2010, 11:33
ummm get the charge on him? emipre knights (non inner circle) are only S3 and they are T3 like u, only difference is they have 1+armor save, so as the other posters say, take armor ignoring items and just make sure you charge them, COK are S6 on the charge i believe, so 3s to hit, 2s to wound, and the that will take his armor down to a 4+.

tmarichards
01-06-2010, 12:44
The Master doesn't really need the Cloak of Hag Graef, not does he need to be in the unit at all really.The Unwanted Being is right there, except that I'd also take a Champion. If you really want to make the unit nasty, drop the master and go with a Hag with a Cauldron of Blood for 200pts.

Following on from Rocky's advice, use a unit of harpies/Dark Riders to re-direct him so
that he has to charge them or just get shot to bits, which will (with a bit of practice) allow your COKs to get the charge, sometimes in the flank.

bbg
01-06-2010, 13:55
thx guys

im gona go with blade of ruin on the master and 6str sword on the champ + I will suport them with DRs

shelfunit.
01-06-2010, 14:53
Remember, your coldones cause fear, if you are facing the usual line-up of about 6 knights with your 5 + master then(on the charge) you should cause at least 1 more casualty than you recieve in return, and then auto-break. Voila!

PeG
01-06-2010, 15:50
Getting the charge is key to victory in this combat (at least in 7th since I dont know I values for the different units). If you charge and outnumber you should win unless terrible rolls. If he charges it is less obvious but he might win unless you have some good gear on your master. On the other hand you will take losses if you get charged and your unit might no longer be efficient even if you win.

Rhaivaen
01-06-2010, 17:44
Ive been playing several battles against these critters (COK) and every time I had to check for fear, I managed to fumble it up with the roll, I have had to come up with ways to become immune to fear for my units not to run away at the mere sight of some crappy cold ones :shifty: so I think having fear causing units is more worth it then their hard killyness :eyebrows:

lopezpie
01-06-2010, 18:09
I have had a lot of expierence witfighting the empire knights and dropping a banner of murder on them and slices em up something fierce. also i love to use dark riders as good bait. putting them up a good distance ahead of the cok and fleeing them back. works fantastic with executioners with asf banner

sulla
01-06-2010, 20:26
If I were the empire player, I would pound the klnights with my handgunners. t3 2+ saves usually don't stand up too well to s4 -2 as in my experience. Once they lose a couple of models, they aren't gonna beat anything important in combat.

decker_cky
02-06-2010, 19:10
Ive been playing several battles against these critters (COK) and every time I had to check for fear, I managed to fumble it up with the roll, I have had to come up with ways to become immune to fear for my units not to run away at the mere sight of some crappy cold ones :shifty: so I think having fear causing units is more worth it then their hard killyness :eyebrows:

The CoK have a slightly better chance of charging unless the knights take the fear on the charge banner or are made ItP (grandmaster, etc..). Fear on Ld8 vs stupid on Ld9.

If the empire knights charge, they should demolish the CoK. If the DE charge, they should demolish the empire knights even more (hatred added to the punchiness, otherwise the matchup has the same to hit, to wound and armour save).

sulla
02-06-2010, 20:16
The CoK have a slightly better chance of charging unless the knights take the fear on the charge banner or are made ItP (grandmaster, etc..). Fear on Ld8 vs stupid on Ld9.

If the empire knights charge, they should demolish the CoK. If the DE charge, they should demolish the empire knights even more (hatred added to the punchiness, otherwise the matchup has the same to hit, to wound and armour save).The only caviat I would add to this is that the empire frequently buff their heavy cav units with numbers/a character, while most DE generals keep their investment in stupid cold ones low; smallish units, no characters, minimal command.

lopezpie
02-06-2010, 21:18
If I were the empire player, I would pound the klnights with my handgunners. t3 2+ saves usually don't stand up too well to s4 -2 as in my experience. Once they lose a couple of models, they aren't gonna beat anything important in combat.

If the handgunners could actually hit anything. If thats the case thats why the cauldron of blood always gives you that little but sometimes life saving 5+ ward save. and giving them a extra attack on the charge with the cauldron is just deadly