PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt framework for orcs 8th

mrnibbles05
07-06-2010, 16:02
I'm coming back to WH after a long hiatus (haven't fielded an army since 5th) but I'm coming back to the hobby and want to build up and O&G army. I have quite a few units purchased, but little is assembled/painted.

Until I can get my hands on the new book, I have little more than a vague idea of where to go. Could someone please give feedback? I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift through months and months of rumor threads to gain a clearer idea of things.

Where I'm haziest really is what to gear up my core units with. I would've gone spears with one unit, but with any weapon being able to fight from the 2nd rank, should they be avoided for infantry in favor of an aditional choppa and/or shield?

Army:

Orc Big Boss - general in one unit of Boyz
-shield
-Armour of Gork
-Martog's Best Basha

Orc Shaman in other unit of Boyz or solo - not sure
-dispel scroll
-Amulet of Protectyness

24x Orc Boyz
Musician+SB w general
gear???

24x Orc Boyz
full command
gear?

10x Wolf Riders
musician
spears

2x Spear Chukka
- Orc Bully

Orc Boar Chariot
- extra orc

2x Snotling Pump Wagon

~The chariot IMO could be swapped out for snotlings, more spear chukkas or a rock lobba/doom diver. Overall I feel this is a decent way to start, having some muscle, speed, and a litte range and magic.

Thoughts? Thanks gang.

mrnibbles05
09-06-2010, 01:15
bump

Please?

bluemage
09-06-2010, 01:29
This will take you to grim's list of 8ed changes. You won't have to shift through anything.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253845

For your army, those units will probably all be useful come 8th. But as for gear, I'm not sure what will be best. I'd do a mix of gear, half with spears and shields, half with choppa and shield. Then if you want to run spearmen, but those in the front ranks and the others in the back. And if not, do it the other way. I'd add full command for the wolf riders, it seems that it'll be useful in the future.

Buying up units of core seems like the only safe bet at the moment.

mrnibbles05
09-06-2010, 03:23
Thanks for the tips! Didn't think of mixed models... that's not a problem with WYSIWYG? Ranking up the models could get tricky, but that's a flexible option.

bluemage
09-06-2010, 04:35
I believe that the GW rule is that so long as 50% is correct its fine. And the vast majority of players I've come across will be fine with it, so long as the front rank or two is correct.