PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Choas-4k first attempt

Thortek
02-06-2010, 02:14
My friend and I are playing a 4k game, one of the first i have played and decided to make it a big one. I am looking for advice on the list below, please feel free to make suggestions!

Here it is....

Chaos Lord
MoK
Juggernaut
Armor of Damnation
Crown of Everlasting Conquest
Favor of the Gods
Soporific Mask

Sorcerer Lord
MoT
Disc
Armor of Morslieb
Spell Familiar
Golden Eye
Book of Secrets
Roar

Sorcerer Lord
MoT
Disc
Blood of TZ
Talisman of Protection
Rod of Tournemtn

Sorcerer
Staff Of Sorcery
MoT
Disc

Sorcerer
MoT
Disc
Black Tongue

Sorcerer
MoT
Disc
Dispell scroll x2

Sorcerer
MoT
Disc
Skull of Katam
Exalted Hero
Shield
BSB
Banner of the gods

Chaos Knights x5 260

Chaos Knights x5 260

Warriors x15
Music
SB
Shields
Rapurtous Standard

Warriors x15
Music
SB
Shields

Warriors x15
Music
SB
Shields

Warriors x15
Music
SB
Shields

Chaos Marauders 15
Flails
Music
SB

A Shadow
02-06-2010, 09:24
You have WAY too many points spent one characters. Seriously, drop some ugprades and take some more units. Also beef up the Chaos Knight units. Characters are all well and good, but in 4000 games you are going to be heavily outnumbered with this list.

mo-man
02-06-2010, 11:14
If your gonna take black tongue were is the infernal puppet? I'd drop one of the sorcerer lords and take another unit of 15 or even 20 warriors. Like A shadow said above you have hardly any troops I played someone's skaven with my warriors of khorne army last week and he had more core units that you i think he had around 100 in 2250.

ROCKY
02-06-2010, 12:33
thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo many characters. i normally spend 1800- on characters in 4000pts games, take trolls, marauder blocks, warriors, chosen, 2big blocks of knights, dragon ogres, and a chariot/warshrine.

Thortek
02-06-2010, 13:01
Thank you all, I will rework this when I get to work.

galahad67
02-06-2010, 13:07
warshrines - as in plural - they are easy to make.

blocks of 18 warriors (if you have them) (3*6)

put in some marauders, Marauder horsemen and warhounds (if you have them)

goodz
02-06-2010, 19:15
IMO Find the points in your Carachters for:

Change 1 unit of 16 marauders too:
2 units of 20-25 maruaders with shields and command and light armour and MoS (about 300 points)

Add:
5 hounds x 4 (120)

5 horseman MoS/flails x 2 (150)

Change warriors:
Remove 1 unit of warriors, change the remaining units to 18 and add halberds. (evenish for points i think)

Knights:
Remove full command, maybe give 1 the banner of rage now that you have some screens.

I would remove the MoT from all your level 2's maybe make them MoN. Leave it on your level 4 if you want them to fear the big spell. With black tongue you definitally want the infernal puppet, but you really need to lose some points in your carachters to have a balanced army :D

If you do not have much more models wise because you are new i would suggest lowering the point value, or hopefully your friend is going to have to run a ton of points in characters to make it to 4000 points also:P

Thortek
02-06-2010, 20:05
I don't have a ton of Models but I am more willing to go ahead and purchase the few that ill need to finish this up. Ill end up revising when I get home or later in my work day as today has just been crazy. Thanks everyone for all their input and keep it coming!

GWItheUltimate
02-06-2010, 20:07
Chaos Lord
MoK
Juggernaut
Armor of Damnation
Crown of Everlasting Conquest
Favor of the Gods
Soporific Mask

Sorcerer Lord
MoT
Disc
Armor of Morslieb
Spell Familiar
Golden Eye
Book of Secrets
Roar

Sorcerer Lord
MoT
Disc
Blood of TZ
Talisman of Protection
Rod of Tournemtn

Nothing personal but I dislike your Lords build.

Chaos Lord: Too much protection, not enough killing power... Drop the Crown (of the armor) for the Axe of Khorne... 6 Killing blows Str 6 WS 8 attacks is rape my friend ! Plus 0+ armor save and regen is enough !

Sorcerer Lords:

The first one has a duplicate ward saves, which is a waste of points. Give him the Armor of Morsliebb OR the Golden Eye of tzeentch cause most of the time it's going to do te same thing ! Give the other item to the other Sorcerer Lord.

By the way, as other have said, toooooo many points in character. In 4k games I play usually 2 Lords + 4 Heroes (even though you can play like 3 / 6) because it gives you enough killing power plus it free a lot of points to put in special units, which will win you games compared to a Level 4 sorcerer that won't do sh*** 1 turn out of 2...

