PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh chaos character builds

Tyranno1
01-06-2010, 11:02
After seeing the new steeds of slaanesh models I have become inspired to use one for a conversion in my WOC army. But I do not know what an effective build would be for a rider of such a speedy mount. Or what it should be doing.

Is the flail a good option? Or is it worth shelling out on a more expensive magic weapon?

I am aprihensive of useing a mage, as the lore of Slaanesh dosent affect quite a few units/armies.

kramplarv
01-06-2010, 11:12
exalted,MoS, BsB, aetherblade, shield, Steed of Slaanesh = 199pts

I use this one to kill elite units with high armorsave like knights, or small support units as shooters, fliers and fast cav. And the occasional warmachine.

he has +1 CR so in many cases the knight he charges will have only +1 CR because of outnumber. And knights very seldom hav a guy in the back, so when I challenge their champion can't refuse. Most of the time I win by 1. Then next round the whole unit will be annihilated. :) sometimes he just fluffs the attacks and that's a bugger. But since he is a BsB he have a good chance of standing.

When he's not oout hunting knights etc he usually hangs with a unit. knights, marauders, fastcav etc. you name it. :D

ROCKY
01-06-2010, 11:36
the combination that Kramplarv gave u is a very good one, and for lords, take: etherblade, shield, golden eye of tzeentch, and the helm of many eyes. always strike first+5 armor ignoring attacks. slap that with 20 inch movement fast cav AND give him blood curdling roar and hes a knight killer.

EndlessBug
01-06-2010, 12:22
I just use mine standard with shield and flail (to decide based on opponent). Also sometimes the fury of the blood god for MR 2 and 4+ ward.

regen is a consideration too.

the Aerthersword sounds a good idea for some serious knight killing.

I am aprihensive of useing a mage, as the lore of Slaanesh dosent affect quite a few units/armies.

I had the same issues, though I play with a lvl 3 DP and 2 Lvl 2s all Slaanesh (my whole army is). They work REALLY well against none ItP armies (as you might guess). I've not played against Daemons, VC or TK with them yet though.

BigbyWolf
01-06-2010, 17:41
Level 1 Sorcerer, 2 Scrolls, Blood-Curdling Roar, Steed of Slaanesh.
Second.Most.Useful.Caddy.Ever.

ROCKY
02-06-2010, 07:33
Level 1 Sorcerer, 2 Scrolls, Blood-Curdling Roar, Steed of Slaanesh.
Second.Most.Useful.Caddy.Ever.

whose the first lol?

BigbyWolf
02-06-2010, 12:40
Goblin Shaman, Chariot, Scroll, Bauble...Use scroll, charge, die, explode, proceed to giggle like a maniac.

ROCKY
02-06-2010, 13:35
Goblin Shaman, Chariot, Scroll, Bauble...Use scroll, charge, die, explode, proceed to giggle like a maniac.

good god lol. thats horrible LMAO. might need to start a goblin army just for that. loool.

dapredator66
02-06-2010, 22:32
exalted,MoS, BsB, aetherblade, shield, Steed of Slaanesh = 199pts

I use this one to kill elite units with high armorsave like knights, or small support units as shooters, fliers and fast cav. And the occasional warmachine.

he has +1 CR so in many cases the knight he charges will have only +1 CR because of outnumber. And knights very seldom hav a guy in the back, so when I challenge their champion can't refuse. Most of the time I win by 1. Then next round the whole unit will be annihilated. :) sometimes he just fluffs the attacks and that's a bugger. But since he is a BsB he have a good chance of standing.

When he's not oout hunting knights etc he usually hangs with a unit. knights, marauders, fastcav etc. you name it. :D

If I'm not wrong your setup comes at 220pts. I have a similar setup to handle the same stuff:

Exalted, MoS, BsB, Flail, Shield, Armour of Morslieb, Steed of Slaanesh; 209 pts.

When hunting war machine or shooting units he usually hides in a unit and charges out of it. I usually let my GW ogres deal with heavy cavalry, this guy is in backup.

Grimsteel
05-06-2010, 09:21
I usually put an exalted on a steed of slaansh and run him with a unit of screened khorne knights for the first movement phase. By turn two you have almost the entire board as a charge range so nothing will be out of range even if it flees from your charge. Also if you charge a unit of shooters and they stand and shoot, they must shoot the unit the exalted charged out of instead of the exalted himself. I use this to engage dwarf and empire gun lines by the second turn and effectively shut down the artillery. All the exalted needs is a halberd and shield but regen crown is nice on one and Armor of Morrsleib on another.
3 of these exalted heroes can safely engage artillery by the second turn and shut down the shooting so the knights can advance and clean up the mess. You just have to survive the first round of shooting...

theorox
05-06-2010, 10:08
I use this to engage dwarf and empire gun lines by the second turn and effectively shut down the artillery.

Say what? Do you play against gunlines? Slap the opponent in the face next time from me then lol. :D

Theo :chrome:

LordoftheBrassThrone
18-06-2010, 03:58
Exalted- flail, BSB, War Banner, MoS, steed. 199pts.

I use him for killing small elite units (he challenges the champion, slaughters him getting overkill, then a further +2 CR for BS and War Banner) then opposition get outnumbering, standard, and maybe a rank or two. opponent loses combat and maybe flees.

Or pick on cannon crews, even if he stuffs his attacks, as he sometimes will, he'll win due to CR anyway

theSkullduggery1
18-06-2010, 04:38
Also if you charge a unit of shooters and they stand and shoot, they must shoot the unit the exalted charged out of instead of the exalted himself.

I didn't know this rule, and I'm having a hard time understanding why. I'd think that the gun line would want to shoot the guy that is coming at them and not really worry about where he came from.

Most of the time I play against VC or Lizardmen so I'm not use to gun lines (just poisoned blow darts), but I'll have to remember this build/rule for once I start playing a wider range of armies.