PDA

View Full Version : Bring me the cheese! last 7th ed. tourny Daemons!!!

Bladelord
04-06-2010, 11:23
Hello dear followers of war!

I'm going to my last 7th edition tourney in July and for once I'll go Daemons with as much cheese as possible, so here's the question: could you please help me make the cheesiest list Warhammer have ever seen!

I'm not able to field any Nurgle/Slaanesh but hey, ain't the cheese in Khorne (flesh hounds & Bloodthrister) & Tzeentch (everything?:p)

The tourny will be at 2250pts & no special chars are allowed, so here's the challenge I give you (ok it's not a challange making a cheesy list with Daemons:rolleyes:), help me make a lsit full of burning fromage!:evilgrin:

1) I've been thinking on Bloodthirster, Khorne BSB mounted on a Jugger, 3x10 horrors, 3x6 fleshhounds & 2x6 flamers with pyros.

2) Or Lord of Change folllowed by an army:).

:cheese: :cheese:

Heimagoblin
04-06-2010, 11:27
A blood thirster, khorne bsb on juggernaught, 2 flying tzeench heralds which know the whole law, 3 units of 10 horrors, 2 units of 5 flamers and as many fleshhounds as you can fit in.

Bladelord
04-06-2010, 11:58
Do you mean something like this? maybe I should drop 1 fleshhound & soul hunger for +D3 CR standard?

Lords & Heroes:
Bloodthirster of Khorne, Obsidian Armour, Firestorm Blade, Immortal Fury.
550pts.
Herald of Khorne, BSB, Juggernaut, Soul Hunger, Armour of Khorne.
215pts.
Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror.
160pts.
160pts.
Total: 1085pts.

Core Units:
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
Total: 360pts.

Special Units:
6 Fleshhounds of Khorne.
210pts.
6 Fleshhounds of Khorne.
210pts.
Total: 420pts.

Rare Units:
5 Flamers of Tzeentch, Pyrocaster.
190pts.
5 Flamers of Tzeentch, Pyrocaster.
190pts.
Total: 380pts.

Total: 2245pts.

Heimagoblin
04-06-2010, 12:10
Do you mean something like this? maybe I should drop 1 fleshhound & soul hunger for +D3 CR standard?

Lords & Heroes:
Bloodthirster of Khorne,armour of khorne, Firestorm Blade, Immortal Fury.
550pts.
Herald of Khorne, BSB, Juggernaut, Armour of Khorne.
215pts.
Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, .
160pts.
160pts.
Total: 1085pts.

Core Units:
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
Total: 360pts.

Special Units:
5 Fleshhounds of Khorne.
5 Fleshhounds of Khorne.
5 fleshhounds of khorne
Total: 420pts.

Rare Units:
5 Flamers of Tzeentch, .
190pts.
5 Flamers of Tzeentch, .
190pts.
Total: 380pts.

Total: 2245pts.

Dropped a bit of stuff for a 3rd unit of fleshhounds

Bladelord
04-06-2010, 12:34
Heh, ye another felshhounds unit sounds better than the upgrades. What about a flying circus?

Lords & Heroes:
Lord of Change, lvl.4 Wizard, Twin Heads, Flames of Tzeentch.
635pts.
Herald of Tzeentch, Flames of Tzeentch, Winged Horror.
160pts.
160pts.
160pts.
Total: 1110pts.

Core Units:
11 Horrors of Tzeentch.
132pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
10 Horrors of Tzeentch.
120pts.
Total: 372pts.

Special Units:
5 Fleshhounds of Khorne (175).
175pts.
4 Screamers of Tzeentch (120).
120pts.
4 Screamers of Tzeentch (120).
120pts.
Total: 415pts.

Rare Units:
5 Flamers of Tzeentch.
175pts.
5 Flamers of Tzeentch.
175pts.
Total: 350pts.

Total: 2247pts.

Maybe?

TheSanityAssassin
05-06-2010, 06:24
The first list is fairly recognized as THE cheese daemon list as far as I know. I've played it before and was just brutalized.

I've seen flying circus work, but it's much more situational.....against certain things with very good magic defense they can survive long enough to get your weak units in combat....

Bladelord
05-06-2010, 15:00
Okay, I'll probably go for the 1st list. I've never really played a cheesy list & I've necver played Daemons, so I thought ''hey, why nto bring the cheesiest list the cheesiest army can bring to this last tourny in the 7ed just to try it out!''

Any other list that might bejust as good as THE cheese list?

Nekrodamus
05-06-2010, 15:33
That are in no way cheese but normal tourney lists however to much rock paper scissors style. How do you want to handle f.e.

- Star Dragon, 2 Caddies, 4 RBT, Dragon Princes and some Bows with all those flaming attacks?

- Anvil, 8 BT, 2 Organs and all those x-bows with nothing fast to hunt them?

Falkman
05-06-2010, 15:40
I'm just happy I don't play "normal" tournaments in Germany then.

OP: You should take a magic banner on the BSB, you got access to several of the best banners in the game, use them!
I'd recommend either Great icon of despair (goes well together with BT), Great standard of Sundering (neuters enemy magic) or the Hellfire banner (for some good old blasting).

immortal git
05-06-2010, 17:10
dont they check the lists before hand? wont they look at it and think uhhhh no, or is it not that big of a tournament?

Nekrodamus
07-06-2010, 10:26
I'm just happy I don't play "normal" tournaments in Germany then.

'Normal' not in the sense of 'usual' but 'following the rules'. In Germany the wimps dominate the WHFB scene too and there are just a very few tourneys for hardcore gaming.

What I wanted to say was: If the Daemons won't be castrated, the same will (should) be true for all other armies and you shouldn't expect the opponents to bring a knife to a fire fight. In a 'competitative' surrounding DoC are in no way over the top but rather a real challenge to play victoriously, mainly because the high points hinder their flexibility.

thesheriff
07-06-2010, 21:39
What about fateweaver with 3 flying heralds, 3 units of horrors and as many flesh ounds as you can get - literally!

papabearshane
07-06-2010, 22:45
DoC are in no way over the top but rather a real challenge to play victoriously, mainly because the high points hinder their flexibility.

Im sorry I just could not help myself. I was laughing so hard i was crying after reading this...................Go Cheese.........................Ill take you on with my O&Gs and pull a Draw and be happy.........................Na I love Kicking Cheese lists around, more fun then a Midget in a Apple Tree......

Nekrodamus mind if i sig this????????????????????????????