PDA

View Full Version : The Butchers of Har Ganeth 3k

Knifeparty
04-06-2010, 13:59
With 8th edition rumours around, I thought that this kind of list might actually be viable. I already have 4000 points of DE so im looking to Extend it, and I've always wanted to make a Cult of Khaine list, 8th is my time to do it.

This is mostly for fun, Im not looking for tournament level of competitivness, but just enough to win a few friendly games here and there.

I'm struggling with the optimal build for my Master on the Manticore, I kind of wanted Death Piercer, Armour of Darkness, but I want the Ring of Hotek in there too.

Lords:

Crone Hellebron: General
*She makes Witch Elves Core

High Sorceress: (a.k.a. The Grand Carnifex, who is in fact a male caster...read the Malus Darkblade series)
Options: Level 4
Magic Items: Daggar of Hotek, Sacraficial Daggar, Pendant of Khaleth

Heros:

Hag Queen:
Options: Battle Standard Bearer
Gifts of Khaine: Dance of Doom
Magical Banner: Banner of Hag Graef

Hag Queen:
Options: Cauldron of Blood

Master:
Options: Lance
Mount: Manticore
Magic Items: Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek

Core:

Assassin:
Options: Extra Hand Weapon
Gifts of Khaine: Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Black Lotus

Assassin:
Gifts of Khaine: Cloak of Twilight, Manbane, Rune of Khaine

21 Witch Elves:
Options: Full Command
Hag: Manbane

20 Witch Elves: ( Lvl 4 Sorceress goes in this unit)
Banner: Banner of Murder

Special:

19 Executioners: (Hellebron, and Hag BSB go in this unit)
Options: Tullaris, Full Command
Banner: War Banner

Rare:

War Hydra

War Hydra

Slashattack
04-06-2010, 20:11
It's a good theme to follow, and I like the list especially the Grand Carnifex from Malus Darkblade. My only criticism is that you have too many points being taken up in characters, and not enough in men. Plus it could do with a few redirectors to help getting those awesome infantry blocks into combat with the right targets. Harpies would fulfil the role perfectly as if I remember correctly they come from Har Ganeth or are related to Khaine in someway.

Also the level 4 cannot join any of those units due to them having the khainite rule, maybe a block of spearmen could be used for him.

LaurentleBete
04-06-2010, 20:19
I've not got my Dark Elf book to hand but I'm sure assassins don't count as core, so you'll need to fit in a few more core choices.

The Executioner's unit is gonna be a massive fire magnet. And t3 low armour does not a good fire magnet make.

The Sorceress cannot join a khainite unit. She'll have to run alone or you'll need some spearmen or something. If you're giving her the Dagger then spearmen are effectively cheap powerdice. You'll also have to be very careful with the RoH around. Remember, it affects your mages too.

I think you have too few units too, you'll be outnumbered by everyone at 3k with only 3 infantry blocks. All of which are subject to frenzy so can be manipulated easily. You need some dross/ redirectors to counter this.

Knifeparty
04-06-2010, 21:55
Damn it lol, I totally forgot about the sect enmity thing.

Man, I'm so bummed now.

As for Assassins they actually are a Core choice but don't count towards Core choices, which might not matter in about 1 month when the new 8th edition comes out.

Yea I know all about the ring and and all that, I'm pretty good at keeping them apart from each other.

I agree about the more units thing, I was just thinking about adding Harpies today at work.

The problem is adding more units, Characters are really needed to make this list work, now im not sure what to do, i'll try and figure something out.

Knifeparty
04-06-2010, 22:45
I've revamped the List and unfortunately there will be no Grand-Carnifex *sigh.

Remember 8th edition rumours are that Frenzy can be avoided with a Leadership check, which will help this army out greatly.

Lord:

Crone Hellebron: General

Heros:

Hag Queen:
Options: Battle Standard Bearer
Gifts of Khaine: Dance of Doom
Magical Banner: Banner of Hag Graef

Hag Queen:
Options: Cauldron of Blood

Master:
Options: Halberd
Mount: Manticore
Magic Items: Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek

Core:

Assassin:

Assassin:

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

18 Witch Elves:

18 Witch Elves:

Special:

17 Executioners: (Hellebron goes in this unit)
Banner: War Banner

17 Executioners: (Hag BSB goes in this unit)
Options: Tullaris, Full Command

Rare:

War Hydra

War Hydra