PDA

View Full Version : Trebuchet or Bowmen?

TheSaxon
03-06-2010, 01:40
I'm debating whether a trebuchet would be better in a 1k list than 90ish points of peasant bowmen. thoughts?

lopezpie
03-06-2010, 02:23
i personally love the bowmen for the fact that they dont misfire. lol i have the worst luck with warmachines. though trebuchets are fantastic for high toughness models but i dont think you will be seeing to many in 1k games.so my vote is for the bowmen

ColShaw
03-06-2010, 14:24
I think every Bretonnian army should have at least 1 unit of Bowmen. If you've already got archers, then maybe go with the Trebuchet, but otherwise, arrows all the way.

Malorian
03-06-2010, 14:26
In eigth... treb all the way.

Adman
03-06-2010, 14:36
Yeah I think trebuchets in 8th. Although me personally I prefer archers.

Nkari
03-06-2010, 16:16
If you dont allready include the brazier for the archers then your playing them wrong, flaming arrows is the way to go, especially in 8th's if the rumor is true that ppl with flaming attacks gets fear vs regeneration units.. allso regeneration will be more common, thus flaming is yet another notch better, you can move and fire etc..

Trebs have their uses tho.. so I would say 30 bowmen 10 wide in one unit for 25 flaming shots, with full command, and 1-2 trebs would give you a nice start.. =)

in 1k pts.. id take archers tho.. flaming archers that is.. =)

TheSaxon
04-06-2010, 04:11
well, i'm a bit conflicted, because i have 90ish points free, which means that if i go archers with a villein and brazier i can take 13. Is that enough to be effective?

bluemage
04-06-2010, 04:24
Either will work, but they'll be serving different purposes. For now, try switching between them for games and see which one you prefer.

The treb is for taking our big monsters, killing heavly armored things ex. cav, or decimating units. Bowmen are for killing things with regen, trying to kill one or two models in order to knock a rank bonus off a unit, or killing wizards running around on their own. Or forcing players to keep their wizards safe inside of a unit. The archers can also claim a table quarter.

In larger games you're gonna want to have both.

Artinam
04-06-2010, 09:03
My advice, don't take the Villein, your better of getting another bowman. One extra shot is in my opinion better then one shot that hit slightly better.

Bladelord
04-06-2010, 09:29
If you dont allready include the brazier for the archers then your playing them wrong, flaming arrows is the way to go, especially in 8th's if the rumor is true that ppl with flaming attacks gets fear vs regeneration units.. allso regeneration will be more common, thus flaming is yet another notch better, you can move and fire etc..

My Dragon Princes will love all the reg spam/hate:D

Kuja
04-06-2010, 09:57
In a 1000 pts. game, and without grial knights, I'd always take a trebuchet over 13-15 bowmen.