PDA

View Full Version : Decisions

Abbo
15-06-2010, 08:08
I can't decide between a Night lords/Iron warriors chaos Army, or a Ulthwe Eldar force, anyone got any ideas?

Petay1985
15-06-2010, 08:39
all these have a very different play style, aesthetic and background, what do you like and dislike about each?

Giganthrax
15-06-2010, 09:39
Night Lords. They look the best, and you don't see them too often.

TeDasCuen
15-06-2010, 09:40
It's a taste option.

I can only tell you my experience watching games:

MEQs always are defeated.
Eldars (Eldrad + Avatar regular list) always win.

marv335
15-06-2010, 10:57
I'd say night lords, but that's because I've just read soul hunter (which is awesome by the way)

Mage
15-06-2010, 15:28
The best thing to do is write a pros and cons list, and a few army lists if you have access to the codex books. Read the fiction, play with friends armies, and make sure the army you decide on is one you will enjoy doing every step of the way.

Erwos
15-06-2010, 15:38
What kind of army (armies?) do you play now?

Drakcore Bloodtear
15-06-2010, 16:44
Alot of people do IW & NL armies (Heck even I was going to one). However if you want to do a IW & NL army based on the fluff then the current Chaos codex doesn't give you much choice, sadly.

But as others have said collect one based on things you like (I base my armys on certain pieces of fluff and images)

MystheDevourer
15-06-2010, 16:49
It's a taste option.

I can only tell you my experience watching games:

MEQs always are defeated.
Eldars (Eldrad + Avatar regular list) always win.

Lies. I have beaten a Farseer Council list on several occasions. WITH an MEQ list just dont ask me to it with with Chaos. . .

If I was going to make a new army after my IG army is started and completed it would have to be the Night Lords 10th company.

TeDasCuen
15-06-2010, 16:59
Lies. I have beaten a Farseer Council list on several occasions. WITH an MEQ list just dont ask me to it with with Chaos. . .

Well, isn't a lie. I'm talking of my experience watching games along a year at my local GW and I never saw Eldars losing and MEQs winning. This don't like me, because I like MEQs. But is what I saw.

MystheDevourer
15-06-2010, 17:08
Well, isn't a lie. I'm talking of my experience watching games along a year at my local GW and I never saw Eldars losing and MEQs winning. This don't like me, because I like MEQs. But is what I saw.

I have seen it too. I have lost to them before but I have figured out how to go about playing that army well.

Abbo
16-06-2010, 09:52
Hmm its looking more like night lords after reading some of the Konrad fluff, do i remember correctly that Night lords don't use units such as world eaters etc?