PDA

View Full Version : The return of the vengeance of the Horde of Horrors, 3000pts

dragonet111
09-06-2010, 21:05
Hi guys.

With my friends we usually don't play above 2000pts but we decided to upgrade our list to 3000pts for the first game with the new edition, we have still one month to try several lists so I would like some advice and comments on my list. I like magic heavy list and Tzeentch is my favorite God.

I have two things I absolutely don't want to change.

1 the prince-daemon because I want to field a Khorne/Tzeentch army and I don't like to have a greater daemon as a general with a multi-god list and I have the Be'lakor mini which is too awesome, I have to play with it:D

2 the horrors unit is the heart of the list I want my horde of Horrors.

So the list.

Lords
Prince-daemon, winged horror, etherblade, shadow sorcerer Lvl 2

Heroes
Herald of Khorne, armour of Khorne, juggernaut
Herald of Tzeentch
Herald of Tzeentch, great standard bearer, disc of Tzeentch

Core
15 Bloodletters, musician, standard bearer
15 Bloodletters, musician, standard bearer
40 Pink horrors, musician, standard bearer, banner of change
5 Chaos fury
5 Chaos fury

Special
5 Screamers
5 Screamers

Rare
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
3 Bloodcrusher, musician, standard bearer

The Herald of Tzeentch goes with the horde of Horrors and for the battle plan I try to weaken enemy units with magic and shooting attacks and then the Bloodletters and the unit of Bloodcrusher can do their job.

I still don't know if I put the Herald of Khorne with the Bloodcrushers

So what do you think of the list? If you think it's too cheesy tell me why I don't like to play with cheesy list because it kills the fun.

TheSanityAssassin
09-06-2010, 21:13
At 3000 points that's FAR from cheesy for daemons. You don't have a GD when you could have 2, and in fact are using a Prince, considered by most the worst choice in the book

You have some fighting core troops, always a plus. The big horror block is nasty, but not "optimized" and so I think a good addition. Furys are generally considered not good, but flyers are always nice. Same with screamers, they can cause trouble.

Flamers are mean, but you only have 2 units of 3 and not the 3 of 6 that are usually in "cheesy" 3000 point lists. Same with Crushers, mean, but not usually considered an optimal choice in Daemon lists. You don't have any Flesh Hounds, which in itself is a step down.

I like it.

dragonet111
09-06-2010, 21:20
Thanks.

I also think the prince daemon is not good but I have that nice mini so I feel like I have to field it.
I really like the armybook but the prince daemon is a disapointment.