PDA

View Full Version : Overrun Rule check

Helvegr
01-06-2010, 22:36
Situation came up in a game today that I thought I was sure of, but it was challenged, so I thought I'd check here.

During an overrun a unit end up declaring a new charge against a unit, which accepts it. I know that since that unit wasn't already in combat, the results of that combat are done in the next close combat round, (this is in the book).

However, on the opponents next turn, they charged additional units into the overrunning unit. So when it came to the close combat phase, the following question came up.

1. Does the overrunning unit get its charge attack from the overrun AND a close combat attack against the flank unit (I think not).

2. Assuming they only get the 1 attack, are they able to allocate their attacks to the flank unit, or do they have to allocate them to the unit they charged during the overrun?

Thanks!

Malorian
01-06-2010, 22:51
1. Like normal you only attack once. Decided with each engaged model what you are going to attack.

2. If they are touching the flanking unit then they can attack the flanking unit. So unless you charged in a congo-line then at least some attacks would have to go against the unit you overran into.

Note that these attacks are done in initiative order between the chargers. So for example if you had a higher init then you would attack, then the flankers, and then the original unit you overran into (assuming no ASF/ASL silliness).

Helvegr
01-06-2010, 23:16
the charging unit would still get to attack first though, even if it doesn't allocate all of its attacks to the unit its charging? Or do you mean that in this overrun situation the unit would lose its charge bonuses?

narrativium
01-06-2010, 23:19
The unit which charged that turn and the unit which overran in the previous turn are both charging units and get the bonuses involved. As Malorian says, resolving the charging units' attacks in Initiative order and then go onto non-charging units.

Helvegr
01-06-2010, 23:23
I understand now. Thanks much!