PDA

View Full Version : First try in years - 8E 2500 empire

agger
15-06-2010, 17:57
This might just be the beginning of my return to warhammer (and large scale miniature games I guess) since I really like what I've been reading about the new fantasy edition! If I actually ever get gaming again is another matter involving more needed painting time, and sneaky ways to cut costs since GW isn't in my pricerange anymore... but anyways, that's beside the point right now

Please note. it's been a while since I last put together an army list, and I haven't played a game since what must be the middle of the 6th. edition, so be gentle if I make some huge mistakes or talk about rules that doesn't exist anymore

General of the empire (goes with either Inner Knights or GS)
Horse, barding, full plate, shield of the gorgon, holy relic, biting blade - 188

Wizard Lord (hides with GS or Halberdiers)
level 4 - 210

Captain BSB
full plate, horse, barding, bsb - 101

2x Warrior priest
great weapon, heavy armour, horse, barding - 224

warrior preist
heavy armour, greatweapon - 98

27 greatswords
Full command - 300
det. 15 swordmen - 90

9 Inner Knights
lances, standard, muscian - 258

1 greatcannon
2 mortars
1 hellblaster - 360

28 halberdiers
full command - 160
det. 15 swordmen - 90

10 crossbowmen - 80
10 handgunners - 80

10 Knights
great weapons, standard, muscian - 246

Basic idea is the inner knights gives me some hard hitting force, as two ranks of hatred filled knights attacking at once is ok hard. They can be backed up by the normal knights if the enemy goes hard down the flank or if they actually have a chance of destroying something together. If the enemy is a hardhitting elite army they sit back and support the core regiments or act as buffer on the flanks, cause then they can't play the offensive game well enough anyway...

Both the halberdiers and the GS should probably have more men in each unit, but more than 30 just seems so much anyways, with hatred and several ranks attacking, they actually stand a chance of winning something... atleast if the are lucky

Cannon goes after big stuf, hellblaster helps gaurd a flank, mortars try to see if its tru that they are hardcore now...

The general is horribly expensive for such a weak fighter, but he should be able to stay alive for some time, and if his unit ever get in a fight with one of those new über characters, he should be able to soak up a lot of overkill wounds which would else have taken out potential fighters...

WPs go with inner knights, greatswords and halberdiers, conferring hatered and at the same time helping the wizard out in the enemy magic face (although that might have been changed now?)

I'm worried the list is not specialized enough to function effectively, but let me know what you think, as mentioned above, it has been a while!

OH! P.S. If I'm not mistaken, 2500pts. is the new black right?

P.P.S I guess I have to find the points to bring the two big blocks up to an even 30, or their detachment units are illegal...

A Shadow
16-06-2010, 02:00
I think you have taken too many characters under the new edition.

Templar47
16-06-2010, 09:25
Not so. He has 1 lord choice, and 4 heroes, which is legal.

Crube
16-06-2010, 09:31
Nope, the General of the Empire and Wizard Lord are both Lord level characters....

Templar47
16-06-2010, 09:52
Ah my bad. Didn't see the General there :P. In that case, you defenitly have to remove either the Wizard or the General. Personally, I'd go with the general, and switch out one of your WP for a Wizard.

theorox
16-06-2010, 10:12
YOU CAN HAVE 2 LORDS IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE %! This list is for 8th edition guys.

Theo

Crube
16-06-2010, 10:15
The last rumours I read are that you're still restricted by slots as well as %... I may be wrong though, I've not read the book yet...

EDIT - apparantly you're right ;)

Either way, in my experience, a Wizard Lord is an expense in an Empire army. Personally I'd drop a WP and the Wizard Lord and go for a couple or 3 Wizards - gives you a bit more flexibility...

Also, I'd be trying to add a missile detachemnt to the Greatswords....

A Shadow
17-06-2010, 00:27
Either way, I think the characters is over in both slots and percentages. Could be wrong, but that's how I am reading it.

Spiney Norman
17-06-2010, 01:37
Either way, I think the characters is over in both slots and percentages. Could be wrong, but that's how I am reading it.

No, you can have up to 25% in Lords and up to 25% in heroes. Since the total for either is less than 625pts he's in the clear.

One small illegality I picked up
The swordsmen detachments for both the greatswords and the halberdiers are too large. You can have a detachment up to half the size of the parent unit, which means you'll need to make both blocks up to 30 strong before you can have detachments of 15.

Napoleon Blownapart
17-06-2010, 16:56
that is a very small empire army...
I suggest you main block not be great swords, seeing as stubborn is no longer so super.