PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dark Elves Tourney list

Thortek
14-06-2010, 00:30
So after acquiring some Dark Elves for pretty cheap I am going to play them in a local tourney instead of WoC on the 27th. The point value is 2250, and I know for a fact 3 players are going got " cheesy as hell lists"

So here is my list to try, C&C needed and welcome.
2250 Pts - Dark Elves Roster - 2250 Dark Elves

Dreadlord
Deathpiercer
Armor of Darkness
Ring of Hotek
Black Draon

Master
BSB
Banner of Hag Graef
Cold One

Dark Riders x5
Repeater Bow

Dark Riders x5
Repeater Bow

Dark Riders x5
Repeater Bow

Dark Riders x5
Repeater Bow

Dark Riders x5
Repeater Bow

Warriors 25
Full Command
Shields

Cold One Knights x5

Cold One Knights x5

Cold One Knights x5

War Hydra

Bolt thrower 100

tmarichards
14-06-2010, 00:51
Ok, for a start the layout of this list makes no sense. If you want people to take time out of their day to comment, you're better off making sure the list is set out something as follows:

Lord (equipment)

Hero
hero
Hero

Core
Core

And so on.

Secondly, this list is massively illegal. At 2250 points, you can have 3heros and one Lord. A dragon can only be taken as a mount for a lord, and itself takes up a hero slot. So, according to your list you have 2 lords and 4 heroes. You are also only allowed 2 rare slots, but you have 4- 2 pairs of RBTs, and 2 hydras.

My advice would be to thoroughly read the army book, and make sure you're not making silly errors like this.

Actually, I've just looked over it again, but I'm not going to delete my above comments (even though I've not posted yet) as it's an example of how easily this layout will confuse people. Have you put the unit type down on the first line, then on the next line just written it again but included their equipment?

Thortek
14-06-2010, 00:56
I shall correct that, Looks like army builder is getting wonky on me! Thanks!

Tordeck
14-06-2010, 01:02
1 Dreadlord - Pair of Repeater Handbows

1 Master - Lance; Pair of Repeater Handbows; Heavy Armour
1 Black Dragon

3x5 Cold One Knights - Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield

4 Crew - Light Armour(huh?)

10 Dark Elf Warriors - Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour

25 Dark Elf Warriors - Spear; Light Armour; Shield
Full CMD

4x5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armour

2 Reaper Bolt Thrower

1 War Hydra

Total Roster Cost: 2245
There at least its a bit more readable

tmarichards
14-06-2010, 01:11
Cool problem fixed, sorry if I came across as a bit arsey!

Right, now for the constructive criticism...

The Dreadlord is fine as he is, but you may find that he's better off with Lifetaker- at a tournament it gives you a great option for getting rid of shades (along with the dragon's breath weapon) as well as lone mages. A 1+ armour save is great, but IMO the Cloak of Hag Graef (halves the Strength of shots that hit him, but not the dragon) with heavy armour and shield makes him very survivable. A mundane lance is fine for him, combined with the dragons attacks.

The BSB need's full mundane armour and a lance, I'm not convinced that with vanilla units of knights (nothing wrong with them) this is the best set-up for him. I'd be inclined for you to take the cruise missile BSB, put him on a Dark Steed with full mundane armour, Pendant and Sword of Might. That way he can either boost the knights as necessary, or run off on his own and mangle stuff which has no static combat res or war machines.

The Ring of Hotek is great, but you also really need a level 1 with a pair of scrolls.

3 units of Dark Riders is fine, I'd drop 2 units and take a couple of units of harpies as well. You could even take just 2 units of Dark Riders and use the points elsewhere.

Put a War Banner on the Warrior unit and try and take a killing blow assassin to go in this unit. Or, if you want to make the list super-nasty, drop them altogether. Take 3 units of dark riders for your core slots (harpies don't count) and use the points elsewhere.

Knights are great, but 3 units doesn't really do much more than 2. I'd be inclined to think that 2 units of knights, or better yet 2 chariots (I love chariots) and 2 units of shades with great weapons would be more competative special choices. If you do take shades, taking assassins with rending stars and manbane is just disgustingly good.

Bolt Throwers really need to be in pairs to be most effective.

papabearshane
14-06-2010, 01:37
Way to many Dark Riders IMOP.................Fast Cav is Great but you do need a little more then them.....................Throw in another warrior unit and take out some Riders and one of the Cold Ones Knights..................

Thortek
14-06-2010, 04:09
Ok here is my revised list, again bear with me first time trying dark elves.

Drealord
Lifetake
armor of darkness
Ring of hotek
Black Dragon

Sorceress
dispell x2

Master
Sword of might
pendan of Khaleith
Dark steed

Dark Riders x5

Dark Riders x5

Dark Riders x5

Cold One Knights x5

Cold One Knights x5

Repeater 100

War hydra 175

Shades x11 great weapons assassin

Repeater Crossbow men x19

LanceSaba
14-06-2010, 04:41
your shades are priced wrong they would be 198 leaving only 82 points left

personally a would give the assassin so equipment the most basic of which is Adt. hand weapon, rune of khaine, and manbane coming in at 146.