PDA

View Full Version : Doomwheel Shooting

DigitalDogParty
08-06-2010, 05:12
New to Fantasy and Skaven here, so sorry if I seem a little stupid in asking this. I kinda want solid facts and whatnot here.

When going to shoot with a Doomwheel, does it have a 360 degree firing range? Its shooting states you can shoot at any target without line of sight up to 18". Does that mean that if I had a unit of rats right behind the Doomwheel, it would shoot at them instead of an enemy unit in front of it? I said no because it just ignores the line of sight within it's arc of sight which is the front part. My friend said no, because even if it can't see the rats, it's closer and the rule says it ignores line of sight. I just thought line of sight and arc of sight were two different rules.

Zaustus
08-06-2010, 06:44
Since it doesn't need line of sight, it can fire 360. Your friend is right.

Generally speaking, your line of sight is anything within your arc of sight that is not blocked by intervening models or terrain. If something ignores line of sight, that means you don't need to see it, so that basically gives that effect 360 range.

CaptainFaramir
08-06-2010, 13:28
Note also that this also will include models within woods, behind buildings, "infinite" hills and other terrain. This makes Doomwheels excellent.