PDA

View Full Version : First foray back into Chaos in a looong while. Please help a guy out!

Lord Hurin
10-06-2010, 01:58
Hey all, Chaos was my first non-Lord of The Rings foray into the GW hobby. About 6 years ago, I collected a nice varied army complete with Minotaurs, Warriors, Bloodletters, Marauders and soforth. I abandoned it after I got into 40K and lost all hopes of resurrecting the army when the books were split up. I recently stripped most of the old (and terrible) paintjobs in preparation of selling them, but decided to try and make another Fantasy army with minimum spending. Here's a 1500 point list to build up to:

Heroes

Beel'Zhar the Indomitable - 130pts
Exalted Hero; Shield & Barded Steed

Zz'anthar the Wise - 140pts
Lv 2 Sorcerer; Mark of Tzeentch

Core

Lord Beel'Zhar's Chosen Ones - 396pts
23 Warriors of Chaos; Shields, Musician, Standard & Mark of Slaanesh

Master Zz'anthar's Retinue - 214pts
11 Warriors of Chaos; Shields, Champion, Musician & Mark of Tzeentch

Northern Barbarians - 184pts
30 Marauders; Light Armour, Shields & Musician

Barbarian Cavalry - 76pts
5 Marauder Cavalry; Shields & Musician

Barbarian Cavalry - 86pts
5 Marauder Cavalry; Shields, Throwing Axes & Musician

The Hellhounds - 30pts
5 Chaos Hounds

Cerebrus' Kindred - 30pts
5 Chaos Hounds

Special

Black Knights - 210pts
5 Chaos Knights; Musician

1496 Points Total

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 02:38
Its a pretty decent list for 1500... Hard to say what changes to make with the new edition looming though...

papabearshane
10-06-2010, 02:44
I love seeing HUGE blocks of Warriors.................

Good luck with this list I like it...........

Lord Hurin
10-06-2010, 02:47
Hehe, thanks guys! Best part is that to get it finished, all I need is a couple boxes of Marauder Cavalry. :D

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 02:55
I love seeing HUGE blocks of Warriors.................

Good luck with this list I like it...........

Hahaha... I'm with you on that.

Oh, one thought. The rumours suggest that Hw/Sh combo gives a 6+ ward... Which means that Mark of Tz on your big ass unit will have them running about with a 3+/5++ :D And if you can find it for the 30 Marauders they'll be 5+/5++ with LA/Sh

Brady
10-06-2010, 08:44
Haha as if they were not hard enough to kill in the first place! As to the list i like it but i would try and make your exalted a bit more killy by adding a cheap flail or something. A strength seven exalted is someone i would not want to mess with! :)

LordoftheBrassThrone
19-06-2010, 08:59
Not sure about the musician on the knights; in my experience they will either win by a lot or fluff their rolls and lose by a little. They dont tend to draw combats, and as they will very rarely be fleeing, the +1 LD for rallying isnt very helpful either. Just another 10pts for elsewhere :)