PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 Skaven

Rogzor87
06-06-2010, 21:55
This is a 1,500 Skaven List I just made to go against a friend of mine. He will be playing Beastmen against me. I could of tailored ALOT more to go against him but I didn't want to.

So here's my Army and feel free to Criticize or give advice

On another note my game is tomorrow so please give me info soon!!!!

Hero -
Plague Priest
lvl 2 wiz
Plague Furnace
Flail
Skalm
Portents of Vermonus Doom

Core -
21x Slaves /w Mus
21x Slaves /w Mus
32x Clan Rats /w Shield, Mus, Standard, Ratling gun
10x Giant Rats /w 2x Packmaster
10x Giant Rats /w 2x Packmaster

Special -
30x Plague Monks /w Full Command, Banner of the Under Empire
8x Plague Censer Bearers
5x Jezzails

Rare -
Warplightning Cannon

Like I said I didn't really tailor to go against him. Nor do I want to. This is also my second time ever playing Skaven So I am still trying to figure out how to set up unit equipment and what units to take and so on so fourth.

Well thanks for your time

~Rogzor87

w3rm
06-06-2010, 22:39
Thats a real cool list. Could have been a lot worse but this looks like a friendly list.

Rogzor87
06-06-2010, 22:56
i'm just hoping with his list he doesn't make it super competative to stomp my face. since i didn't make mine that way to stomp his

bluemage
07-06-2010, 06:16
Looks like a fun list. I think your clan rat blocks might be a little large, but I guss you just had extra points to spend. You could drop some clan rats and maybe a slave two replace one of the rattling guns with a warp fire thrower. Its more prone to exploding but the damage potential is also much greater. No patials + d3 wounds + panic test would make them very effective against a beastmen army.

Given that its your opponents first game I don't think it'll be nessesary, but its something to think about trying out later.
You might also think about combining the giant rats into a large block. Yes, how you're running them now they can break ranks, but their leadership is very low and he only has to kill two of them to force a panic test. However if you combine them you'll still have 6 blocks, which is a large amount for a 1500 point game. And some of them will be able to get flank charges.

Beastmen aren't a very compedative army, so I think you'll be fine.

Rogzor87
07-06-2010, 16:18
Just changed my list to have 2x packs of giants rats at 10xrats 2x packmasters each

@Bluemage... this isn't his first game. Him and I play against eachother ALL the time. Though this is his first game with Beastmen.(I don't even know where you got that this was his first game from. heh)

I never used Ratling guns before so i just wanted to use them.

bluemage
07-06-2010, 16:42
Sorry, I read first game with beastmen and thought first game or warhammer. Silly on my part.

thesheriff
07-06-2010, 16:56
I would drop a couple of slaves and 4 clanrats for a unit 10 Censer bearers. Or i would drop 3 of the censer bearers and one unit of slaves for an engineer with musket and lv.2, to go with the clanrats or jezzails.

Rogzor87
09-06-2010, 04:29
So I played my game yesterday against my friend

This is the list i used::::

Hero -
Plague Priest
lvl 2 wiz
Plague Furnace
Flail
Skalm
Portents of Vermonus Doom

Core -
21x Slaves /w Mus
21x Slaves /w Mus
5x Giant Rats /w 1x Packmaster

Special -
30x Plague Monks /w Full Command, Banner of the Under Empire
8x Plague Censer Bearers
5x Jezzails

Rare -
Warplightning Cannon

I don't remember what all exactly my friend had for equipment but i remember his units

1x Wargor on Tuskar Chariot
1x Brey Shaman

2x 25 Ungors(Spears/shield)
2x 10 Ungor Skirmishers
2x 10 Ungor(Spears.shield)
2x 20 Gors(AhW)

4x Mino(AhW)

Played the game through Barely scrapped out a Marginal victory. It was ALOT of fun though

Paraelix
09-06-2010, 04:40
:/ I don't see the Beastmen being able to make a particularly competitive list. Like the others above, I'd suggest take a WF thrower... and upgrading the cannon to a Doomwheel.

Doomwheel would literally rape that minotaur unit, and potentially instant kill the heroes chariot. Plus its a terror causer against an army with woefully poor leadership.

bluemage
09-06-2010, 04:40
Looks like it would be a fun beastmen list to play against. Congratulations on the win in a close game. Any chance of a short summary of how the game went? Blocks of troops don't seem worth it for beastmen. I'm really curious about how they performed.

