PDA

View Full Version : Win a Warhammer Army

Vaul Darkhour
15-06-2010, 00:54
Don't know if this has been mentioned already.. haven't seen it, but GW are giving away armies with 8th ed purchases...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=10500131a

Paraelix
15-06-2010, 01:06
Doesn't it say its limited to the Spec Edition books/packs?

Dai-Mongar
15-06-2010, 02:22
Even so... free army... sure is tempting.

njfed
15-06-2010, 02:24
Under terms and conditions, found here...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat210002&categoryId=500001&section=&pIndex=0&aId=11000036a&start=1

I noticed the following...

6.Entries should be submitted by email to: competition@games-workshop.co.uk by midnight (GMT) on the day preceding the draw which the Entrant wishes to be selected from. Late entries will not be considered.

There will be six drawings. The above term seems to imply that you can only enter one drawing or you have to enter each week. Once again, GW can't write an unambiguous sentence to save their lives.

Bac5665
15-06-2010, 03:56
That's not in any way ambiguous. Each drawing has its own unique pool of entrants. Not debatable.

Shiodome
15-06-2010, 04:56
well that confirms they want 3000point armies then as far as i'm concerned :P

White_13oy
15-06-2010, 05:05
Is it only if you order from GW? Or can you order from a Local store and enter that way?

Rosstifer
15-06-2010, 09:58
I agree with Shiodome. Looks like it's time to add some more to my Beasties...

ghostline
15-06-2010, 12:10
Tempting, but i still have 20 box's of immolators i havent painted yet, along with 200 witch elves, 3 hydrads, and 4 cauldron of bloods. 20 Hags, 60 executioners... 2 battalion box's worth of wood elves, 100 metal imperial guardsmen, 30 guardsmen still in the box...

Not to mention the 500 goblins that just got finished....and then the 100 chaos dwarf box's i got... the ork gargants, 4 ork killa kanz, 2 ork dreadnoughts, 30 gretchin, 30 stormboyz, about 90 shoota boyz...10 mega armor orks... a big mix of burna's/rokkits. 45 loota's... ork battlewagon, ork trukk..

NOOOOO IT MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish there was a tv show called "pimp my army" where people buried under unpainted mini's could have the heavy metal team come and "pimp there army out".

dragonet111
15-06-2010, 12:16
Is it only if you order from GW? Or can you order from a Local store and enter that way?

No you don't have to. Just go on the What's new today on GW website. it's at the end of the article.

HereBeDragons
15-06-2010, 12:18
Well the good news is you dont actually have to order anything to enter. Just have to answer the question if you want to win the 3000pt army. Oh and you can win the "collectors edition" rulebook in the July 9th draw

Memnos
15-06-2010, 12:52
Well the good news is you dont actually have to order anything to enter. Just have to answer the question if you want to win the 3000pt army. Oh and you can win the "collectors edition" rulebook in the July 9th draw

It does say you have to forward your confirmation email for your order and that you do have to order the Gamer Edition or the Limited Edition, so I'm guessing you do. ;)

NecronBob
15-06-2010, 12:56
It does say you have to forward your confirmation email for your order and that you do have to order the Gamer Edition or the Limited Edition, so I'm guessing you do. ;)

I was a little disappointed to see that it wasn't for all preorders, but I guess that's a way to convince people to upgrade. There are 3,500 LE books. It says the Gamer's Edition is limited as well. I wonder how many of those there are -- maybe 10k? A 6 in 13,000 chance isn't all that bad, especially considering that some people probably won't enter.

Edit:

Oops, I didn't see this. Looks like they changed their minds:

**Win a Warhammer Army Competition
Forget what we said yesterday (you don't need to purchase anything to enter) - to be in with a chance to win a free, 3000 point Warhammer army of your choice, all you need to do is answer the following question:

What is the name of the forest inhabited by the Wood Elves?

And send your answer to:

competition@games-workshop.co.uk

We'll announce the first winner on the 18th of June and you've got until the 8th July to enter, and remember: one particularly lucky winner will also receive a signed copy of the Warhammer Collectors' Edition! You'll find the full terms and conditions for the competition here.

