PDA

View Full Version : First Attempt at a O&G Unfriendly Tourney

BeardedWaaagh
09-06-2010, 05:49
Hello all,

Im relativly new to the Orcs and Goblins but I have been playing Warhammer Fantasy for 10+ years. This is my first attempt at a Orc and Goblin Tourney list. Please be as critical as you can, my dwarves are undefeated at my local hobby shop so Im looking to keep the Orcs and Goblins very competitive.

Thanks =]

Lord:
Orc Great Shaman 180pts
Lvl 4 Wizard 35pts
Staff of Baduumm 10pts
Amulet of Protectyness 25pts
Skull Wand of Kaloth 40pts
Nibbla's 'Itty Ring 20pts

Heroes:
Black Orc Big Boss 85pts
Heavy Armour 4pts
Sheild 2pts
Martogs Best Basha 15pts
Effigy of Mork 35pts

Orc Big Boss 70pts
Spear 2pts
Boar 16pts
Ironback Boar 35pts
Guzzla's Battle Brew 15pts

Orc Shaman 65pts
Boar 16pts
Waaagh! Paint 10pts
The Horn of Urgok 40pts
Lvl 2 Wizard 35pts

Core:
Orc Boyz (19 models) 95 pts
Sheilds 19pts
Full Command 30pts

Orc Boyz (19 Models) 95pts
Sheilds 19pts
Full Command 30pts

Forest Goblin Spider Riders (10 Models) 130pts
Short Bows 10pts
Full Command 30pts

Special:
Black Orcs (15 Models) 195pts
Sheilds 15pts
Full Command 38pts
Nogg's Banner of Butchery 25pts

Goblin Spear Chucka (Battery of 2) 70pts

Orc Boar Boyz (5 Models) (Big Unz) 150pts
Full Command 38pts

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts

Rare:
Giant 205 pts
Giant 205pts

Battleplan:

Orc Great Shaman will join the Black Orc unit and hold the center of the battlefeild with the two orc boy units to either side. One of those units will hold the Black Orc Warboss. Both my mounted Warboss and my Mounted Shaman will join the boar boy unit and they will flank from one side with a giant. The other Flank will have the other Giant with the Forest Goblin Spider Riders. The Spear Chucka's will basically help soften the center of my opponents battlelines. The Chariot is the only thing that will change per battle, it will be my last unit set up based on my opponents set up. It will either be on a flank or the middle.

Any tips or hints?

rtunian
09-06-2010, 14:32
imo, you need fewer expensive models and more boyz. your boy blocks should be us25-30 with characters in them. your fast cav should be units of 5 with musician and/or bows/spears only (not fc, and DEFINITELY not a standard). 600 points tied up in terror causers leaves you with a gimmick army. what if you face daemons, vampires, tomb kings, ogres, high elves, or lizardmen? what if you face a dwarven or dark elf gunline? your army will be ineffective or obliterated in 2 turns.

if you are trying to be undefeated, then you will want to plan for all-comers, and your list, while it can win, it can also be beaten very easily.

Paraelix
09-06-2010, 21:09
Do not price individually... It breaks forum rules.

pluch87
09-06-2010, 22:15
I agree with rtunian, you're core choice is far too small. Drop a Giant and buy/beef up on some more boys. Squabble WILL happen and it has the potential to cripple such a low amount of troops in your center. I don't like keeping shamans in units of troops only becuase the risk of that shaman doing nothing due to squabble is too high for my liking.

And for your orc warboss, I don't think you need to purchase both the boar and ironback boar. IIRC the entry in the "shiney stuff" list says "Boar." in it's description.