Rogzor87
09-06-2010, 16:38
@Paraelix. If you read the original post you would see i didn't take thinks that would of utterly destroy the beastmen. I didn't want to do that.

Rogzor87
09-06-2010, 17:39
hmm to try to make a summary. haven't done this before so i'll try my best

------------------------------------------------------
-
1- UnR Mins UnB(10) GoB UnB(25) WG
-
2-
-
3- GrP GrP Slv Clan PlgM PBC Clan Slv Grp Grp
- Jezz WLC
4----------------------------------------------------
Key:::
Beastmen:
UnR - Ungor Raiders
Mins - Minotaurs
UnB - Ungor Block(10)(25)
GoB - Gors Block
WG - Wargor

Skaven:
GrP - Giant Rat Pack
Slv - Slaves
Jezz - Jezzails
Clan - Clan Rats
PlGM - Plague Monks
PCB - Plague Censer Bearers
WLC - Warplightning Cannon

His Brey Shaman is in his Gor block.... My Plague priest was on the furnace in my block of Plague monks

Thats pretty much the set up of how things were deployed.

Turn 1:
Me:
I moved my Slaves and Giant Rats forward and Angled them. Had no Magic to cast that turn and When it came to shooting my Jezzails shot at the minotaurs and did 1 wound and my Warplightning cannon landed in the back of his Ungor block(25) and only did 1 wound to them.

Friend:
He moved everything forward and sent his Wargor Farther down the Left flank so my WPL wouldn't be able to see it. He then Rolled for his Ambush Units. His Ungor block(10) rolled a 1 can came up on his side of the field between his Wargor and Gor block. The Ambushing Gor block came up on the left flank right beside my Warplighting Cannon. The Ambushing Ungor Raiders came up on my Board edge right behind my Jezzails. And his Last ambush unit Ungor block(25) rolled a 1 and came up on his board edge towards the right side of his board edge somewhat behind and between his Minotaus and Ungor block(10). Shooting Commensed and His Ambushing Raiders killed 1 Jezzail.

Turn 2:
Me:
I moved all my slaves and Giant Rats again and angled them so when he charges with anything he reveals his flanks to my clan rats, plague monks, plague censer bearer. Shooting, my Ratling guns turned and shot at the Ambushing Ungor Raiders. I killed 1... my WPL Turned to shoot the Gor ambushers and overshot with the 10" bounce.

Friend:
Declared Charges with his Gors into my WLC. His Wargar into my Giant Rats that were right infront of him and his Ungor block(25) charges my Slaves that were on the Left side of the board. I chose to flee with the rats and they ran right off the board. into Magic. He shot a the 5d6 str1 magic missles into my Plague Monks with his Brey shaman and didn't reach the cast.
He used his the Ungor Raiders on his side of the board to shoot my giant rats right infront of him and killed 1. Used the Ungor Raiders on my side of the field to shoot my Jezzails again and caused 2 wounds which made them flee.
Combat!!!! His Gors made my WLC flee so it was gone. His Ungor Block(25) into my skaven he killed 3 and i killed 1 I lost combat but didn't flee.

Turn 3:
Me:
Delcared Charges. Giant Rats into his Wargor's Flank. My PCB into his Ungor Flank. Rest of movement. I began to move EVERYTHING straight forward to give me some space from the Gor Block behind my army. Shooting. I shot with both my Ratling guns against the Ungor Raiders again. One did no Wounds the other Missfired and did the Spin around thing but it had range on nothing to hurt. Combat!!!! my PCB decimated the Ungor block(25) and caused them to flee. The giant Rats got destroyed by the Wargor.

Friend:
Declared charges. His Ungor block(10) charged my PCB. His Wargor Declared charge againt my Slaves Flank(They fled and jumped over all my units to the complete opposite side of the board) everything else of his Move Forward but his Gor block /w Breyshaman Moved backwards and away from my Plague monks. His Gor block on my side of the field Moved up towards my Plague Monks. His Magic phase. He casted that like 5d6 st1 Magic missle at my Plague monks again. This time he suceeded(i forgot i had MR2) He killed like 4 plague monks with it. In the shooting phase He shot with his Ungor Raiders on his side of the field towards my Slaves and killed 1 or 2. Into combat. Into Combat. He killed 2 of my PCB's and the rest killed some of his ungors that combat ended in a tie.