Thortek
02-06-2010, 22:22
As I am new to the whole Fantasy thing, And I see suggestions for MoN instead of MoT, can someone please explain why this is? I was planning on usuing the wizzies on discs to zoom around and Flickering fire everything I.E War Machines, FLiers ECT.... And if I were to take a MoN Wizzy would I put him on a horse or foot?

mo-man
02-06-2010, 22:25
it's basically due to the effects that mark of nurgle has namely -1 to shooting at him and -1ws in combat and as he is faily high ws it means most things are hitting him on 4's or even 5's

Thortek
03-06-2010, 00:18
Ah I see, that is what i figured, Thanks!

Thortek
03-06-2010, 00:34
UPDATED!!

Here is the revised list

Chaos Lord
Juggernaut
Axe of Khorne
Crown of Everlasting
Favor of the Gods
Soporific Mask
MoK

Sorcerer Lord
MoT
Armor of Morrslieb
Disc
Spell Familiar
Book
Roar

Sorc
lvl 2
Mot
Disc
Black tounge

Sorc
MoT
lvl2 Disc
Dispel Scroll x2

Sorc
lvl2
MoT
Disc
Puppet

Exalted Hero
MoK
SHield
BSB
Banner of the Gods

Chaos Knights x5

Chaos Knights x5

Chaos Knights x5
Banner of Rage

Chaos Warriors x18
SB
Music
Rapturous Standard

Chaos Warriors x18
SB
Music

Chaos Warriors x18
SB
Music

Marauders x20
Music
SB
Light Armor
Shield
Slaanesh

Marauders x20
Music
SB
Light Armor
Shield
Slaanesh

Warhounds x5 30

Warhounds x5 30

Warhounds x5 30

Warhounds x5 30

Horsemen x5
Flails

Horsemen x5
Flails

That is what I came up with so far, still debating on the MoN.

A Shadow
03-06-2010, 06:25
That is looking much more solid. Still expensive characters, but more reasonable. Of course, if you lose a couple of Sorcerors you are looking at a big hole to fill.

Thortek
03-06-2010, 11:59
What would you put in instead of Sorcerers? the lvl 2s?

mo-man
03-06-2010, 12:34
take some chosen those are amazing, then pput ur bsb with banner of the gods with them

Thortek
03-06-2010, 13:53
I shall look into it, the other suggestion some one at my local store had was trolls or Ogres. and ideas on those?

mo-man
03-06-2010, 14:01
if your gonna take trolls you need throgg just for the fact that they become core then and you can use his leadership for most things. I wouldn't bother with ogre's though altough dragon ogre's and dragon ogre shaggoths are quite nasty

djkest
03-06-2010, 16:19
Tz Sorceror lord with enchanted shield on a disc is a fun unit that never seems to die.

Chaos knights should be at least 6 strong with a musician in this size of a game. I like FC with my marauders and chaos warriors.

You could also go for 2 (cheaper) sorc lords and demote your chaos lord to an exalted. Lots of choices here. I guess the real problem is that at 4,000 points you are going to have at least 1 thing if not 5 that are big and nasty facing you, so having a "big nasty killer" is almost essential.

I wonder if Valkia would be viable to replace your K. lord, I think she is just a few more points and I think is STR 7 or 8 on the charge... and she flies.

mo-man
03-06-2010, 16:49
valkia is str 7 on the charge with killing blow has no ward save and only a 2+ armour save were aa the lord on jugger always has killing blow is always str 6 and has a 0+ save, they both cause fear which isn't good for valkia

Eta
03-06-2010, 17:20
valkia is str 7 on the charge with killing blow has no ward save and only a 2+ armour save were aa the lord on jugger always has killing blow is always str 6 and has a 0+ save, they both cause fear which isn't good for valkia

Still, Valkia is tougher than the Khorne lord. She is harder to wound and will receive less attacks.

Nevertheless, I'd only consider to use her in an army with at least one warshrine to benefit from her special rules.

Greetings
Eta

Thortek
03-06-2010, 17:37
Not entirly sure what to take out to add in 2 more knights...I could totally drop mt scroll caddy and add2 knights to the mix and make em musicians. I will review tonite and repost a list. Again thank you everyone!

Jericho
03-06-2010, 17:55
Sorry I didn't get here sooner, I would have said get some Trolls :) You don't need to worry about them being core or not in 4k really. They are pretty fun to take, especially in big units because Mutant Regeneration can get you a lot of rolls on the Eye of the Gods chart if the opponent starts to target them heavily. Without a babysitter, either the general/Throgg nearby, they will be horribly stupid however. Throgg himself is nice, and he can accompany a unit of Warriors/Chosen next to the Trolls to share the love and give quite a bit of punch to the Warriors. Note that Throgg himself is not stupid so there's nothing holding you back from putting him in other infantry units.

Oh, and with new plastic Troll models coming out for Orcs, they are super easy to convert to Chaos. A couple bitz/shoulder pads and you're done :) See my Another 6 Weeks of Chaos link in my sig for pics!

