PDA

View Full Version : Thorek in ArmyBuilder

sds661
22-02-2006, 22:39
Two questions:

1) Thorek is a Runelord so adds 2 dispel dice, the anvil of doom adds another, so I think this makes 3 extra dice ... but armybuilder only indicates 2. Which is correct?

2) Thorek counts as a lord and a hero choice (dwarf book), but my interpretation is that this is because the anvil of doom is included in his equipment. Armybuilder counts Thorek as Lord and Hero, and then adds another hero slot for the anvil. This takes up a massive 3 slots. Which is correct?

BlitzPig_Gunner
23-02-2006, 21:32
I am a Dwarf player and am confussed, call the rules guys at the GW 1-800 #, they will be able to answer it.

Gorbad Ironclaw
23-02-2006, 22:30
Not having the dwarf army book I can't look it up myself, but always trust the book over army builder(no offence). Or you could call the rulez guyz and use the opposite answer of what they give you :p

WLBjork
24-02-2006, 09:34
AB is unofficial. It's edited by fans who want to be able to use it.

They are just as prone to mistakes as anyone else.

T10
24-02-2006, 11:00
But Army Builder is so much better than the rule book. You can, like, save dozens of money units by using Army Builder instead. And Games Workshop can't even get their own books right.

No, go for what Army Builder tells you. It's the safest.

-T10

foehammer888
24-02-2006, 11:28
In the dwarf book Thorek takes up a Lord and a Hero slot. As the anvil of doom is included in his equipment, that is included in those slots. A similar example would be dragon riding characters, such as Malekith, Imrik, and Zacharias. They ride dragons, which usually take up an additional hero slot. However, both are listed as being a lord and either (I think, books not at hand) 1, 2 or 3 hero slots. You do not add additional hero slots to those to include the dragons, just like you don't add additional points to their listed points total for the dragons.

As for the dispel dice, if you want to get really technical, Thorek does not have the "Runelore" special rule possessed by other runelords (check the book, similarly Thorgrim doesn't have "royal blood"). As a result, the only dispel dice he produces is the 1 from the anvil. If you have a common sense discussion with your opponent and decide that he is, in fact, a runelord and thus has the "runelore" ability, he would produce 3 dispel dice (one for the anvil, 2 for him).

Foehammer

Quin 242
24-02-2006, 11:30
Two questions:

1) Thorek is a Runelord so adds 2 dispel dice, the anvil of doom adds another, so I think this makes 3 extra dice ... but armybuilder only indicates 2. Which is correct?

2) Thorek counts as a lord and a hero choice (dwarf book), but my interpretation is that this is because the anvil of doom is included in his equipment. Armybuilder counts Thorek as Lord and Hero, and then adds another hero slot for the anvil. This takes up a massive 3 slots. Which is correct?

Actually with Army builder you get 7 dispel dice total which is correct.
It is off on how it counts Heros tho.. you just have to save/print even with the warning saying you are over your limit. The anvil is NOT a hero.

sds661
27-02-2006, 02:12
Actually with Army builder you get 7 dispel dice total which is correct.

In the version I used it definitely only showed 6 dice.

Thanks Foehammer888, nice response.

Yes, I know AB is unofficial, but it is such a useful tool and right about 98% of the time, so I just wanted to see if others agreed with my interpretation.