Dai-Mongar
15-06-2010, 13:30
Tempting, but i still have 20 box's of immolators

WHAT?!
You mean the Sisters of Battle tank?!
If so, you're fully prepared for Spearhead.
On topic, it's nice that I don't have to order anything to get the free army. Does mean that every man and his dog are going to enter, so the odds of winning are ridiculous.

mrnibbles05
15-06-2010, 13:34
WHAT?!
You mean the Sisters of Battle tank?!
If so, you're fully prepared for Spearhead.
On topic, it's nice that I don't have to order anything to get the free army. Does mean that every man and his dog are going to enter, so the odds of winning are ridiculous.

Probably yeah, but it gives me a shot, I don't want/need those special editions, but now I at least get a shot at a free army.

DDogwood
15-06-2010, 13:49
Edit:

Forget what we said yesterday (you don't need to purchase anything to enter) - to be in with a chance to win a free, 3000 point Warhammer army of your choice, all you need to do is answer the following question:

Most jurisdictions make it illegal to require a purchase to enter a contest, unless the promoter has a lottery license or the equivalent.

ChaosVC
15-06-2010, 13:56
Too far away to care. And if I do win a proffessionally painted army...I will have problem keeping up with the quality of the paint job, this means, it will end up as a display army...

Galatan
15-06-2010, 15:21
Too far away to care. And if I do win a proffessionally painted army...I will have problem keeping up with the quality of the paint job, this means, it will end up as a display army...

Where does it say the army will be professionally painted? Isn't it just like previous years and you just get to choose 3000 pts of product?

Demrush
15-06-2010, 15:54

3000 pt Professionally painted army?...Would you like a China tea set with that as well sir? :D Sorry, I just had to laugh at that.

logan054
15-06-2010, 16:08
Where does it say the army will be professionally painted? Isn't it just like previous years and you just get to choose 3000 pts of product?

Thats what i thought actually lol, its funny i looked at the comp and was like "I wouldnt even know what army to pick if i won let alome find a place to store it" :(

ChaosVC
15-06-2010, 17:03
Well, if its not proffessionally painted its not a prize to me. Oh well I shall make do with 3000pts of product then *whistle*.

Veshnakar
15-06-2010, 17:12
For the hilarity of it all I hope someone who wins writes up a 3000 point army list with 200+ greatswords or bestigor. Or perhaps an all goblin or skaven slave/clanrat list. X)

Misfratz
15-06-2010, 17:15
For the hilarity of it all I hope someone who wins writes up a 3000 point army list with 200+ greatswords or bestigor. Or perhaps an all goblin or skaven slave/clanrat list. X)Well, if I were to win my army was going to be fairly metal heavy, with many Wardancers and Eternal Guard...

N810
15-06-2010, 17:21
looks like you have to buy $250 worth of stuff to qualify... :(

This applies to all orders placed after 9am (BST) on Tuesday the 15th of June 2010. Orders can contain any mix of products totalling more than 150/200€/US $250/ Canadian $300/Australian $400/2,000 Swedish Kr/ 2,000 Norwegian Kr/1500 Danish Kr. There are 120 posters available to European customers, 50 for US and Canadian customers, and 30 for orders placed in Australia and New Zealand.

Click here for full Terms & Conditions for the 'Win a Warhammer Army Competition'.

Darsc Zacal
15-06-2010, 18:00
looks like you have to buy $250 worth of stuff to qualify... :(

Nope. From page one of this very thread...

And send your answer to:

competition@games-workshop.co.uk

We'll announce the first winner on the 18th of June and you've got until the 8th July to enter, and remember: one particularly lucky winner will also receive a signed copy of the Warhammer Collectors' Edition! You'll find the full terms and conditions for the competition here.

Already emailed my entry.:D

Grudgie
17-06-2010, 22:40
So all I have to do is send an email to competition@games-workshop.co.uk saying nothing but 'Athel Loren'?

Novrain
17-06-2010, 22:48
Quick Q: What is the most expensive legal 3000pt army possible?!

Vaul Darkhour
17-06-2010, 23:34
So all I have to do is send an email to competition@games-workshop.co.uk saying nothing but 'Athel Loren'?

apparently...

DruchiiMagic
17-06-2010, 23:42
I haven't found the reference on their site where it says you do not have to buy anything...

Nevermind I found it.