Thortek
03-06-2010, 18:34
I really want to do the troll, I might just put em in and drop sum wizzies for them and trogg

GWItheUltimate
03-06-2010, 19:16
Much better army list.

But I'd like to see more Full Command on Chaos Warrios and Chaos Marauders. Also, use the Banner+Musician on Chaos Knights.. the Banner absolutly worth it ! (not the Champion though).

You could also put some Mark on your regiments. MoS being the cheapest and the best IMO

Thortek
03-06-2010, 19:59
I shall see what I can shave for points, I would like a unit of 6 trolls and Trogg also...so points are going to be tough, I think the Trolls will really help against Dwaves and Empire and will draw ALOT of fire.

GWItheUltimate
03-06-2010, 20:23
You can drop the Banner of the Gods... It's a good banner for small armies but in such big wide games, the effect will be much less significant. I'd save the 125 pts for sure !

Thortek
03-06-2010, 20:31
Good idea will drop the whole guy.

Thortek
04-06-2010, 03:04
4000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster - Tzeench 4k....cheesy as all hell

Chaos Lord (2#, 405 pts)
1 Chaos Lord of Khorne @ 405 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
1 Juggernaut of Khorne (Causes Fear; Magic Resistance (1))
1 Axe of Khorne
1 Crown of Everlasting Conquest
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Soporific Musk

Sorcerer Lord (3#, 405 pts)
1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 405 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
1 Armour of Morrslieb
1 Spell Familiar
1 Book of Secrets
1 Book of Secrets Spells
1 Bloodcurdling Roar

Sorcerer (2#, 210 pts)
1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 210 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 The Black Tongue

Sorcerer (2#, 195 pts)
1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 195 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 Infernal Puppet

Chaos Knights (5#, 230 pts)
5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 230 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Knights (5#, 230 pts)
5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 230 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Knights (5#, 285 pts)
5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 285 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
1 Banner of Rage
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Warriors (18#, 326 pts)
(Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Rapturous Standard

Chaos Warriors (18#, 324 pts)
(Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)

Chaos Warriors (18#, 324 pts)
18 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]~[(#]Chaos Warriors @ 324 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)

Chaos Marauders (20#, 142 pts)
20 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 142 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Chaos Marauders (20#, 142 pts)
20 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 142 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 75 pts)
5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75 pts (Hand Weapon; Flail; Fast Cavalry)
5 Warhorse

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 85 pts)
5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 85 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Flail; Fast Cavalry)
5 Warhorse

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 pts)
5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 pts

Throgg
1 The Troll King Throgg (Causes Fear; Regenerate)
7 Trolls @ 315 pts (Causes Fear; Regenerate; Stupid)

Total Roster Cost: 3988

That is the revised list, first time copying for army builder...C&C still welcome and needed!

Don Zeko
04-06-2010, 08:47
Dude, it's a 4K game, so have some fun with it. Give the lord on a jugger an enchanted shield and a Daemonsword

mo-man
04-06-2010, 09:44
it's up to you but i wouldn't bother giving your chaos lord the regen save the build i usually take on my lord and its worked out fairly well for me in the past is either hellfire sword for d3+1 wounds instead of 1, flamin attacks and helm of many eyes so he is always striking first. Or and a more fun build for my lord is axe of khorne, killing blow and +1 str, talisman of protection for 6+ward save and crimson armour of dargan so he is immune to killing blow and multiple wounds.. so he causes fear has killing blow is immune to killing blow has a 0+save and a 6+ward save.

Thortek
04-06-2010, 13:28
Mo-Man, I may just look into that, Short of my Lord build how is everything else looking? Turns out there is a possible 4k Tourney, in the next few weeks...so I am hopin this list is made of WIN, and ill be play testing this weekend with it.

GWItheUltimate
05-06-2010, 05:08
Bro, that's perfect.

mo-man
05-06-2010, 11:16
yeah that.s a good list with lots of hardhitting stuff and the fact that your army has a lot of anti-magic and fairly good rmour saves aswell. just out of curiosity why don't you just take a demon prince? instead of your sorcerrer lord?

Godgolden
05-06-2010, 11:45
demon princes are the worst unit in the game

Thortek
05-06-2010, 12:49
Princes, are glass cannons....good if you can hide them/ get behind thier lines to terror them...other than that they die.

mo-man
05-06-2010, 14:24
tbh with you i've only had mine die once and that was against a keeper of secrets, i love them with the right build you can more or less nullify certain parts of the enemy army.

Thortek
06-06-2010, 03:49
Played a 4 man game today each of us had 4k i got teamed up with dorfs against O&G and Empire...we won hands down...troll didnt get to do much though :-( Thanks for the help everyone...there ar ea few changes I am considering like the M. Horsemen...I can seem to use the right..