PDA

View Full Version : What to do with White Dwarf

Cervantes3773
06-06-2010, 19:24
I have almost every WD from the past ten years and I need to clear them out.

The only issue that seems like a "must save" is the one with the comprehensive Monolith construction instructions - other than that, any important articles (apoc formations, painting guides, etc) are available online.

So I pose two questions to you, fellow forumites:
1) What other issues are "must keeps"?

2) What to do with my leftover collection?

Thanks!

Lord Damocles
06-06-2010, 19:36
1) What other issues are "must keeps"?
Depends. What do/did you get White Dwarf for mainly? Modelling/painting guides, battle reports, tactics, background etc.?

2) What to do with my leftover collection?
Take a gander at the trading section here. Otherwise I'd say that eBay is probably the way to go (although I doubt you'll get much per issue).

As an asside, as someone who obviously has lots of US issues, perhaps you can help? (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260954) :shifty:

Cervantes3773
06-06-2010, 23:13
Depends. What do/did you get White Dwarf for mainly? Modelling/painting guides, battle reports, tactics, background etc.?

Er... yes? To me, the monolith construction guide is a "must have". Background is good, especially things like that Graham McNeil Ultramarines short story recently.

Tactica articles are availables in a lot of places, I don't care of battle reports (more than once), and painting guides are available all over.

Take a gander at the trading section here. Otherwise I'd say that eBay is probably the way to go (although I doubt you'll get much per issue).

Yeah, I think selling them on ebay is more trouble than they're worth. I suppose I'd love for them to have a good home if someone local wants them.

As an asside, as someone who obviously has lots of US issues, perhaps you can help? (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260954) :shifty:

Can you help me narrow down the issue (more than 2002 or later), I really do have 90%+ of the issues...

FabricatorGeneralMike
06-06-2010, 23:54
You could always send them to me, i'll pay the postage..... :shifty: ;)

Cervantes3773
07-06-2010, 00:52
You could always send them to me, i'll pay the postage..... :shifty: ;)

Are you serious?

FabricatorGeneralMike
07-06-2010, 02:04
Well, if the shipping isn't through the roof. Altho I got a feeling it will probely be a few hundred bucks. PM me with a shipping quote.

chromedog
11-06-2010, 23:45
Toss the ones you don't want into recycling ...

Give them to your mates who play (who might want them).
Donate them to a local 'club' (if said club is not a store-based entity).

I've done all three. Only I had 20 years of them. I saved a handful of issues from pre-300 (that had content of interest and bunged the rest into recyc.

Mind you, this was mainly done to save space when moving house. I had less space in the new place.

Duke Georgal
12-06-2010, 11:53
Two years ago mine all went into the landfill. Along with every Model Railroader, Railroad Model Crafstmen, and Fine Scale Modeller since 1984. I also dumped every Playboy from 1974. Every DC comic in the "House of Mystery" series from issue 50 joined them as did my complete collection of "Plop". A slow leak in my air conditioner evaporator destroyed them all. Losing them broke my heart at the time, but I have not missed them at all. Now I cannot believe I held onto them that long.

Jedi152
15-06-2010, 09:58
I got rid of mine by cutting out the articles i wanted to keep, putting them in a binder and throwing the rest into the recycling.

__ALEX__
15-06-2010, 17:56
I got rid of mine by cutting out the articles i wanted to keep, putting them in a binder and throwing the rest into the recycling.

same here!

though I've kept some of the whole issues released when WFB 5th edition just came out (Lizardmen/Bretonnians) for sentimental value.

Jedi152
15-06-2010, 19:08
Funnily enough, one of the WD's i remember reading most was the 5th ed Bretonnian release issue.

I spent ages sat one halloween poring over it.

Duce
18-06-2010, 13:12
I'm looking for the following Uk issues incase you have them intact:

Any before 141 (Not including 141)

happy to pay postage for them to N.ireland