PDA

View Full Version : The Plague (Necromunda RPG)

2_heads_talking
23-02-2006, 23:15
Hey there, young 'un. Don't normally get many of you talking to an old man like mysel'. Nope, I'm just used to sitting here, wi' my bottle, watching the world go by. You after something, boy?

Ah, the great plague. I shoulda guessed you were after something. No, I didn't live through it; my great-grandfather did though. The stories he told me though, about those times.

They say it seemed to come from nowhere, and it spread faster than anyone coulda imagined; it even reached all the way 'up top', bet they didn't see that one coming. Hehe.

I know it was a terrible time; a time when folk didn't know if the old hiv itself was gonna last. Old grievences put aside for the sake of survival, folk banding together becuase there was nothing else they could do...

You wanna hear more, son? Well, pull up a chair, and bring that Wild Snake with you. This'll take a while...

Okay, this here is going to be a RPG based upon the great zombie plague that swept Necromunda's Hive Primus. You don't have to be of the same gangs, or even know each other, but you're going to have to put aside differences to survive this one!

Limitations:

Roles: You can play as gangers, juves, bounty hunters, scum, bar owners, mechanics, any type of hiver you fancy. Only limitations are: leaders and heavies are no-no's, as are arbites and spyrers. Imperial guardsman and space marines (if I feel the need to include them) will be NPCs only.

Low tech only: No equipment that can be classed as 'heavy' equipment allowed. This game will involve the same restrictions on ammo that the Necromunda game uses itself, and lets be honest; a heavy stubber is only useful when you got ammo, otherwise its just a very heavy club!

Vehicles: Bikes and such can be added, but you must verify by me first.

So, anyone interested?

mackamus
24-02-2006, 17:35
Yeah I'll play. Will get back to you on the character

Xavier
24-02-2006, 18:51
Im in been waiting for a necro rpg

Ash Waste nomad ftw.. or maybe a delaque guy.. oo the posibilites

Tanith Ghost
24-02-2006, 20:00
A Psychopath of a redeptionist, if the GM permits. I'll post up his story and stats tonight.

Konrad Gehard
Redeption warrior and fanatic
Weapons-two handed chainsword and hand flamer(not used in combat unless
the chainsword fails, primarily for the lighting of prayer candles and devotional shrines).

Konrad was a good, faithful hive worker. He toiled day in and day out to scrape out a meagre living for his family and contribute to the city.
His faith in the Emperor was absolute. Then one day, disater struck.
He came home to find his daughters dead on the floor, stabbed to death.
His wife, in her dying breath, explained that a gang had looted their hab block in a bloody spree of violence. Over fifty people died in that savage attack.
Konrad's sanity wavered as he tried to understand why such a catastrophe has befallen him. He helped to secure his hab block, but in the back of his mind, he was dying for a purpose. Then it hit him. It was a test of his faith.
The Emperor had allowed such hardship to befall him to see if he had the will to fight. Konrad joined the Red Redeption. He had to prove he was up to the task.

Wiseman
25-02-2006, 12:15
ill take a bounty hunter if ya dont mind

2_heads_talking
25-02-2006, 18:01
Hehe, good to see that there's some interest in this. Didn't know if it would fly.

Just one thing, Tanith: this is meant to be the first time this plague has appeared, so you're character's family couldn't have fallen to it as no-one has ever seen it before. The RP is starting during the first days of the plague; y'know, rumours flying around of

"someone being found, apparently eaten!" or "Ratskins say the spirits of the hive have entered the bodies of the dead!" and such like. I really like the character though, a redemptionist would be useful. Just maybe change the background a wee bit?

The rest of you, those ideas are ok. Just post a character description and equipment.

Anyone else fancy it? In the words of Peter Griffin: C'mon!

Tanith Ghost
26-02-2006, 05:00
Consider it done.

SilverFeather
26-02-2006, 06:34
Name : Nekeret Vanerek

Profession : Bounty hunter

Look: A rather small and thin man. His hair are of a light brown, streaked of grey. His left eye is missing, replaced by a mechanical version, glowing red in the shadow of the underhive. He wore a burgundy cloak, tightened to the waist by a leather belt.

Equipment : Broadsword, shock staff, a pair of duelling laspistol, bionic eye.

Bio : Nekeret came from the highest level of the spyre, maybe half a decade ago. Because the Emperor know why, he flee to the underhive, missing an eye, his flesh burned. In the first ''town" he come by, he purchase the service of a medic, who replaced is missing eye with a bionic device. Not only he needed such a enhancement to recover the use of his missing eye, but also to see more clearly, the underhive lacking the luminosity of the higher level of the spyre.

A few week has passed, the arrogant young man was clearly in a alien universe. But one thing was certain. He was a man to be reckoned for. For an question of honour, he declared a duel with a local ruffian. With his fidel broadsword, that Nekeret call his lady-love, he promptly disarm and severely wound the thug. The fallen noble has found his profession. He was a Bounty hunter.

Wiseman
26-02-2006, 10:15
Name: Skyrak Malus
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Equipment: Full body Carapace armour, Web Pistol, Needle Pistol, Stasis Grenade, Stun Grenade, makeshift demo charge.
Psychic Powers: Stun

Background: up later

Xavier
26-02-2006, 17:00
hmm, probably best not to have 3 bounty hunters.. Ill go with a wyrd, since I want somthing different, It'll be one thats not obvious.

mackamus
26-02-2006, 19:35
Name: Abraham "The Cheese" Thorn
Profession: Bar owner. Retired Ganger.
Equipment: Clothes he wearing, various baubles and mementos, key to bar round neck, shotgun, 48 credits in pocket, 1 picture of family, 1 group picture of old gang, bottle of wildsnake.

Description: Thorn is about 5'11", with a full head of greying black hair and and well kept beard that uis also going grey. His clothing consists of blue trousers (similar to a pair of denims) and an ill-fitting t-shirt. He has a tattoo of a slice of cheese on his arm; his old gang symbol. His once impressive physiche is declining with age, as the slowly emerging beer stomach and sagging muscles can show.

Background: Formerly a member of the "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" Cheesey gang (Orlock), Thorn had left his old lifestyle in a blaze of glory as his gang was ambushed and wiped out not long into their profession. With the permission of his dying leader, Thorn had opened a bar with what credits remained in their stash and had established a reputable business supplying wildsnake and escher to the local mining workers. Once the bar had proven successful, Thorn had bribed a warband of ratskins to track down those who had ambushed his gang, and paid them even more to ensure they suffered long and painful deaths.

At this point, the aging Thorn runs the bar with his family who have left to visit relatives on the other side of the hive (transport first class much to Abraham's annoyance) leaving him and a few barhands to monitor the bar. Does not suffer fools easily.

Arbedark
26-02-2006, 20:30
Ok. Count me in. Since I LOVE Necromunda.

I'll go for an Escher.

Name: Seribeth, 'Beth for short.
Profession: Escher Ganger
Equipment: Pair of matching Autopistols, momento and linked to her past, with an engraving, extremely difficult to assertain what it is, both with silencers. Obligatory Knife, well looked after. Respirator. Photo Visor.

Description: 5 foot 10 tall, lean and lithe, shock of dyed black hair, pale skin from hour spent underhive with no light source. Wears camo'd cargo pants, a scrubby, originally white tank top, with her respirator always clapped on. Photo Visor (goggles), hang loosely around her neck.

History: Reluctant to tell.

mackamus
01-03-2006, 18:56
Is there nobody else interested in this game? Think it should be fun.