PDA

View Full Version : Raise Dead Followed by Invocation of Nehek, do you get the command models?

Irish_Icicle
06-06-2010, 22:36
I was watching a game the other day, and one of the armies was VC. In the magic phase the VC cast raise dead, goes off, gets say 6 zombies. Then he cast Invocation on the same unit gaining 3 models. He placed a musician and standard in the front rank, then one more in the back.

My question is, can invocation raise command models even if the unit did not spend points on them?

In either case, in that game that unit of 9 zombies was worth 150 VP lol.

Dvil
06-06-2010, 22:56
In either case, in that game that unit of 9 zombies was worth 150 VP lol.

I think that's a pretty good RAI argument for 'no', though without the book I can't check the RAW.

ooglatjama
06-06-2010, 23:05
Invocation says additional wounds create R&F models. Ill quote it if you need me to.

Irish_Icicle
06-06-2010, 23:07
Page 38 of the VC book, Second paragraph of Invocation, "The wounds in a unit are regained in a strict order. First, the champion is resurrected, and then other command models."

I'm under the impression that they can't. Especially if you consider say a unit of Blood knights with no command. It takes three casualties, with three casts of invocation they could get 50pts of free command.

Falkman
06-06-2010, 23:09
The champion or other command models can't be resurrected if they didn't exist in the first place. So no, he cannot raise command models into a raised zombie unit.

Kalandros
06-06-2010, 23:14
You can't CREATE command models, you can only bring them back from permanent death.
If they weren't there to begin with, you do not get them.

Irish_Icicle
07-06-2010, 00:10
Thanks for all of the replies. I figured this was the case, but I found nothing in the FAQ regarding it. Aside from the extra 100 VP, it didn't really affect their game. I believe it was a draw even with out the 100 VP so no harm done.