6 Chameleon Skinks-
Blowpipes

3 Kroxigor-
Great Weapons

2 Salamanders

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

bluemage
07-06-2010, 14:58
You could drop the kroxigor. Then take a unit of terradons, but your scar vet on a cold one and give your priest a dispel scroll. If that takes you over just drop a saurus warrior.

Paraelix
07-06-2010, 23:52
I know Terradons are super popular... But I'm not overly sure I see their worth. Yes, they fly... But they don't do much else >_> Where the Kroxies are a pretty big threat and will draw fire and charges away from the saurus blocks.

Similarly, opinions on the Chameleons? I've never used them, but they were to be my march block and machine hunters...

kamstew
08-06-2010, 03:51
i agree ive found more and more that all my terradons realy do id fly over drop rocks, marchblock then get killed somehow,

bluemage
08-06-2010, 15:36
But for 90 points, flying, dropping rocks, march blocking, and killing warmachines, is a good deal. And a unit of ranked up skinks works great for redirecting.

thesheriff
08-06-2010, 17:49
Ranked up skinks are a sin in my opinion. If you take the terradons, you should drop the chameleon skinks. They do the same job. The only yhing i would change is dropping the salamanders for razadons. or, drop the razadons/salamanders, the krozigor and the chamo skinks for a basic stegadon with giant bow.
But that is a bit beardy, cuts down your army diversity wise and if its for freindly games, it might be a bit labourious to play

Paraelix
09-06-2010, 00:04
A sin as in bad? My only experience with ranked skinks was them getting utterly owned regardless of the situation.

I wanted to try chameleons on the basis that nobody uses them and they were cheaper to get than Terras... And no way in hell am I dropping my Salamanders for Razors. That one is a no brainer. My gaming group is gearing up for 8th edition and, for example, I'll be facing a skaven army that will be running a unit of 50 clanrats and a unit of 40 plague monks with a furnace. Razors have nothing on the Sallies.