PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal Dark Elves

Slashattack
10-06-2010, 15:49
7th edition is about to pass and with its passing I would like to give it one last hurrah. Letting seventh go out with a bang. To do this I thought I could create a bit of a bang with some dark elf mages packing some nice power dice creation items and the old ring of hotek. Here's the list:

Supreme Sorceress- Black Staff, Ring of Hotek, Level 4: 340pts

Sorceress- Dark Star Cloak, Dispel Scroll, Level 2: 185pts

Sorceress- Sacrificial Dagger, Dispel Scroll, Level 2: 185pts

Sorceress- Lifetaker, Powerstone, Level 2: 185pts

(20) Dark Elf Spearmen- Shields, Full Command, Warbanner: 180pts

(10) Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen- Shields:110pts

(10) Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen- Shields:110pts

(5) Harpies:55pts

(7) Shades- Great Weapons:126pts

(7) Shades- Great Weapons:126pts

(6) Shades- Great Weapons:108pts

Repear Bolt Thrower:100pts

(14) Black Guard:182pts

The aim will be for the mages to die via miss casts from the ring of hotek, with power of darkness dice also dealing self harm. The player who I hope to be playing with the list will be using a lizardman list with the cube of darkness and mirror shield, so the mages should be able to harm my own men with magic missiles when aimed at the right unit. Plus the cube could help with some nice power of darkness damage.

Xyon
10-06-2010, 16:05
sounds like fun, might get boring after 2 games though.

tmarichards
10-06-2010, 19:27
I'm assuming you're designing this list specifically to lose right? Otherwise, why are you making sure that your Lord will die in the first 2-3 turns?

Slashattack
10-06-2010, 19:39
Yeah its meant to kill itself within the first couple of turns, with lots of lovely miscasts. Any ideas how to get rid of more it so the enemy will have less to kill? I want to deny as many victory points of killing for my opponent.

orcs of fire
10-06-2010, 20:26
I think... you're playing the wrong army,

I mean tbh the armies that win the "kill themselves before the enemy" award goes to goblins or skaven. Goblins can load up on magic mushrooms so if even one 1 is rolled then it's a miscast, you could through fanatics deliberately through or towards your own troops, squig herds need 2-4 herders to die and then they explode and the brilliant amount of chariots could drive suicidally into terrain.

with skaven, well, just load up on machines and hope you misfire lots and lots

Malorian
10-06-2010, 20:34
Take Malekith on foot and then sacrific him with the dagger :D

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 21:54
And you're gonna look like an idiot when you miscast on your first spell and end the magic phase every turn of the game.

Don Zeko
10-06-2010, 22:10
And you're gonna look like an iditon when you miscast on your first spell and end the magic phase every turn of the game.

Dude, that's the point. He's not trying to win with this list, and doesn't need us to tell him that putting the Ring of Hotek on a High Sorceress is moronic in a normal game.

thesheriff
10-06-2010, 22:16
i don't want to change to 8th ed!!!!!!!!!!

Gaargod
10-06-2010, 22:23
When i saw the title, i actually thought this was built off the old 'Suicidal Elves' tactic. In other words, screw having decent combat units and broken bits, jsut give every single goddamm elf a crossbow, and hope whatever is coming at you died. It was fairly amusing, to say the least.

Actually suicidal elves is a different beast entirely. As Malorian says, the sacrifical dagger is always worth a laugh (nothing to stop you taking out your own characters on foot). Maybe some dogs of war cannons to 'accidentally' snipe your own units?

And goblins still win the 'suicidal approach every time. Hell, most competitive armies are still suicidal. They used to do it better in 6th ed though - squig bombs were the most annoying and funniest units in the game.

Paraelix
10-06-2010, 23:31
Dude, that's the point. He's not trying to win with this list, and doesn't need us to tell him that putting the Ring of Hotek on a High Sorceress is moronic in a normal game.

No, you're not getting it. It will be funny when he fails to suicide his casters because his magic phase just shuts down.

VonUber
10-06-2010, 23:33
i once used the sacreficial dagger on malekith:P was funy as hell to see the oponents face.

Don Zeko
11-06-2010, 03:23
No, you're not getting it. It will be funny when he fails to suicide his casters because his magic phase just shuts down.

I see. Never mind then.

Slashattack
11-06-2010, 12:50
I didn't think about sacrificing my own characters with the dagger. I might trade the blackguard for an assassin as that dagger will go straight through him. I haven't got a Malekith model unfortunately. I'm playing with it tonight so I'll post up how it goes.