PDA

View Full Version : Choosing an army for Might Empires

bluemage
08-06-2010, 19:39
Okay so my friends and I are starting a Mighty Empires campaign this saturday and I'm try to decide on an army. I have High Elves, Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, and Beastmen.
And my opponents will consist of Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs and Goblins, Brettonians, and Warriors of Chaos.
We'll also be playing games at 1,000 points.

Wood Elves would give me one last hurrah, before 8th kicks in and I won't want to play them again. However, I'll probably have an easy time winning the campaign and only have trouble beating the lizardman player.

Tomb Kings would be forced to run pretty much the same army every game and I think would get rather stale and boring.

With High Elves I'd probably have fun running two RBT and lots of mage. Fun for me but not for my opponents.

Finnaly Beastmen. I haven't played many games with them. They're a pretty weak army under the current rules and I'm thinking of just waiting for 8ed to come out and then bring them out. But my friends would probably enjoy playing against them.

I'm leaning towards beastmen, but tacticly I'm not sure the army would win. Any advice or strategies I should try for would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried most about beating the warriors of chaos who will almost all be running with the mark of khorne. And with Lizardmen taking out the EoTG + possible second steg.

I'm trying to make this a poll so I can get some input from all those people who look at posts but never comment. Not sure if its gonna work.

ooglatjama
08-06-2010, 19:47
WE can deal with 1 or 2 stegs, just take a treeman or a DoW cannon or something.

papabearshane
10-06-2010, 16:44
Beastmen are always fun a very winable in 7th..........

My vote is Beasts............

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 23:34
Beasts. Build your experience with them and get to know their strengths.

Also, wtf is with all these Wood Elf doomsayers?

bluemage
11-06-2010, 14:47
The reason people are saying wood elves are going to get worse is because of all the rumors. War dancers will kill a lot of models on the charge, but will then lose models to the return attacks and the enemy will be stubborn on the general's leadership. Wild Riders will need to be in 2 ranks to negate ranks with a flank charge. And 10 wild riders is 260 points...and the enemy only has to kill 1 of them and you no longer negate ranks. Wood elves were designed for a guerilla style of combat that doesn't look like it will work in 8ed.