PDA

View Full Version : Destroying Buildings

Druidic
13-06-2010, 21:14
Anyone know of any accepted rules for hitting and destroying buildings with Cannon or Mortars (or Ogres!)

I've seen rules in the BRB for fighting units in buildings but not effecting builds themselves ala City Fight in 40k.

Cheers
James

Zaustus
13-06-2010, 21:33
There aren't really any in 7th edition, although Skaven can destroy buildings with Crack's Call or Deafening Peals from the Screaming Bell. Those don't apply to attacking buildings in combat, though. There are some old rules in the General's Compendium, IIRC, but I think your best bet is to wait for the new rulebook in a couple weeks. That's rumored to have information on destroying buildings.

papabearshane
13-06-2010, 21:41
T7 with 5W Per wall once 2 walls are gone the roof comes down doing a S6 hit to every model inside.............

Thats the way I have played it in the past............Not the best but it works

Tae
13-06-2010, 21:43
7th Ed contains no official rules for destroying buildings.

8th Ed will contain some rules regarding damaging buildings (such as setting them on fire etc.) however how they work or to what extent they exist I don't know at this point.

T10
14-06-2010, 09:22
Anyone know of any accepted rules for hitting and destroying buildings with Cannon or Mortars (or Ogres!)

I've seen rules in the BRB for fighting units in buildings but not effecting builds themselves ala City Fight in 40k.

Cheers
James

You'll need some house rules, certainly. I seem to recall siege rules in a separate book for 5th ed and in a 6th ed appendix, but how applicable these will be in the near future is hard to tell.

Maybe 8th ed will include rules for these things? After all, the Skaven army list includes effects that can affect buildings.

-T10

Tae
14-06-2010, 10:17
Maybe 8th ed will include rules for these things? After all, the Skaven army list includes effects that can affect buildings.

-T10

The Beastman book contains a magic weapon that mentions hitting buildings too.