Turn 4:
Me:
Charged a unit of clan rat right into his Minotaurs so they wouldn't get the charge against me. I marched everything else forward Magic casted Wither on his Ungor block(10) to help my PCB in combat. Shooting was from my plague furnace. I used its breathweapon fumes thing and caused 1-2 wounds on the Gors infront of it. into combat. my Clan Rats cause 2 wounds and the Minotaurs did 5. He won combat but i didn't flee. My PCBs and his Ungor block(10) duked it out. I lost no more models and caused him to flee pursued and caught them.

Friend:
Declared charges with his Wargor into my PCB, His Gor Block Charged my Plague Monks head on. Magic was casted on his Brey Shaman itself on that +d6str/+d6 attacks it didn't get casted. Shooting he just stopped using his Ungor Raiders. combat. His Wargor Ate my PCB's in combat. His Gorblock did like 5wounds to my Plaguemonks and i did some back. He lost combat by like 3 and failed. They fled and i pursued and cought them. My Clan Rats vs his Mino's dropped them down to 2 Mino's left and he did some attacks back killed about 4 more. I won combat and the mino's fled.

Turn 5:
Me:
No charges to declare. Moved my 2 unit of clan rats not in combat up and turned my plague monks to face his Wargor. All i had left was my 2units of clan rats and Plague monks/w furnace. I didn't do anything for magic. For shooting i did the plague furnace fume thingy on his Wargor and did 1wound to his chariot. no combat

Friend:
His Wargor charged my Plague monks his Minotaurs rallied and his Gor block continued to chase down my plague monks from behind. He had no magic and continued to ignore his ungor raiders for shooting. so into combat! his wargor killed 6 Plague monks. I used all my attacks back on his chariot and killed it. I won combat and his Wargor fled. I pursued but didn't catch him. We then called the game

We had a difference of about 300 in victory points giving me a marginal victory

Well thats my first time trying to give a game summary. hope it wasn't horrid

bluemage
09-06-2010, 19:16
It was interesting to read. Thanks for writing it up. Sounds like the only threats your friend had were the wargor on chariot and minotaurs.

Paraelix
09-06-2010, 20:49
By the way... (Can't believe I didn't notice before...) But your magic items are illegal. YOu have 2 enchanted. Furthermore, is Skalm really worth it on a 2 wound character?

Rogzor87
10-06-2010, 00:27
@ Paraelix. I haven't really played in a long time so i didn't know or remember about the limitations on equipment other then points

On another note my friend and i are playing again next week

We set up some rules for the next game.... 1,500 Pnts... Mundane list(no wizards or magic allowed) and the army has to be a Theme.

I decided to go with Clan Eshin. He said I am allowed to use an Assassin as my general even though they normaly can't just to stay true to a completely themed list.

Well this is my list for the next game

Hero:
Assassin - Tail Weap, Rat Hound Bodyguard
Assassin - Tail Weap
Assassin - Tail Weap

Core:
24x Night Runners - Slings
24x Night Runners - Slings, Warp-grinder

Special:
10x Gutter Runners - Slings, Poison
10x Gutter Runners - Slings, Poison, Warp-Grinder
10x Gutter Runners - Slings, Poison, Warp-grinder

I am pretty sure I will lose but playing a 100% themed list would be fun. I asked if i could use the Storm of Chaos Eshin Sorcerer so that could be my general instead of an assassin but he said no ):

DigitalDogParty
10-06-2010, 00:31
Your second list can't work. Unless I'm wrong, you need a general in an army and Assassins cannot be generals.

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 00:36
Your second list can't work. Unless I'm wrong, you need a general in an army and Assassins cannot be generals.

Someone isn't reading... I think a Warlord would've been fine (or whatever the hero fighter is called...), used as an assassin in training or some such...

EDIT- And current limitations on Magic Items are one of each type, no armour unless your have or could have it normally (although there are some exceptions like Warlock armour :P), dispel scrolls and power stones may be doubled. And I'm fairly certain the FAQ ruled that Magic Items in units, like the Death Globe, may be taken by a single character in addition to the units upgraded with them.

DigitalDogParty
10-06-2010, 00:44
Bah! My bad, I really did not get any sleep last night...hm. If it's theme based then Assassin's are fine. Maybe you could use Snikch as the general, since he stands out more. I really like the Eshin side of Skaven, but I haven't really found a good use into making a theme based army.

Rogzor87
10-06-2010, 01:18
I'm not a huge fan of named people you would rarely ever see me use one unless i had to use them to make a legal themed army. Like Lord Skrolk for an all Clan Pesilens list.