PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Empire questions

Jormi_Boced
03-06-2010, 17:05
Do marksman get +1 for shooting at a large target when they are picking off a character.

Can pistols stand and shoot when being overrun into?

theunwantedbeing
03-06-2010, 20:23
No and No.

Jormi_Boced
03-06-2010, 21:27
Thanks for the answers.

TheDarkDaff
04-06-2010, 00:19
You can't "pick off" a character from a large target. You shoot at the entire thing with the +1 to hit then randomise the hits. If you have a weapon that can igmore this (like a hochland long rifle) and you opt to specifically target the Character then you are no longer shooting at a large tatget so don't get the +1 to hit bonus.

You can never stand and shoot against units that overrun or persue a fleeing enemy but you still get to make a charge declaration which you work out before moving the pursueing enemy.

Scalebug
04-06-2010, 23:29
You get the +1 for large targets, as "all other modifiers apply" (sic) when using the longrifle, it just ignores the normal -1 for shooting at a man-sized target.

So, +/- 0 for shooting a Dragon-rider.

TheDarkDaff
04-06-2010, 23:46
I'm intrigued why peple think you get the Large Target modifier when you are not shooting at a large target. The way i see it you have 3 options for shooting in these cases.

1 - Shoot at Large Target Model ie both Rider and Mount
2 - Shoot at Large Target Mount ie just the mount
3 - Shoot at non-large target Rider ie just the rider

While the entire model and the mount are large targets, the man riding on top is not one so if you can pick him out to target you are not shooting at a large target. To be considered to be shooting at a large target you have to have at least some chance of hitting the mount (which is the actual large target).

Agoz
07-06-2010, 13:13
If it's riding a large target, it is a large target as well.

theorox
08-06-2010, 13:48
If it's riding a large target, it is a large target as well.

I would'nt say that, it is totally obvious to me that you get a +1 modifier for shooting at a large target. If you are told that you may pick out either mount or rider, it depends.

1a. You elect to shoot at the model as a whole, following the normal +1 for shooting a large target. When you have rolled to hit you randomize whether you hit the rider or the mount.

1b. You elect to shoot at the mount, wich has a separate profile and is a large target. You get the appropriate +1 to hit.

1c. You elect to shoot at the rider, giving you NO +1 to hit modifier, but possibly a -1 to hit modifier for shooting at a man-sized model on it's own.(I dont know about that part)

To sum it up, if you can single out a character who is not a large target in himself, you do NOT get the 1+ to hit modifier as he is NOT a large target. You are not shooting at the Mounstrous mount/character as a whole, neither at a large target, but rather at a man-sized unit.

:angel:

Theo

Milgram
08-06-2010, 14:04
same discussion as with shooting at a character on a nurgle chariot or a nurgle chariot on a dragon....