PDA

View Full Version : Is my Harker "special"

srgt. gak
15-06-2010, 03:42
So I'm not sure weather my good sergeant rode the short bus at one time, but this just seems a little odd to me.

I played a couple games at the FGS the other day; One game i played against orks and the other i played against Space Marines. In the game against orks, after three rounds of shooting there was only one grot left in a squad near Harker, and Harker had one other guy with him. Harker shot this grot with his h. bolter. The next turn the grot shot and killed harkers buddy, and then in some weird stroke of lucked killed harker in cc. The next game, Harker not just immobilized, but DESTROYED 3 Rhinos in as many turns, and then beat the living hell out two assault Marines.

So Rambo here manged to kill 3 tanks and two total bad asses, but a single grot kicks the crap out of him in close combat? Not that im truly complaining, or taking this seriously, i just thought it was funny and am no considering modeling up his chimera as a short bus. lol just thought id share this with you guys.

trapper
15-06-2010, 04:20
Well, to be fair them grots are a scary lot. I've seen grots take units that had just destroyed a unit of boys. I've even seen a single grot charged by a bloodthirster and kill it (well sure the bloodthirster was only at 1 wound...but still).

So maybe your Harker wasn't "special" but just under the grot's spell, or maybe he had too much to drink. Either way stuff like that is awesome!

Shas'o Kais
15-06-2010, 04:22
Grots are awesome, and no one can deny it.

MajorWesJanson
15-06-2010, 05:22
Grots in CC tend to win through refuge in audacity

Orcboy_Phil
15-06-2010, 05:32
Heck, my Grots are sharpshooters. The number of times they've killed Termies from shooting is unkanny.

Barbarossa
15-06-2010, 10:28
So maybe your Harker wasn't "special" but just under the grot's spell, or maybe he had too much to drink. Either way stuff like that is awesome!

There's the problem, I think. I had a game against a buddy of mine (IG vs IG) and he had Harker and a Valkyrie in reserve.

2nd turn appearing on a 4+: No one
3rd turn appearing on a 3+: No one. We start making jokes about Harker and the pilot having a drinking contest.
4th turn appearing on a 2+: The Valk. Comes in, fires, misses completely, gets shot down.
5th turn appearing on a 2+: Harker, red-eyed and hungover. Walks past the Valk wreck completely unphazed mumbling "Told him he couldn't drink that much" while listlessly firing his HB. :D