PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to start Daemons

Darwin_green
11-06-2010, 18:21
hey there, I'm excited about all of the new daemon kits coming out this fall. So I'm wanting to do a Slannesh/Tzeentch mixed force.

So, I was wondering, what are good synergies between the 2, and what's probably going to be my bread-and-butter units.

so far, all i have is a Tzeentch herald, and a box of daemonettes.

Malorian
11-06-2010, 18:24
Big units of horrors in the center.

Good sized units of deamonettes no the flanks.

Flamers inbetween.

And fiends on the outer flanks.

lordmetroid
11-06-2010, 18:38
My personal preference is to keep the army to one daemon-kin. Though I am a fluff and modelling junky.

Darwin_green
11-06-2010, 18:40
with daemonettes, is it wise to take them in wide units like you do with chaos warriors to try to maximize their attacks?

Malorian
11-06-2010, 19:21
with daemonettes, is it wise to take them in wide units like you do with chaos warriors to try to maximize their attacks?

In 7th, yes. More ASF attacks mean less attacks back.

In 8th, debatable. You will most be getting hit back now and will be losing models. So sometimes having more ranks will help more than more attacks. Most likely will depend on the unit they are fighting.

Darwin_green
12-06-2010, 10:13
man, the whole 25% hero cap in the army is really messing with me. It's hard to take enough heralds to lead all of those deaemon units rough. Even worse, If I go with mono-Slaanesh, i have little to no magic.

even if the 25% lords allowance is separate from the hero cap, it still only allows either a no-frills KoS or LoC.

w3rm
13-06-2010, 23:53
Mono SLaanesh has great magic.

Falkman
14-06-2010, 09:03
Slaanesh won't have access to that much magic in 8th ed, the 25% lord cap means your keeper will only get to be a lvl3 wizard at 2250 pts (lvl 2 at 2000), and in that case you won't be able to afford much gifts for him.

tricker53
18-06-2010, 15:47
under 3k the only way to get magic for slaanesh is lots of little lv 1s. and can we even get more than 1 acquiescence anymore?

fiends in 2 ranks of 3 are nasty in 8th ed. 21 attacks and the ability to actually cancel ranks, assuming none die before then. on the other hand, all the M10 non-fast cav units that slaanesh has to offer (kipper, fiends, masque) have had a slight movement nerf in the charge. this means seekers are possibly a slightly better option than they were before, just for the move bonus and disabling those TLOS shooty units with siren standard charges. similarly, daemonettes have had a slight charge-length buff, according to averages.

given that youre running tzeentch as well, keep in mind its probably in your best interest to take no individual mage as less than a lv 3, so that you dont get dispelled off the bat. in other words if you want any slaaneshi magic, take a kipper.

dragonet111
18-06-2010, 16:07
Hi.

Since the 8ed rumors I begin to field a horde of horrors, 40 horrors with an Herald of Tzeentch and the banner of change, it's a pretty nasty unit and my main sorcerer but it's a 650pts unit roughly:D

Falkman
18-06-2010, 21:08
under 3k the only way to get magic for slaanesh is lots of little lv 1s. and can we even get more than 1 acquiescence anymore?
Presumably yes, since it's the basic spell, but with BSBs now offering re-rolls to all Ld tests it's become much worse.