PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Empire, in need of some help.

weilyn
06-06-2010, 10:09
When I started collecting my Empire army I (as usual) didn't really have any idéa of where to go with it. This resulted in a lot of models that had been added to the army because they looked cool, rather than because they had any kind of strategic value. Either way, I have now decided that I will play a few games with the army, and thus I've been working on a decent army list, but since I'm quite new to the whole gaming aspect of the hobby, I could need some help with deciding wether it's a good list or not.

So, here it is. Note that these are pretty much all my models (with the exception of a couple of lords and heroes and three knights), so there might not be much room for changes. Either way, comments are greatly appreciated, not only on the list, but also what i should consider buying next, to make the army fare better during games.

(Also, forgive me for all the capital letters...)

LORDS

TEMPLAR GRAND MASTER, 145 P
HOLY RELIC, 45 P
DAWN ARMOUR, 35 P
SWORD OF BATTLE, 15 P
240 P

HEROES

BATTLE WIZARD, 65 P
LEVEL 2, 35 P
DISPELL SCROLL, 25 P
CRYSTAL BALL, 15 P
140 P

CAPTAIN OF THE EMPIRE, 50 P
ARMOUR OF METEORIC IRON, 25 P
DRAGON BOW, 25 P
100 P

WARRIOR PRIEST, 90 P
HEAVY ARMOUR, 4 P
SHIELD OF THE GORGON, 25 P
SWORD OF MIGHT, 15 P
134 P

CORE UNITS

SWORDSMEN (20), 120 P
FULL COMMAND, 25 P
145 P

HANDGUNNERS (20), 160 P
MARKSMAN, 10 P
BRACE OF PISTOLS, FREE
STANDARD BEARER, 5 P
175 P

SPEARMEN (20), 100 P
FULL COMMAND, 20 P
120 P

HUNTSMEN (10), 100 P
MARKSMAN, 5 P
105 P

SPECIAL UNITS

KNIGHTLY ORDERS (13), 338 P
FULL COMMAND, 40 P
B. OF THE DAEMONSLAYER, 50 P
428 P

GREATSWORDS (15), 150 P
FULL COMMAND, 30 P
180 P
DETACHMENT;
HALBERDIERS (5), 25 P
SHIELDS, 5 P
30 P

GREAT CANNON
100 P

GREAT CANNON
100 P

TOTAL, 1997 P

papabearshane
08-06-2010, 00:56
Read the Empire book and start looking at the rules and reading Empire Tactica Threads.....................................As far as your army set up.......Empire Armys are great when used as a come all list..........

Take Detachments of at least 8-10 I like 9 my self.............

Battle Standard Bearers are a must in almost every Army........Re-rolls are great

20 Hand gunners are way to much.............Take 2 units of 10 and they are much easyer to use......Pistols on them suck as you dont want people that close to them.

25 is the Magic number for Infantry Blocks...............More is better but 25 is Great

13 Order Knights...............Way to much.....they will win combats but very rarley make there points back..........go for 3 units of vanilla knights......Thats 5 knights with a mus.......Use them as FLANK chargers and COUNTER chargers and you wont regret it............

DETACHMENTS, DETACHMENTS, DETACHMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................ ...Best rule in the game "In my Eyes"

Have fun with the list and Just try new things....

P.S. Welcome to the Empire and Pistolers are Gold!

Rhaivaen
08-06-2010, 02:53
20 Hand gunners are way to much.............Take 2 units of 10 and they are much easyer easier to use......Pistols on them suck as you don't want people that close to them.

P.S. Welcome to the Empire and PistolIers are Gold!

Besides the spelling mistakes :shifty::rolleyes:
Taking Pistols on the champion of a hand-gunner unit ensures that because ALL of the unit must be able to shoot, it will be done at 8", meaning the hand-gunners themselves will shoot at short range, thus minimizing the minuses they will have and making them more accurate.
(I usually fight a D-elf player and he is 99% of the time the one that charges, as his base movement is higher...so taking that logic, several armies have a higher movement then empire infantry and thus its Empire that has to receive the charge, unfortunately)

And yes, Pistoliers (actually, GW spells it wrong, as it should be Pistoleers, :D go figure..) are golden, and the range increase of the pistols (from 8 to 12) is heavens send in 8th edition.