PDA

View Full Version : 2k of Armoured Bretonnian Might (8th ed friendly)

lord opium
04-06-2010, 18:22
Well I've been pondering a Bretonnian army for a while now, so here goes...

Lord, Barded Warhorse, Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel, The Grail Shield, Mantle of Damsel Elena, Lance; 255

Goes with the grail knights, good in challenges (obv) and should protect my bsb

Paladin, Battle standard, Barded warhorse, Grail vow, Banner of the Lady; 195

Goes with the grail knights

Damsel, Warhorse, Staff of Sorcery; 130

Damsel, Warhorse, 2x Dispel Scrolls; 130

Pure magic defence, not sure on which lores to take perhaps life?

12 knights Errant w/ Full command, Errant banner - 281

I think these guys are great for their points

11 knights of the Realm w/ Full command -288

11 knights of the Realm w/ Full command -288

Nothing fancy, also damsels go here

10 grail knights w/ Full command, Banner of Chalons - 420

Big points sink I know esp with lord and bsb going as well

Few points left, barding on the Damsels perhaps?

Comments and critisims most welcome!

Cheers

Lord Opium

dragonet111
04-06-2010, 20:09
Hi.

Maybe a magic weapons for the Lord, if you want him in challenge give him something to deal with Dwarf lords or Chaos lords. I like the sword of Carcassone and the Armour of Agilulf Str 5 is not uber powerful but still good and the CC10 is a good protection and allow you to hit on 3+ almost anything.

For my regiments I stick to 9 knights at most usually it's enough (I play against a shooty dwarf army or a High Elf army).

I also think a single damsel is enough, I put her in a big unit of archer because I like to have some arrows just in case. They stand near my trebuchet (I once destroyed almost entirely a unit of ironbreaker with a single rock:D).

10 grail knights well personally I think it's too much. 5 is IMO enough especially if you put 2 heroes in the unit and it save you the point to field some Pegasus knight who are the perfect warmachine hunters.

I hope it help a little.
Pour le Roy, la Bretonnie et la Dame.

lord opium
04-06-2010, 20:49
He has magical attacks from his grail vow and a lance is pretty good anyway I think. The main thing is I have no room in my points allowance for a magic weapon.

More ranks and more attacks from 12 knights though.

Probably at smaller points but I worry about magic heavy armies in my area.

Again more attacks, I may think about the pegasus knights though.

Cheers

dragonet111
04-06-2010, 21:41
The thing is the lance is worth for a single turn and against let's say dwarf sometimes it's useful to have a mighty sword:D

For the 12 knights it's probably because I always try to charge with 2 units on the same unit so 9 is enough (ok in my case it's more 18:evilgrin:).

Anyway Bretonnian are awesome (I know I'm a big big fanboy). I once challenge a dwarf lord with a gallant and thanks to the Lady's protection I win with one wound inflicted:D.

For the Damsels I agree but I take the risk, keep faith in the Lady:D.

lord opium
05-06-2010, 00:12
Ok I see what your saying, how about...

Lord, Barded Warhorse, Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel, the Grail Shield, Mantle of Damsel Elena, Lance; 255

Paladin, Battle standard, barded warhorse, Grail vow, Banner of the Lady; 195

Damsel, Warhorse, Staff of Sorcery; 130

Damsel, Dispel Scroll, Prayer Icon; 120

9 knights Errant w/ Full command, Errant banner; 221

8 knights of the Realm w/ Full command; 216

20 bowmen, brazier, musician; 130

10 bowmen, brazier, musician, skirmishers; 80

3 Pegasus knights; 165

7 grail knights w/ Full command, Banner of Chalons; 306

Trebuchet; 90

Trebuchet; 90

dragonet111
05-06-2010, 07:52
That's looks like the kind of list I play and until now I did good against my two main opponents (High Elf and Dwarf).
The 10 skirmishers, I don't think you need them. Give virtue of duty to your Paladin it's really useful (No ranks for the enemy, without any wounds inflicted you have, 2 ranks, 2 banner, the virtue)

With the 8ed rumors concerning magic I don't know if the staff is better than 2 scrolls.

I like to give my most powerful unit the banner of defence because I face lots of war machine.

What kind of armies do you face? I assume you don't want to do a custom list but knowing your opponents can helps

lord opium
05-06-2010, 19:32
I haven't got the army yet, but last time I played fantasy there was a good mix of armies in my area, but WoC, VC and OK seemed most popular.

Yeah I hardly ever make custom lists, although you can compensate. For example, your area is magic heavy so take more damsels etc.

dragonet111
05-06-2010, 20:42
I have a single list I use it as an all comer with a single damsel sometime it's a bit rough against High Elf:D.

I play Chaos since 5ed and until the daemon armybook came out my lord was a Tzeentch Lord finely tooled but I know that I can deal with him but only with a very expensive lord (250pts for a human lord:cries:) but that's what is funny with Bretonnian they are mighty knights and not some flabby Empire elector

ROCKY
06-06-2010, 14:43
I have a single list I use it as an all comer with a single damsel sometime it's a bit rough against High Elf:D.

I play Chaos since 5ed and until the daemon armybook came out my lord was a Tzeentch Lord finely tooled but I know that I can deal with him but only with a very expensive lord (250pts for a human lord:cries:) but that's what is funny with Bretonnian they are mighty knights and not some flabby Empire elector

u do know the empire have knights just as mighty? innercircle have S4, better armor save, and have access to a templar grand master (just as strong as a brettonian lord) AND he gives immune to psychology to his unit. also empire have an arc lector, who with the right gear, can steal ur stats and beat u to death.

Sarael
06-06-2010, 16:20
You'll have problems with stubborn units and undead hordes, and, as mentioned before, you're only good in a challenge on the charge...

dragonet111
06-06-2010, 16:22
u do know the empire have knights just as mighty? innercircle have S4, better armor save, and have access to a templar grand master (just as strong as a brettonian lord) AND he gives immune to psychology to his unit. also empire have an arc lector, who with the right gear, can steal ur stats and beat u to death.

I know it was just blind fanboyism:D.