PDA

View Full Version : 8th edition WoC 3000pts

cabowers
09-06-2010, 08:37
Ok seeing as people have finally started to see 8th edition and most of the rumours are starting to be confirmed I have finally put into place my final 3000pts WoC army.

Lords
Valkia The Bloody - 410

Heroes
Lvl 2 Tzeentch Sorcerer, Chaos Armour - 140

Lvl 2 Tzeentch Sorcerer, Chaos Armour, Infernal Puppet - 175

Exalted Hero, Mark of Khorne, Shield, Chaos Armour, Juggernaut - 180

Core
20 Chaos Marauders, Flails, Mark of Khorne - 130

19 Chaos Warriors, Halberd, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Khorne - 383

Special
8 Chaos Knights, Full Command, Mark of Khorne - 400

15 Chosen, Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Favor of the Gods - 370

Rare
Chaos Warshrine, Mark of Tzeentch - 170

So the basic plan is for the Knights and Exalted to head up a flank and either cause the opponent to react to them or have a headache with the possibility of flank and rear charges from them. Meanwhile the Chosen and Warriors will form the centre of my line with the marauders acting as speed bumps either in front of them or just slightly off centre. The Warshrines will deploy behind the main line with Valkia fitting in wherever she is needed.

Comments and Critique welcome.

ROCKY
09-06-2010, 16:54
looks good and i see lots of dependency on the warshrines casting their stuff. but it should be a slow and steady army that brings forth alot of hitting power. i like it. u might want to include marauder horsemen and hounds however to screen your butt :)

stiggie
09-06-2010, 17:05
ur warshrines are 150 not 170 :) 40 points more free lol,, then use the points to give ur scorcerer a power familiar or spell familiar + something else?

logan054
09-06-2010, 19:05
Lords
Valkia The Bloody - 410

Im not a fan of special characters but she is a nice choice

Heroes
Lvl 2 Tzeentch Sorcerer, Chaos Armour - 140

Lvl 2 Tzeentch Sorcerer, Chaos Armour, Infernal Puppet - 175

Might be an idea to just give on wizard a mark, the new rumours look very interesting, lore of fire could provide a nice buff to some chaos warriors (i believe one provides reroll failed wound). You could even give one a chaos runesword.

Exalted Hero, Mark of Khorne, Shield, Chaos Armour, Juggernaut - 180

I would personally give this guy a magical weapon, Axe of khorne, Athersword or runesword are nice options.

Core

units of 24 or 30 would be rather good here, i personally think great weapons are better as they have constant strength 5 and with the stepup rule you will still be getting to attack back.

Units of 20 are a waste, go 17, deploy 6x3, perhaps even give one banner of rage, if you then gave you wizard a runesword he is actually putting out 3, WS6, S5 attacks ontop of the units 22 WS5 S5 attacks

Special
8 Chaos Knights, Full Command, Mark of Khorne - 400

Do you actually need a extra rank, why not just use them as a unit of 5, drop the champion, add in a warbanner, still gives you +3 CR

15 Chosen, Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Favor of the Gods - 370

Personally i think these are alot of points for what they do, chaos warriors will do the same job, you have you warshrines so they can be just as good, why not swap these for somethin abit faster, Chaos ogres look rather nice now, unit of 6. 3x2, great weapons and standard, MoK 24 WS3, S6 attacks, cause fear and +3 CR

Rare

Cool

cabowers
10-06-2010, 11:15
I may look at dropping one mark of Tzeentch on the sorcerers and fielding my Warriors 6x3. Would give me 100pts or just short to play with which could allow 2 or 3 extra magic items.

The Knights are 8 strong as when the JUggy rider goes in with them it will be 5x2 and if the rumour regarding needing a rank to break ranks then it will be needed. I do see alot of people not running a champion in this unit but with the 2 Warshrines and the ability to gain rolls on EotG I believe it is worth the points.

The Chosen may be substitued out but not sure if I would want some Ogres. They may end up being very useful in 8th but they may also end up a bit of a liability. The Chosen were the last unit to be bought so have a weeks to decide what I want in that slot.

thesheriff
10-06-2010, 21:40
like the list. i would always feild the warriors 3x6, and try and gfind the points for 23 chosen + valkia and a warbanner and favour of the gods with champion. It makes the unit invincible!

ROCKY
11-06-2010, 18:59
like the list. i would always feild the warriors 3x6, and try and gfind the points for 23 chosen + valkia and a warbanner and favour of the gods with champion. It makes the unit invincible!

ummm no bro, u wanna see invincible? 24 chosen, MoT, Archaon, Sigvald, and a bsb with the blasted standard (the 5+ward for shooting) and give him fury of the blood god for magic resistance. let the unit carry the rapturous standar. lets see u get 4+ward from shooting, and loads and loads of attacks, sigvald has ASF 7 attacks at S5 so he can wipe out a swordmaster rank easily. then if somehow u needed to break, u would ONLY be able to break by rolling an 11 twice. thats it.

kermitthefrog3
13-06-2010, 17:43
so about 1600-1800 points of your 3000 into one M4 infantry block?

Pass.

nick_robinsonchia
13-06-2010, 18:59
Try fit In a bsb man.

The advantages he brings especially next mod are undeniable. Other wise real solid maybe think about combining a couple of those GW marauder blocks into a horde for maximum nastiness.

N