PDA

View Full Version : 8E bretts

soulstealer666
16-06-2010, 05:26
ok so first attempted to build in 8th ed i think i have most of the rules sorted out

lord 433
grail vow, hippogryph, virtue of confidence, lance of Artois, grail shield, gauntlet of the duel

paladin 158
BSB, royal pegasus, virtue of heroism, questing vow

paladin 142
grail vow, wrym lance, virtue of the joust, warhorse

damsel 130
lv 2(beasts), scroll

damsel 130
lv 2(life), scroll

6 KotR 152
musician

6 KotR 152
musician

6 KotR 152
musician

24 men at arms 147
full command, spears

24 men at arms
full command, spears

5 mounted yeomen 82
musician

5 grail knights 245
full command
war banner

trebuchet 90

trebuchet 90

ok so the plan is that the lord charges with a unit of KotR to add some much needed combat res. the BSB is my monster hunter/ Ld plug if needed im hoping to see a bit of a reduction of monsters (however with the cheapness of skaven large targets i might still need it). the other paladin is to add the extra power to the grail knights i lose by not having a full unit of 9. the damsels are there as i want to try out the magic maybe even turn one of them into the greater fire dragon if i can scrounge the power dice for it. the men at arms are the damsel bunkers. the double trebuchet is something that i have wanted to try as the stone thrower rules can be over ridden by the army books, which should mean i still have S 5(10) and no partials is pretty cool.

thanks

soulstealer

A Shadow
17-06-2010, 00:24
What points is this list for?

I think your Knights of the Realm are a little undermanned. Couple of casulties and they lose most, if not all of their usefulness.

Cordantheman
17-06-2010, 13:44
I would run larger knight units in 8th ed, at least 12.

and I think Questing Knights are gonna be more worth the points this ed too..

dragonet111
17-06-2010, 19:34
Hi.

I would probably leave the men at arms in the castel and the yeomen patroling.
I like to have some (20) archers and with the buff on the shoot they are even better.

Add more knights.:D

With a magic lance I prefer virtue of the joust, if you want him in challenge the sword of the lady's champion (if you fight tough things like dwarf lords) or the birth-sword of carcassonne work better IMO

soulstealer666
18-06-2010, 03:31
hey thanks for the replies i come up with a new list using some of your suggestions here

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262675

thanks again

soulstealer