PDA

View Full Version : A close combat reform?

Helvegr
01-06-2010, 22:20
If a unit (A) is in close combat say with a unit on its front (B), and a unit to its flank (C). Unit (A) destroys unit (B), and wins the combat resolution, although unit (C) does not flee.

Does unit (A) have any means by which to reform to bring its front line (and thus champion) into combat with unit (C)? Thereby also negating that units flank bonus?

I had this conversion with a GW employee and I was lead to believe that as long as the unit won the combat, it had that reform opportunity, otherwise they would be stuck with a unit on their flank.

I can find no mention of such a rule, so I'm wondering if I misunderstood, or perhaps they were just plain wrong.

Thanks!

rtunian
01-06-2010, 23:17
the free manouevers described on page 46 are only available if you...
a) win combat
b) are engaged on only one side

they allow the winner of combat to either turn to face the enemy (90' turn manouever, not a 90' pivoting of the unit) or bring up to 5 models to the front (only if it would increase base to base contact). you may only perform 1 of the free manouevers after a victorious round of combat, so if you want to do both turn and expand frontage, you have to win 2 rounds.

Zaustus
01-06-2010, 23:19
Check on p.46, under "Free Manoeuvres."

In the scenario you describe, unit (A) may execute a Turn maneuver as described on p.13.

Helvegr
01-06-2010, 23:20
thanks for much for pointing out the page number!